02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Casual Race Nights

1,402 Replies 1,235 Views Created 11-12-2010

As promised and continuing from other threads/conversations (so sorry if this doesn't make sense to the outsider) here is a place we can discuss our F1 needs away from clogging up mics thread.

Fantastic races this past Thursday, not sure how you all feel but i do think that 2010 performance is the way to go, but again just my two cents. Was good fun the other day and hopefully will be again whenever it happens again.

As promised I will post my setups, as said earlier not sure how much help it will be but may be a helpfull starting point, but gotta write em down first so hopefully have them by tomorrow/Monday for you.

See you all soon hopefully for some more fun races

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions
/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution

Well what a season it has been, started all the way back in December, when i was still mute to you all too, it was a much more peaceful time for you i am sure.

Sorry it is late but here we go, the final, the Ultimate, the 99.9% accurate table for what was one hell of a season. Will post Season and Race reviews separatley so bear with me on that they will be with us as soon as possible

Final Table.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Casual Race Nights

All Replies
/16

jaymzuk

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jaymzuk
Accepted Solution

I'll be up for a pole position game dan if we're on at the same time - will look out for you and anyone else who may be on too.

Starting after xmas and the new year may be a good idea. It will be a bit disrupting I guess. (Especially as I'll be getting GT5...!) However, a dummy run will be good. How about a track either in the middle of calendar or towards the end? That way, we won't feel like we're repeating ourselves. German GP for example?

0 Kudos

/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution
Yeah sounds good, shall we start week after christmas or week after new year, we could get german and another trial run in if we did it new year, although if we miss too many weeks then we really will be doing it until 2011 haha! not that it is a bad thing possibly. See what semi and senna think

And yeah will try to be on at some point tonight jay, be a laugh i'm sure
0 Kudos

/16

semihound

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
semihound
Accepted Solution

I want to start as soon as guys! I'm well up for it aswell

0 Kudos

/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution
Can you wait another week semi or do you want to start next week and just wing it see how it goes? But yeah know what you mean, not sure if anyone watched that rfactor link that i posted but it gets you going when you get an idea like this haha, should be a great laugh whole way through. I'll probably go onto f1 now ish if anyone else is up for some races at all
0 Kudos

/16

semihound

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
semihound
Accepted Solution

So next tuesday is the provisional race day opener?

Might get in another practice run before as discussed.

Also Senna, what car you going to be? Was thinking about Red Bull but might stick with Mercedes. Not sure yet.

0 Kudos

/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution
Yeah practice session over weekend will be good, i will try to let you know which days our next euros are on though when i can, like said, still dunno when the races are tomorrow! going to be fun lol

Next week seems good to start this, really up for it haha, going to be fun

Well played on fifa jay, no idea what my player was doing when he conceeded then pen, pressed square for slide tackle but instead decided to do that weird standing thing instead of cleanley sliding the ball away, but well done, were two good games and i should have done better haha

Back on topic and this season will be good, best of luck to everyone and promise semi, i wont get any vengance hits back in on you like today, just couldn't resist today haha! was a beautiful collision too though, rivals the senna one i feel
0 Kudos

/16

semihound

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
semihound
Accepted Solution

That was proper funny Dan. Again, apologies for the 'shunt'. You were just in the right position! Nah, seriously, I was only messing.

I enjoy the fact how you waited, poised around the corner for me. Haha, brilliant.

0 Kudos

/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution
Its fine, i was laughing when i got the shunt, weird thing whenever i play you lot at anything, never mind losing when its people i know kinda thing, but yeah, was great fun. Honestly going into that session i didn't intend to take you out, but i went to leave the pits and it delayed me, saw it was a red bull going past and a plan just kind of came together haha. Thought you'd ruined my plan when you tried letting me through but got me a better shot at you haha, honestly though i wont do that again haha, was fun though, worth the 5 place grid pen though
0 Kudos

/16

sennasnit

86%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sennasnit
Accepted Solution

oh man, sounds like fun last night, didn't realise you were all playing until it was too late, i'd been letting my B-spec driver earn me some money on GT5, give him a ridiculously over powered car and let him race, 20 mins later, do the same again - easy money!

i'll be doing a bit of practice on Sunday afternoon with my  friend so should be up to speed, i'll try that set-up dan.

As for the official tournament start date, i'm ok with whenever we start, I finish work next thursday and don't go back until the 10th!

With a longer race, tactics are going to be much more important, I can't wait!

0 Kudos

/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution
Yeah tactics will be key, was thinking it over last night and it is just a massive shame that rufuelling isn't available this year, would have made it brilliant as so much strategy is lost without it, but still will be a great event am sure haha, wonder how many of us will dare for a two stop strategy or something of the sorts. I will post my set ups as soon as i can senna, try to get them posted later today depending on how busy i am and if i can make the euros or not but i will get them up before the start.
Don't forget, as i keep getting caught out by it online, and it might really hurt people in longer races, you still have to start on the tyres you set your best time in so make sure you don't kill your tyres in quali before the race.

How was mics gt5 event on wednesday senna? Did he ps3 survive through it?
0 Kudos

/16

jaymzuk

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jaymzuk
Accepted Solution

Sounds like Tuesday could be possible for the season opener then..? Dan's tip about looking after your tyres in quali could be important - something I only just thought about in Abu Dhabi. Will be lots of fun and I'm sure won't be a Bahrain bore!!

Good game of Fifa last night dan. I missed some sitters in the first game and should have won by a larger margin. You were the better team in the second and unlucky to give the dubious penalty away. I think the ref had a guilty conscious as it looked like a penalty in the first half.

