Playstation Staff

Re: Fastest Laps

Ah, screwed up the aspect ratio, here's the proper 16:9 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7HemC-xqkc

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 185 (9,426 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

And here's a video of the lap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3OjRLfvayc

I'll work on Sepang and Bahrain next...

nice time and you do this with autogearbox as well nice1, how do you record video replays and upload, thx
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 185 (9,425 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I just used my Sony digicam put it into movie mode (640 resolution) and filmed the replay in a dark room. Free upload to Youtube... it was the first time I uploaded a video on the net, but it was pretty simple actually.
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 185 (9,425 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

well its hard to argue after seeing that! do u use a steering wheel?
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 185 (9,425 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the Driving Force EX, works like a charm.
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 185 (9,425 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have the Driving Force EX, works like a charm.

nice wheel how do you support it and pedals from sofa in front of tv ? thx
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 185 (9,425 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have a 30" Sony HD LCD and clamp the wheel to the front of the TV stand, so the TV is literally 2 feet in front of me. The pedals are on the floor and I use my wife's piano bench as the seat... when she's not playing the piano that is! :smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 185 (9,425 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have a 30" Sony HD LCD and clamp the wheel to the front of the TV stand, so the TV is literally 2 feet in front of me. The pedals are on the floor and I use my wife's piano bench as the seat... when she's not playing the piano that is! :smileyvery-happy:

haha nice ideal m8, so its right in your face then :smileyhappy: have you tried useing gears yet on the wheel.
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 185 (9,425 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

haven't tried but reckon it's going to take a bit of practice downshifting 6 gears in a split second and turning the wheel at the same time!
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 185 (9,425 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Funny thing is I posted the SAME thing on another forum. You need to post 2 times, because you have your online time with the default setup and you have your GP weekend or Time Trial time, inwhich you use a setup.

As for me I am sticking with the F1 Calendar so I only race the tracks they are racing. Indianapolis is in here because I am from Indy so you can understand.

Secondly, aids are a HUGE part of how fast you are really going. For myself, I try to setup the car as a REAL simulation. I see SO many videos and pics from guys that drive the car from above the driver. My view is cockpit view and I don't have anti-lock brakes. Only aid I have set is Traction Control= Weak and I set the dynamics in the race to 2 (45%).

Third, your setup in your home is a big factor as well. My setup is a 72' Toshiba DLP with a GForce Pro Steering Wheel and a Playseat. YEAH it's BRILLIANT.

My Times Online / Offline
Indianapolis: 109.097 / 107.843
Bahrain: ***** / 128.877
Catalunya: 114.694 / 112.997
Sepang: 130.608 / 128.678

Feel free to look up my online times in the rankings.

Cheers,
Host_Killer

Dang I thought I was quick... man those are amazing times. What's your best for Melbourne?

And I'd like to see a lap around Bahrain in 1:28... any chance you can post a vid?
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 185 (9,425 Views)
0 Kudos