Playstation Staff

Re: Fastest Laps

Ah, screwed up the aspect ratio, here's the proper 16:9 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7HemC-xqkc

Cheers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 185 (9,419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

And here's a video of the lap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3OjRLfvayc

I'll work on Sepang and Bahrain next...

nice time and you do this with autogearbox as well nice1, how do you record video replays and upload, thx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 185 (9,418 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I just used my Sony digicam put it into movie mode (640 resolution) and filmed the replay in a dark room. Free upload to Youtube... it was the first time I uploaded a video on the net, but it was pretty simple actually.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 185 (9,418 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

well its hard to argue after seeing that! do u use a steering wheel?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 185 (9,418 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the Driving Force EX, works like a charm.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 185 (9,418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have the Driving Force EX, works like a charm.

nice wheel how do you support it and pedals from sofa in front of tv ? thx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 185 (9,418 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have a 30" Sony HD LCD and clamp the wheel to the front of the TV stand, so the TV is literally 2 feet in front of me. The pedals are on the floor and I use my wife's piano bench as the seat... when she's not playing the piano that is! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 185 (9,418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have a 30" Sony HD LCD and clamp the wheel to the front of the TV stand, so the TV is literally 2 feet in front of me. The pedals are on the floor and I use my wife's piano bench as the seat... when she's not playing the piano that is! :smileyvery-happy:

haha nice ideal m8, so its right in your face then :smileyhappy: have you tried useing gears yet on the wheel.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 185 (9,418 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

haven't tried but reckon it's going to take a bit of practice downshifting 6 gears in a split second and turning the wheel at the same time!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 185 (9,418 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Funny thing is I posted the SAME thing on another forum. You need to post 2 times, because you have your online time with the default setup and you have your GP weekend or Time Trial time, inwhich you use a setup.

As for me I am sticking with the F1 Calendar so I only race the tracks they are racing. Indianapolis is in here because I am from Indy so you can understand.

Secondly, aids are a HUGE part of how fast you are really going. For myself, I try to setup the car as a REAL simulation. I see SO many videos and pics from guys that drive the car from above the driver. My view is cockpit view and I don't have anti-lock brakes. Only aid I have set is Traction Control= Weak and I set the dynamics in the race to 2 (45%).

Third, your setup in your home is a big factor as well. My setup is a 72' Toshiba DLP with a GForce Pro Steering Wheel and a Playseat. YEAH it's BRILLIANT.

My Times Online / Offline
Indianapolis: 109.097 / 107.843
Bahrain: ***** / 128.877
Catalunya: 114.694 / 112.997
Sepang: 130.608 / 128.678

Feel free to look up my online times in the rankings.

Cheers,
Host_Killer

Dang I thought I was quick... man those are amazing times. What's your best for Melbourne?

And I'd like to see a lap around Bahrain in 1:28... any chance you can post a vid?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 185 (9,418 Views)
0 Kudos