Back on topic... keep those time trial times coming guys. It's a nice feature being able to download friends ghost cars and it's good to check on the progress of your competitors. Sounds like you'll have a lot of time on your hands over xmas senna... I only have xmas day, boxing day and new year's day off!! :Cry:

0 Kudos

/16

semihound

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
semihound
Accepted Solution

Just got a new time on Bahrain. Check it out - could of gone faster too had I not slightly messed up in the last sector. This time I was using the Red Bull with my own specs. Might take awhile to register though.

And yes, I'm already thinking about my strategy for the first race. I have a vague plan & NO it doesn't involve any shunting...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

sennasnit

86%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sennasnit
Accepted Solution

@ dan

Yeah it was good fun, mics PS3 managed the whole event which was good, we were also joined by HeroDriver, it was good to see him racing in anger again! You won't believe it but Mic won a few races..... I thought i was dreaming.

@all

How are you doing the ghost car things, I must have missed that, is it on time trial?

0 Kudos

/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution
Yeah time trial, you can go on leaderboards, friends leader boards and then can download ghosts from there i think. It boosts your times no end, giving you that target to aim for when its a faster time and helps to show where other people are driving and the lines they take ect

And yeah semi i'm planning, first race is going to be a bit of an experiment for me i think, not sure whether to go on my usual start on hard tyres or if i'll be able to start soft as longer time before they go off, have to see what works on the day haha, will be fun.

Well done on your new bahrain time semi, will try to get my setups posted as soon as i can see if they help anyone at all
0 Kudos

/16

semihound

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
semihound
Accepted Solution

Your right Dan , it helps no end.

Yesterday I thought I couldn't beat 1.56. I was sure I couldn't get any more out of it but then today, I shaved off over 2 seconds.

I watched both your cars first of all then took them off after a few laps, as it can be off-putting. You tend to follow abit too much otherwise.

But for jokes, have a look my lap. I'm all over the shop! Some proper erratic driving going on. Yet it was my fastest lap time by far.

@ Senna, as Dan said, just go to time trial & friend leaderboards. There you can download everyones ghost lap.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution
Its such a good feeling when you do that isn't it, feel like you are at your limits and then go on and beat it, hopefully i will be able to do that with my bahrain time, am sure i cna get more out of the car, just sloppy driving as i try to push myself too hard, just need to relax more.

Really can't wait for this season, we have a clear run now apart from mics modnation and gt5 event as euro is taking a break over xmas, so this tuesday or thursday (or both if we're up to it again haha) are free my end, know it depends on everyone else as well but it should be fairly open next couple of weeks

Think we pulled off the come back of the year in the euros tonight against Germany, Got a feeling tyler won that for us, we looked dead and burried after first couple races. If any of the German modnation community see this congratulations was a fantastic event.

Back on topic, is anyone else more excited about this championship than christmas or am i the only scrouge in the group haha! Will be fun, see you all out on track soon
0 Kudos

/16

jaymzuk

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jaymzuk
Accepted Solution

I managed to clock a 1:52.2 last night, shaving 0.8secs off my best time :Party: I'm still spinning on turns 1 and 4 though - any suggestions?

0 Kudos

/16

semihound

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
semihound
Accepted Solution

Well done Jay, go for the 1.51 now surely?

Did you download my ghost lap? Not sure about those turns though. Have you made any adjustments to the car?

Should be on at some point today if anyone's up for some practice sessions like last time.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

jaymzuk

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jaymzuk
Accepted Solution

I did download your ghost semi - i thought you had good pace, particularly the middle sector. The lines may have been unusual in places but it seemed to work out for you. For some reason dan's ghost didn't seem to work properly. He was a long way behind by the time we got into sector 3. Have you had that issue?

My set-up is mine own which I evolved, but half the time I don't know what I'm doing. Trial and error really. I'm fairly happy with it but it's just the spinning that's spoiling it at present. I never feel confident going into those corners and whatever I change doesn't seem to resolve it. I will try again later, but should be well prepared in time for the race on Tuesday.

0 Kudos

/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution

What kind of traction control do you have on? May just be putting the accelerator on too much, have you tried going a bit slower out of that corner, but i know what you mean, do spin a lot there, is frustrating, try to avaid the kerbs as well that may be more helpful.

Sorry for the delay but i have my setup finally to share with you all.

Aero

Front: 4

Rear: 3

Brakes

I put the pressure to low as i tend to lock my brakes up a bit, may be worth trying but if you don't then i'd leave it set to default

Balance

Ballast Front           60%

Anti Roll Bar Front 5

Rear 7

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 2

Rear                       : 3

Front Spring          :4

Rear Spring          :5

Gears

Really not sure on this, i haven't tried really, but whenever i'm online i tend to be completley maxxed out at the start finish line in 7th, One thing that may help is moving all of the gears up one (whenever i've moved just 7th its seemed a bit long/i end up speeding up slower) but i really can't tell you if it is the way to go, that is just a lot of trial and error

The rest is default. Not sure if this is the best set up at the moment, I'm sure i can get more out of the car but hopefully this does for now

0 Kudos

/16

Dan1191

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dan1191
Accepted Solution
Sorry for double post, would of stuck it on the end of my last post but not letting me edit.

I just had another idea, might be total stupidity but maybe we could have a kind of team element to it as well, know you can only have one of each car on the grid, but if the four of us paired up could have a kind of constructers style championship to fight for as well as the drivers title? Not sure how we would decide the teams, maybe have a quick race before we begin and 1st pairs with 4th and 2/3 go together or something like that. What do you all think or am i just crazy haha
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel