Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 179

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

17 May 2012
By LordRoss

LordRoss

  • Community Coordinator
  • Offline
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

[ Edited ]
327 Replies 932 Views edited 15-06-2012

Welcome to our third installment of our FIFA 12 Forum League!

 

We have had some unfortunate leavers but at the same time we welcome some newcomers so this season should be interesting.

 

The League Table & fixtures can be found here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Football/FIFA-12-Forum-League-Standings/td-p/14812915

 

For those newcomers to the league and a reminder to those who are returning for a third (or second) outing, please read and follow these league rules!


League Rules:

  • You are responsible for arranging the game with your opponent.
  • One game must be completed within each week between (Tuesday to Monday).
  • Each game consists of two matches.  (So ideally play each other twice in one go).
  • After each game you will need to post the results in this thread.

It is important to arrange the games in this thread because of lack of attendance.  The person who has shown less interest in combining the date / time will be the one who will be attributed to lack of attendance.


Each time you post to arrange a match with your opponent you must also post a suggestion for the date and time as well.  So rather than post "I'm free all week" please just suggest a date and time for your opponent to say yes or no to instead.


If you are given a date and time you can't make, don't simply post saying “I can't do that time”, please post a date and time you can do instead.


Match Rules:

 

Online Friendly but using online squads (for upto date teams and to prevent any meddling or virtual pros being used)
Duration of each half: 6 minutes
Controls: Any
Speed ​​of play: Normal


When?

The league starts 18/05/12 and finishes 5/7/12

You have to arrange to play an opponent each week.  The Forum league week runs from Fridays to the following Thursdays.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
09
/16

Moghal2007

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
Oh no, i've got Tilly this week. So when do you want to play our game?
0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

07
/16

Tilly-uk

  • Offline
96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tilly-uk
Accepted Solution

Moghal2007 wrote:
Oh no, i've got Tilly this week. So when do you want to play our game?

 

Tomorrow say 1pm?

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

Award Winner
09
/16

Moghal2007

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution

Tilly-uk wrote:

Moghal2007 wrote:
Oh no, i've got Tilly this week. So when do you want to play our game?

 

Tomorrow say 1pm?


 

Can't do 1pm, can try a bit later after that like 2.30pm maybe?

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

03
/16
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Park-ji-Sung2010
Accepted Solution

@wod

 

1st game - 4-0 to wod -Frustrating game for me...had maybe twice as many chances has wod but nothing was going in for me or pulling off. Bit like liverpool in reality. Carrol and suarez always a threat but the gk seemed unbeatable and this left me very angry lol. Then wod does one counter move and he scores :/ and kind of went downhill from here wod taking advantage of my lack of confidence in liverpool lol. Well played though

 

2nd game - 3-0 to me - This time it was good lol..had to do some tactical changes by playing charlie adam on the win, brilliant game in terms of countering move. Every time napoli defence was left behind my attackers. My team was too pacey and think wod may have felt the same feeling i had losing like 3-0 odd nil in 1st game ;) But i guess this was my revenge and well deserved victory for me. This game showed the real liverpool, pace, power, strength and vision :) Beautiful game for me

 

Well played and good luck with ur remaining games. Very tough competitor wod is.. so watch out peeps ;)

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

02
/16

Wod

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wod
Accepted Solution

Park-ji-Sung2010 wrote:

@wod

 

1st game - 4-0 to wod -Frustrating game for me...had maybe twice as many chances has wod but nothing was going in for me or pulling off. Bit like liverpool in reality. Carrol and suarez always a threat but the gk seemed unbeatable and this left me very angry lol. Then wod does one counter move and he scores :/ and kind of went downhill from here wod taking advantage of my lack of confidence in liverpool lol. Well played though

 

2nd game - 3-0 to me - This time it was good lol..had to do some tactical changes by playing charlie adam on the win, brilliant game in terms of countering move. Every time napoli defence was left behind my attackers. My team was too pacey and think wod may have felt the same feeling i had losing like 3-0 odd nil in 1st game ;) But i guess this was my revenge and well deserved victory for me. This game showed the real liverpool, pace, power, strength and vision :) Beautiful game for me

 

Well played and good luck with ur remaining games. Very tough competitor wod is.. so watch out peeps ;)



Confirming the scores with Parky!!!

 

Yes the first game Parky had most of the possession and I just hit him on the counter, this i had decided to do due to our previous meetings as I feel my defending is good enough for this tactic but my defending was very poor in the 2nd game and Parky capitalized on this, scoring 3 very good goals, I just couldnt get any fluent passing going and my players felt sluggish and unresponsive but thats what happens when the other player is playing better!!

 

Anyways, quite happy with the 3 points as Parky is a good solid player! All the best for the remainder of the season!!

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!




Beta Tester
07
/16

loonytoon1982

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
loonytoon1982
Accepted Solution

karanda_uk wrote:

Looney - when's good for you pal? I'm not really about til Monday - busy work week then weekender away!

 

Monday night good for you?


 

 

After 9.30 on a Monday night if you're around as got Home quiz between 8pm til around that time. If not, just give me a shout anytime you're on and we'll go from there as always.

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

---------------------------

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

  • Community Coordinator
  • Offline
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Having some issues with Google Docs atm, it's not loading the results tabs for me to fill in for you guys.

 

When it starts to work again I will update the league.

 

Edit: As soon as I posted this, it started to work.  Updated league for you.

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

[ Edited ]
05
/16

karanda_uk

  • Offline
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
karanda_uk
Accepted Solution

loonytoon1982 wrote:

 

After 9.30 on a Monday night if you're around as got Home quiz between 8pm til around that time. If not, just give me a shout anytime you're on and we'll go from there as always.



No worries, sounds good to me.

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

02
/16

Wod

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wod
Accepted Solution

@LordRoss any decisions been made on the cup competetion???

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!




Community Coordinator

LordRoss

  • Community Coordinator
  • Offline
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Wod wrote:

@LordRoss any decisions been made on the cup competetion???



Will set it up either tonight or the weekend :)

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

12
/16

Gawge

  • Offline
83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gawge
Accepted Solution
When can you play Richard?

I've sent you a friend request on PSN.
0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

Beta Tester
04
/16

halfhand2

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
halfhand2
Accepted Solution

Should be around all afternoon tommy if your about.

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

Beta Tester
11
/16

TalllPaul

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Greasty ma man, when are you ready for a win? ;)
0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

07
/16

Tilly-uk

  • Offline
96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tilly-uk
Accepted Solution

Moghal2007 (Werder Bremen) 1 - 2 Tilly-uk (Rubin Kazan)

 

Game could have gone either way tbh. Draw would have been a fair result.

 

Tilly-uk (Rubin Kazan) 3 - 0 Moghal2007 (Werder Bremen)

 

This game wasnt as close, First goal was a pen that really wasnt a pen.

2nd or 3rd was an Own goal, volleyed the ball across goal and his player slid it into his own net.

 

Good games dude, WP :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
05
/16

Gresty79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gresty79
Accepted Solution

TalllPaul wrote:
Greasty ma man, when are you ready for a win? ;)

 

Dunno who this Greasty fella is but I'm around any time really, Whens good for you bro

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

Beta Tester
11
/16

TalllPaul

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution

Gresty79 wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:
Greasty ma man, when are you ready for a win? ;)

 

Dunno who this Greasty fella is but I'm around any time really, Whens good for you bro


 

Depends when you fancy the schizz. I am hangin' most of the time.

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

MVP
10
/16

richard4481

  • MVP
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
richard4481
Accepted Solution

Gawge wrote:
When can you play Richard?

I've sent you a friend request on PSN.
You tell me mate when your around and I'll work around that :)
0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

Beta Tester
05
/16

Gresty79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gresty79
Accepted Solution

TalllPaul wrote:

Gresty79 wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:
Greasty ma man, when are you ready for a win? ;)

 

Dunno who this Greasty fella is but I'm around any time really, Whens good for you bro


 

Depends when you fancy the schizz. I am hangin' most of the time.


 

hmm giz a time will try an do it 

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

06
/16

Kiez

  • Offline
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kiez
Accepted Solution
Kiez 4-1 Salty
Kiez 4-1 Salty

Too tired to write about the games. Could've scored more in each, and wish I had :(
Good games anyway Salty :)
0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!



Beta Tester
11
/16

TalllPaul

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution

Gresty79 wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:

Gresty79 wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:
Greasty ma man, when are you ready for a win? ;)

 

Dunno who this Greasty fella is but I'm around any time really, Whens good for you bro


 

Depends when you fancy the schizz. I am hangin' most of the time.


 

hmm giz a time will try an do it 


 

Today at 5?

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

Beta Tester
05
/16

Gresty79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gresty79
Accepted Solution

TalllPaul wrote:

Gresty79 wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:

Gresty79 wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:
Greasty ma man, when are you ready for a win? ;)

 

Dunno who this Greasty fella is but I'm around any time really, Whens good for you bro


 

Depends when you fancy the schizz. I am hangin' most of the time.


 

hmm giz a time will try an do it 


 

Today at 5?


 

i'll see what I can do

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Forum League Season 3!

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel