Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Casual Race Nights

Yeah forgettings pens might be better way to go as they do seem quite random at times, perhaps stick to gentlemen agreements for crashes or illegal overtakes possibly?

I'm more than happy to post setups, just not had a chance yet sorry, will do before the championship though promise. Is anyone up for pole position mode tonight then? I wouldn't be on till a little bit after 8 but if anyone else if interested i'm game.

I was thinking, and its kinda been mentioned earlier, with the big distraction of Christmas in just over a week, would it be better to start the championship afterwards, hopefully by then i'd have a mic fingers crossed and i'll be able to take part a bit more. If we did that we could use nexts weeks session as a practice to see how these rules work out, so we could all vote on a track to do and then set damage and weather on, wack up the distance to 50 and see how it all playes out, get an early indication of how the championship is likley to go with these rules ect? Plus gives people a little extra time for practice on the first few tracks and can play bout with any set ups i post

I never really touch the gears either jay, although online for some reason i keep maxing out 7th gear at the start finish line so have to increase that one a bit, yet for time trial i can use default, i just don't get it haha. Set ups will come soon, if we do some races tonight i will probably post them tomorrow if thats ok

Sorry for a few really long posts haha
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 1,403 (422 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'll be up for a pole position game dan if we're on at the same time - will look out for you and anyone else who may be on too.

Starting after xmas and the new year may be a good idea. It will be a bit disrupting I guess. (Especially as I'll be getting GT5...!) However, a dummy run will be good. How about a track either in the middle of calendar or towards the end? That way, we won't feel like we're repeating ourselves. German GP for example?

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 1,403 (414 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah sounds good, shall we start week after christmas or week after new year, we could get german and another trial run in if we did it new year, although if we miss too many weeks then we really will be doing it until 2011 haha! not that it is a bad thing possibly. See what semi and senna think

And yeah will try to be on at some point tonight jay, be a laugh i'm sure
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 1,403 (410 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I want to start as soon as guys! I'm well up for it aswell

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 1,403 (407 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Can you wait another week semi or do you want to start next week and just wing it see how it goes? But yeah know what you mean, not sure if anyone watched that rfactor link that i posted but it gets you going when you get an idea like this haha, should be a great laugh whole way through. I'll probably go onto f1 now ish if anyone else is up for some races at all
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 1,403 (389 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

So next tuesday is the provisional race day opener?

Might get in another practice run before as discussed.

Also Senna, what car you going to be? Was thinking about Red Bull but might stick with Mercedes. Not sure yet.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 1,403 (376 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah practice session over weekend will be good, i will try to let you know which days our next euros are on though when i can, like said, still dunno when the races are tomorrow! going to be fun lol

Next week seems good to start this, really up for it haha, going to be fun

Well played on fifa jay, no idea what my player was doing when he conceeded then pen, pressed square for slide tackle but instead decided to do that weird standing thing instead of cleanley sliding the ball away, but well done, were two good games and i should have done better haha

Back on topic and this season will be good, best of luck to everyone and promise semi, i wont get any vengance hits back in on you like today, just couldn't resist today haha! was a beautiful collision too though, rivals the senna one i feel
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 1,403 (373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

That was proper funny Dan. Again, apologies for the 'shunt'. You were just in the right position! Nah, seriously, I was only messing.

I enjoy the fact how you waited, poised around the corner for me. Haha, brilliant.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 1,403 (371 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Its fine, i was laughing when i got the shunt, weird thing whenever i play you lot at anything, never mind losing when its people i know kinda thing, but yeah, was great fun. Honestly going into that session i didn't intend to take you out, but i went to leave the pits and it delayed me, saw it was a red bull going past and a plan just kind of came together haha. Thought you'd ruined my plan when you tried letting me through but got me a better shot at you haha, honestly though i wont do that again haha, was fun though, worth the 5 place grid pen though
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 1,403 (367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

oh man, sounds like fun last night, didn't realise you were all playing until it was too late, i'd been letting my B-spec driver earn me some money on GT5, give him a ridiculously over powered car and let him race, 20 mins later, do the same again - easy money!

i'll be doing a bit of practice on Sunday afternoon with my  friend so should be up to speed, i'll try that set-up dan.

As for the official tournament start date, i'm ok with whenever we start, I finish work next thursday and don't go back until the 10th!

With a longer race, tactics are going to be much more important, I can't wait!

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 1,403 (314 Views)
0 Kudos