15 May 2012
Community Manager
Playstation Staff

FIFA 13 Details!

181 Replies 1,404 Views Created 15-05-2012

fifa13catpackpftps3_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg

Electronic Arts Inc. today unveiled five game-changing innovations that will bring revolutionary changes to EA SPORTS™ FIFA 13 along with the largest and deepest feature set in the history of the franchise.

“We are perfecting the best sports game in the world with innovations that capture all the drama and unpredictability of real-world football,” said David Rutter, Executive Producer for FIFA 13. “These are game-changing innovations that will revolutionize our artificial intelligence, dribbling, ball control and collisions to create a true battle for possession across the entire pitch, and deliver freedom and creativity in attack.”

The most sophisticated artificial intelligence ever achieved for the FIFA franchise will drive FIFA 13 on HD consoles and PC. All-new Attacking Intelligence enables players to analyse space, work harder and smarter to break down defenses, and think two plays ahead. Players now possess the intelligence to create, curve, or alter runs to capitalize on openings as they occur, make runs that pull defenders out of position to open passing channels for teammates, and better position themselves for new attacking opportunities.

In FIFA 13 every touch matters with the most comprehensive and intuitive dribbling system ever developed. Inspired by the world’s best footballer, Lionel Messi, Complete Dribbling enables players to face their opponent and use precise dribble touches combined with true 360° mobility with the ball, so it’s easier to be more creative and dangerous in 1v1 opportunities. Players change direction quicker, are more explosive accelerating with the ball, and are more effective shielding defenders for longer stretches. FIFA 13 1st Touch Control transforms the way players control the ball, eliminating near-perfect touch for every player on the pitch, and creating variety and uncertainty around ball control. Factors such as defensive pressure, trajectory of the ball, and velocity of the pass now impact a player’s first touch, creating more opportunities for defenders to win back possession.

fifa13catpackpftpsv_jpg_jpgcopy.jpgThe second generation of the Player Impact Engine expands physical play from just collisions to off-the-ball battles between players. Defenders push and pull for position, and use their size and strength to win possession or force opponents into poor touches and decisions before the ball arrives. FIFA 13 Tactical Free Kicks provides the tools to create dangerous and unpredictable free kicks utilising the most skillful players on the pitch. Position up to three attacking players over the ball and utilise dummy runs and more passing options to create elaborate free kicks. Opponents can counter by adding or subtracting players to the wall, creeping the wall forward, or sending a bullet man to intercept the pass or block the shot.

FIFA 13 will also feature:
·         Improved Career Mode with major changes developed in response to requests from the most passionate fans of the franchise.
·         New features to enhance the massive EA SPORTS FIFA online offering, including improvements to the wildly popular Head-To-Head Seasons mode
·         Multiple new features and benefits to EA SPORTS Football Club, the live service that is the heartbeat of FIFA
·         Complete authenticity with more than 500 officially licensed clubs.
Additional new modes and features will be announced in the months ahead.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 182 (1,404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: FIFA 13 Details!

When they say "HD consoles"... does that include the Vita? on the FIFA cover for Vita, they say its the first true handheld HD FIFA...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 182 (1,375 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Messi SMFH
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 182 (1,365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just please fix the servers this time!!!!!!

Great game, but when that whirly-bird of death starts spinning on me I just know I'm moments away from being kicked :Argh:

Also, as good as that free kick thing sounds, I remember a footy game on the Megadrive (or some console of the 90s) where who could do that.  Problem was you spent hours perfecting these pre-drilled routines on a free kick editor and then they never really worked in the match.

I'm a bit skeptical that if the biggest things they have to make a song and dance about are Messi on the cover and some fine-tuning of free kicks that there will not be that much new this time.

To be fair 12 is a great game but if there is not much in the way of improvement I feel a bit aggrieved to buy the new one.....which I will though just to keep playing online.  In fact as much as I try to gripe about it, I'll no doubt pre-order the blighter too :xRolleyes:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 182 (1,362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Same old stuff said every year. They need to fix VP GK's to not make them over powered.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 182 (1,350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Moghal2007 wrote:
Same old stuff said every year. They need to fix VP GK's to not make them over powered.

The dribbling does sound good, but still its just a fifa +1 this year, we get these sometimes...

No real groundbreaking changes. Just slight improvements.

Baps please.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 182 (1,328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 182 (1,197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Trailer breakdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm_u5JLVju4&feature=b-mv

He points out something Fifa do every year, announce a new thing like it is actually a new thing, when in fact it's been in the previous Fifa!
Stealing a living...
CLUBS NEWS PLEASE <3
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 182 (1,167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Nice breakdown :smileyvery-happy:

More clubs news needed though
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 182 (1,140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/06/15/fifa-13s-first-touch-as-big-a-change-last-ye...

Fifa 13 first touch is apparently as big a change as tactical defending, lets hope its true!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 182 (1,069 Views)
0 Kudos