Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 112

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

19 May 2011
By Kostionalist

Kostionalist

  • Offline
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

FIFA 12 Thread

[ Edited ]
290 Replies 1,594 Views edited 20-05-2011

Hello everyone, as the time passes new information about FIFA 12 is being released.

In this thread I'm going to post anything new related to FIFA 12 to keep you updated.Also we can discuss things about the new features, likes/dislikes etc. :)

 

So far:

  • FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
  • The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.
  • FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".
  • Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
  • AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.
  • OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.
  • The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.
  • Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.
  • The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.
  • There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.

Source

------

Images:

http://www.operationsports.com/media/768/fifa-soccer-12/

------

FIFA 12 New Features video(leaked)

LABELS:

Love OPC:)
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
08
/16

Diddymow

  • Offline
92%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Diddymow
Accepted Solution

Ibra uses Spin Attack, it misses: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/96628637

0 Kudos

Re: Trophy List

[ Edited ]
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


04
/16

G1885Y3

  • Offline
78%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
G1885Y3
Accepted Solution

Does anyone have any tips for this game? I thought I was getting it but obviously i'm not. Legendary is so difficult.

0 Kudos

Re: Trophy List

CALL ME GIBBSY!!!!!
07
/16

MisplacedSock

  • Offline
91%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MisplacedSock
Accepted Solution

G1885Y3 wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for this game? I thought I was getting it but obviously i'm not. Legendary is so difficult.


First tip, lower the difficulty! :Lol:

 

LordRoss put together a page full of tips, just had a quick look but can't find them hmm

0 Kudos

Re: Trophy List

04
/16

G1885Y3

  • Offline
78%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
G1885Y3
Accepted Solution

MisplacedSock wrote:

G1885Y3 wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for this game? I thought I was getting it but obviously i'm not. Legendary is so difficult.


First tip, lower the difficulty! :Lol:

 

LordRoss put together a page full of tips, just had a quick look but can't find them hmm


 

I did already, went all the way down to amateur and now i've come back up to Legendary and I have been winning games, but very narrowly, 1-0, 2-1, 3-2. Also then i'm still getting hammered 4-0, playing against teams like Rayo Vallecano as Barcelona in my career mode -_- . Thanks though, i'll have a look for it.

0 Kudos

Re: Trophy List

CALL ME GIBBSY!!!!!
08
/16

Diddymow

  • Offline
92%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Diddymow
Accepted Solution

Me and Dunn beat up Terry: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/98039054

 

And I have no idea what Terry is doing here: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/images/ugc/98039164

0 Kudos

Re: Trophy List

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


12
/16

Gawge

  • Offline
83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gawge
Accepted Solution

smidey-ire wrote:

wheres the best place to preorder fifa...?



Personally, I always just wait until it is released and there is normally a good deal in one of the Supermarkets. There will almost certainly be somewhere doing it for around £30-35, maybe as low as £20 if we're lucky. 

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

  • Community Coordinator
  • Offline
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Gawge wrote:

smidey-ire wrote:

wheres the best place to preorder fifa...?



Personally, I always just wait until it is released and there is normally a good deal in one of the Supermarkets. There will almost certainly be somewhere doing it for around £30-35, maybe as low as £20 if we're lucky. 



Yea that's what I do.  Any word on which one this time? Asda, Sainsburys or Tesco?

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12

Beta Tester
06
/16

fets81

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fets81
Accepted Solution

Villa announce new partnership with EA Sports

 

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2442414,00.html

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12

 photo a0739668-2a6e-4e93-9ee7-b928c951013a_zpscd9ba8f7.jpg
http://www.buttonshut.com/http://www.buttonshut.com/
12
/16

Gawge

  • Offline
83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gawge
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

Gawge wrote:

smidey-ire wrote:

wheres the best place to preorder fifa...?



Personally, I always just wait until it is released and there is normally a good deal in one of the Supermarkets. There will almost certainly be somewhere doing it for around £30-35, maybe as low as £20 if we're lucky. 



Yea that's what I do.  Any word on which one this time? Asda, Sainsburys or Tesco?



I seem to remember that you are lucky to hear anything until the day before release. Hopefully a few will plan to do deals, pushing down each others prices. 

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12

08
/16

Diddymow

  • Offline
92%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Diddymow
Accepted Solution

Gresty79 wrote:
It'll be 30quid in Asda at midnight, as always

 

Once I find out where i'm going for Uni i'll have to see if they have an Asda because my local town doesn't.

