Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: F1 2011

What it needs

- Real penalty's like drivetroughs, stop and go and 25 seconds back (or even banned for a race) but not anymore for corner cutting

- Safetycar

- A red flag *With a button to skip the red flag replay*. In 100% race a 10 minute during red flag ofcourse, and one of just a couple of crash views (like for 30 seconds)

- KERS

- DRS

- Real crashes with spinouts

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 34 (440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

VFTxE wrote:

What it needs

- Real penalty's like drivetroughs, stop and go and 25 seconds back (or even banned for a race) but not anymore for corner cutting

- Safetycar

- A red flag *With a button to skip the red flag replay*. In 100% race a 10 minute during red flag ofcourse, and one of just a couple of crash views (like for 30 seconds)

- KERS

- DRS

KERS & DRS are in it.  "Real crashes and spin out" - not sure what you mean really.  AI crashes will be there again i imagine.

were drivethrough's not in 2010?  can't remember, i seem to recollect some penalties.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34 (436 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

mattsimmo wrote:

VFTxE wrote:

What it needs

- Safetycar

- KERS

- DRS

KERS & DRS are in it.  "Real crashes and spin out" - not sure what you mean really.  AI crashes will be there again i imagine.

were drivethrough's not in 2010?  can't remember, i seem to recollect some penalties.

With crashing and spinning out I mean that if you hit a wall in real life you'll sometimes spin away from the wall and sometimes not

So what i mean is realistic action-reaction. Like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00F8MqvhIcU&feature=related at 1:52

And ofcourse AI crashes

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 34 (428 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Im not sure on the whole safety car thing, offline i suppose it wold be a cool feature but nothing more really, online i think it would be a nightmare, its hard enough sometimes to get through the first corner, adding a safety car to it might not help.

I would agree the handling needs sorting, you can go through a corner the same way 10 times & on the 11th it'll just swap ends with no indication its gonna do it, i know f1 can be ''nervy'' but they just arn't that unpredictable.

I think tyres need work, inters were frankly useless in 2010 , you could run on slicks until your virtually under water then change to full wets, just dont see why they put them in if their not going to make them any use.

Fuel gauge would be nice, instead of just giving some pointless yellow flashing light & then red when your about to konk out a nice touch would be to have a lap indicator on how much fuel you have left & possibly the option to over fuel or under fuel to have a bit more control of strategy.

the graphics are looking good so far & it does look like they've paid alot more attention to online this year which is nice, i think its gonna be hard for them to get the tyre difference right & im sure with perrelli bringing out new tyres every race it isn't making the job any easier & i have fingers , toes & everything crossed that drs & kers isn't represented in game by some arcady blurry type visual when activated ....that would be truly awful..

oh & lets face it , it isn't likely but having that f1 wheel form the dev diaries would be sweet

photo a0739668-2a6e-4e93-9ee7-b928c951013a_zpscd9ba8f7.jpg
http://www.buttonshut.com/http://www.buttonshut.com/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 34 (421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

f1 2010 has drive through penalties, it has time penalties, it has grid penalties. it also features some great crashes and spinouts by player and AI. no end of times iv had the AI spin in front of me or crash into the wall or barrier.

to experience these sort of things you need to play 100% of the race distance and not just 20% or 50%. by doing this you get the best experience possible/ realistic as possible to real life f1. even the AI slows down the longer they run on a certain tyre without pitting for fresh.

i would like to see the safety car in 2011, which as already been hinted from developers, mags and game testers. red flag situations would be an interesting addition to the game and KERS & DRS has already been veryfied.

lets face it, we all want it to be as realistic as possible and with codemasters doing the official f1 game, i expect 2011 to be even better than the last

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 34 (393 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54070/t1663151-f1-2011-trophies-achievements/

Possible trophies list, though it could be fake.

But it does suggest a possibility of the introduction of the safety car :smileyhappy:

Playing: Tomb Raider, COD: ghosts
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 34 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Deano2087 schreef:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54070/t1663151-f1-2011-trophies-achievements/

Possible trophies list, though it could be fake.

But it does suggest a possibility of the introduction of the safety car :smileyhappy:

I love how they make a advertisement for Dirt 3 in a trophy.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i'm sure people are probably saying this somewhere, but i really want to see random car failures for our cars as well as the ai cars, now granted car failures are rarer in f1 these days compared to 10 years ago, but they still happen so it would be nice to see them in the game. I am also interested to see what improvements the make to the career mode, like more choices with interview answers. One thing i would also like to see the 107% rule actually be used.... if i am to slow in qualifying i shouldn't be allowed to race (of course you could have this as an option to switch on or off dependent on your preferences!).
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 34 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Will Co-op seasons be online only or splitscreen too?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 34 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Played the PS Vita version at GAMEfest car graphics a bit blrry but not sure what stage of development it was but still was great fun. Having KERS and DRS is adding nicely to the gameplay on the console/pc version, the improved handling has allowed to have much more control over the car :Thumbs:

PlayStation 4 Preordered!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 34 (190 Views)
0 Kudos