Playstation Staff

Re: Fastest Laps

I used the the Renault with stock setup and all aids off, traction control max, auto gears. With a little more practice I'll try the manual gears.

I don't think there is a difference of 10 seconds between the fastest and slowest car... even with the Super Aguri I was able to get within 3 seconds of my best lap time in the Renault.

I'll post a video soon... btw is there a way to display the lap time during a replay... I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 185 (9,373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think your wrong, online i think every car hasthe same power, offline its up to you how you sort your car out, plus the obvius fact that a Renault is more powerfful than a Aguri. Maby im wrong.

David

yes what i posted referred to online so what i say is right that post i made ages ago referring to online lap times, and setup = aids for online.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 185 (9,373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I used the the Renault with stock setup and all aids off, traction control max, auto gears. With a little more practice I'll try the manual gears.

I don't think there is a difference of 10 seconds between the fastest and slowest car... even with the Super Aguri I was able to get within 3 seconds of my best lap time in the Renault.

I'll post a video soon... btw is there a way to display the lap time during a replay... I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Cheers

good times for auto gears then, and haveing traction control on max is a aid aint it ? i use stability control medium and antilock brakes only myself.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 185 (9,373 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yeah I meant all aids off except traction control... the real F1 cars have it so I wouldn't call that an "aid" per se...:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 185 (9,373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah I meant all aids off except traction control... the real F1 cars have it so I wouldn't call that an "aid" per se...:smileywink:

very true, do you notice any difference with it on or off for lap times have you tried or anyone else.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 185 (9,374 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I haven't tried to do a A/B compare, but the car feels more stable and secure under throttle that's for sure.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 185 (9,373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I haven't tried to do a A/B compare, but the car feels more stable and secure under throttle that's for sure.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK!!!!!!! ITS LEWIS HAMILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, anyways, Most of the Tracks i like to put 30% Downforce on my front wing and 40% on my rear, then the front and rear anti roll at full, works a treat for me, maby because im a agrasive driver(brakeing late, throwing the car into corners)

David

:Winner: :Party: 200th POST! :Party: :Winner:

i act like a n00b lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 185 (9,367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

it really is him you do know that dont you he plays f1 on his ps3 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 185 (9,367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK!!!!!!! ITS LEWIS HAMILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, anyways, Most of the Tracks i like to put 30% Downforce on my front wing and 40% on my rear, then the front and rear anti roll at full, works a treat for me, maby because im a agrasive driver(brakeing late, throwing the car into corners)

David

:Winner: :Party: 200th POST! :Party: :Winner:

i act like a n00b lol

do you use traction control ? i might try it myself if i dont loose any times on my laps.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 185 (9,367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

do you use traction control ? i might try it myself if i dont loose any times on my laps.

I just use the Defaults on them.

Just posted 1:17:841 on Monte Carlo, with JP Montoya.
Front Wing 70%
Rear Wing 60%
Front Susp. 14
Rear Susp. 14
14mm Ride Height
Front Anti Roll 500000 N/m/s
Rear Anti Roll 175000 N/m/s
Automatic Gearbox set to Acceleration
Hard Tyres
Everything else is at the Default.

David
Please use plain text.