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Thread

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


02
/16

SickMick_UK

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SickMick_UK
Accepted Solution

New Head to Head Seasons Mode sounds awsome 

 

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/fifa-12-online-2

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Thread

Beta Tester
04
/16

Rayhaan1

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rayhaan1
Accepted Solution

Looks really good. Let's hope the implementation was good though.

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Thread

Beta Tester
06
/16

Proevofan

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Proevofan
Accepted Solution

SickMick_UK wrote:

New Head to Head Seasons Mode sounds awsome 

 

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/fifa-12-online-2



Nice! i like how you can sort your teams out before searching for a game, also being able to pick lower rated teams and not have to worry about playing the madrids,barcas etc :)

 

The friendly games being tracked is great news too, hated not being able to see my stats etc from friendlies on fifa11 :p

 

 Edit: just seen that they wont be any major changes to clubs, guessing they wont add more rooms etc.. :(

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Thread

[ Edited ]
05
/16

Supernova79

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Supernova79
Accepted Solution
I think this may be the first Fifa in a couple of years that I actually like. The defending takes some getting used to but it's much better than old simplistic auto-homing method from previous years. I'm liking the slower more measured pace too.
0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Thread

02
/16

mashy92

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mashy92
Accepted Solution

I'm impressed with it atm, every aspect of the game looks so much more realistic. I've also noticed that the fans behind the goals are actually wearing the replica tops unlike past FIFA titles, little things like this just adds realism to the game!

 

My only complaint is the tactical defending. I don't really like it, but I will give it time as I don't remember enjoying the FIFA 11 demo too much either.

Currently doing a tour with Manchester City.

Will keep you guys posted!

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Thread

02
/16

mashy92

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mashy92
Accepted Solution

Manchester City 0-0 AC Milan (Man City win 4-2 on penalties)

Manchester City 3-1 OM

Manchester City 1-1 Arsenal

Manchester City 0-1 Bor. Dortmund

Manchester City 2-0 Barcelona

 

Games were played on World Class

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Thread

03
/16

Comrade-Bozzey

  • Offline
90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Comrade-Bozzey
Accepted Solution

I have to admit I'm not sure about Fifa 12 this year. It's not down to it being a bad game or anything because it really isn't bad. I simpley cannot get the hang of the new defence controls. I'm not sure if to Jockey or to contian or to just go in belting O on my pad or what to do when defending.

 

On the the other hand I really don;t have a choice because PES is just poor,so it's this or nothing. I'm slogging away match after match to try to master the defence but the new way just isn't sticking with me at all. 

 

My only real gripe and moan at this game is half lenths.3mins is nowhere enough for me to get a real feel for it. Hell if it ment trimming it down to 4 teams just so i could get say 6mins a half,I'd be happy. I spend most of the match defending ( poorley) and when i do get a attacking chance half is over.  

 

I will slog away and hope i can some kind of basic understanding and feel for the new system before launch.

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Thread

Beta Tester
04
/16

Rayhaan1

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rayhaan1
Accepted Solution

Comrade-Bozzey wrote:

I have to admit I'm not sure about Fifa 12 this year. It's not down to it being a bad game or anything because it really isn't bad. I simpley cannot get the hang of the new defence controls. I'm not sure if to Jockey or to contian or to just go in belting O on my pad or what to do when defending.

 

On the the other hand I really don;t have a choice because PES is just poor,so it's this or nothing. I'm slogging away match after match to try to master the defence but the new way just isn't sticking with me at all. 

 

My only real gripe and moan at this game is half lenths.3mins is nowhere enough for me to get a real feel for it. Hell if it ment trimming it down to 4 teams just so i could get say 6mins a half,I'd be happy. I spend most of the match defending ( poorley) and when i do get a attacking chance half is over.  

 

I will slog away and hope i can some kind of basic understanding and feel for the new system before launch.


 

I know a lot of people seem to be having trouble with the new defending but I'm sure you'll get it when you start playing the full game. Surely EA Sports must have tested to make sure the people can learn the new method by playing the game a few times. I'm not a fan of such short lengths either so I've only played 2 games so far. I probably won't play any more and just get used to the controls when Fifa 12 comes.

0 Kudos

Re: FIFA 12 Thread

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel