Problem Solved

View Original Post
12 Oct 2017
By whiteLion69

whiteLion69

21%
02 Rank
Progress

GT Sport Bathurst Track Still Wrong! Please Fix!

2 Replies 210 Views Created 12-10-2017
12 Oct 2017
By whiteLion69

Dear Mr Kazunori Yamauchi,

I'm writing this post, as I have a major concern about the track model of Bathurst, Australia. As an avid Gran Turismo player since the release of GT1 on the PS1, and an owner of every release since, I was overjoyed when the Bathurst track was included in GT6. That joy was short lived when I took my first virtual drive around the track. As I came out of Forrest's Elbow, I noticed a huge tyre bollard protruding from the end of the wall. I was even more distressed by it when during my first race on the track, I hit it, and was sent spinning out of 1st place.

During your scanning sessions of the track, there may have been this tyre bollard, as there are occasional and rare races held in the opposite direction. For as many decades as I can remember watching the Bathurst 1000, the first time I had ever seen this was in GT6. To my dismay, this tyre bollard still appears in promotional videos for the Bathurst track in GT Sport.

I'm sorry to have to write this, but after that experience, I chose to get my Bathurst experience in another game. I was really looking forward to an improved experience within GT Sport, and I've been enjoying the demo/beta immensely. All I can do is ask that you please, for the sake of Australian Gran Turismo and Bathurst fans, remove that tyre bollard from the end of the Forrest's Elbow wall.

Sincerely,

Michael Mulhall. Veteran Professional Skateboarder and Gran Turismo enthusiast.

Here are some images taken from a comparison video of real life and GT6, the 2017 Bathurst 1000, and a GT Sport video. 

7.JPG2.JPG5.JPG

0 Kudos
LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Ohhhh  that one   LOL

I plead Guilty to have hit that one a few times as well...   it's annoyingly in the wrong place.

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
98%
13 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

Bathurt rocks, but without Brocky it's not the same 

RIP Peter Perfect, King Of The Mountain

0 Kudos

2TB SSHD Pro - 8GB Vita - Bravia 49" 4K TV - Yamaha 5.1ch Audio
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel