29 Dec 2009
By: atari_baby Member 26 Posts
Level 2

You want car setups? Here they are!!

[ Edited ]
23 Replies 16,494 Views edited 29-12-2008

I notice a lot of users are requesting car setups. I also notice a lot of people posting in fast lap times but yet very few post in their setup. Why? Are they sacred or something?

Anyways, I created this site for newcomers and experts alike. I hope it helps some of you get to grips with a good car setup. I have used the Renault and included all setups for all tracks. As I stated on the webpage, I can go much quicker with manual gears and a good steering wheel but this will lead to an engine blowout when played on the full realistic setting of all damage on, full length race etc etc. The webpage below contains relialble competitive setups for the "Hard" difficulty setting.

Warning: These setups will dominate the "Easy" and "Medium" difficulty setting.

Here is the link:

http://f1cecarsetups.wetpaint.com/

Enjoy. Hope they help!!

Atari Baby

Message Edited by atari_baby on 29-12-2008 02:35 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (16,494 Views)
Level 2

Re: You want car setups? Here they are!!

good GOD - that's alot of work ... well done

you look like you are really into it ... consider joining our F1 Online Championships :http://f1racing.smfforfree2.com/index.php

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24 (16,442 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

MS7XWDC wrote:

good GOD - that's alot of work ... well done

you look like you are really into it ... consider joining our F1 Online Championships :http://f1racing.smfforfree2.com/index.php

Hi MS7, thank you. I joined your site but unfortunately cant compete due to my lack of broadband, but I will be on hand to post on the forums when the real F1 season gets underway. I am gonna shout early this year and state that it will be a back to back title for Lewis Hamilton.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24 (16,388 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

This site is really good, it looks like youve really put so much effort into making this and is really quite impressive. This site has helped me alot.

Thankyou

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24 (16,321 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

great site, some good lap times, very good ones lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24 (16,276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Thank you. I have recently purchased a mad catz ps3 joypad and by using the same settings, depending on the circuit. I can now go between eight tenths of a second to 1.5 seconds quicker. The mad catz pad will allow you to go faster, it allows you to carry more speed through the corners. I think it is mainly to do with the analouge configuration of the left thumbstick which is used for steering by default.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24 (16,237 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Auto gears are for noobs lol.And the times are very slow
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24 (16,225 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

OMG that is immense, you have put a lot of effort into this, just like to say thanks for sharing these setups with us.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24 (16,179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Manual gearing with the ps3 joypad is very awkward. Auto just makes it much easier. My times are slow because I am using automatic gears and the ps3 joypad. With manual gears and a steering wheel I can go much quicker. I can do for example Monte Carlo 1.07.676, if I cut through the chicanes I can do it in under a minute.

Please feel free to post in your setups with all your fastest times. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24 (16,177 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

do you bounce off the walls too?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24 (16,160 Views)
0 Kudos