nz911tt

21%
02 Rank
Progress

GT Sport - Friend Rankings Empty

35 Replies 1,448 Views Created 21-10-2017
21 Oct 2017
By nz911tt

I’ve been playing through the Campaign Driving School, andnfound that although my Friends (on PSN and showing as a Friend in GT) has set times on all of the events, I can only see their time on the first 31 events, and see my time on the list up until event 24. I’ve been chatting to them and they can see my times throughout, and I know they’ve completed them all so expect they should be there.

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAlien66

75%
02 Rank
Progress
AlexAlien66
Accepted Solution

Agree with you guys, it's a joke! Why don't they test before changing these things, shouldn't logic be involved? Seems like they don't care at all.

Lost my 7 top 10 rankings in the 7 sectors of Fisherman's Ranch and now can't improve my mediocre times on my Friends Ranking board, because i did better times after Patch 1.06.

In one sector i drove a time good enough for #2 in the world this morning, but it's not showing as my current PB is faster (faster than #1 BTW).

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

finemoves

72%
02 Rank
Progress
finemoves
AlexAlien66
Accepted Solution

Yeah, its a ***** joke!! Same issue here. These scoreboard resets impact good drivers the most. If you had a #1 time, its almost impossible to get back on the leaderboards since you need to beat your previous personal bests to do that! They need to ***** reset your personal bests so you can at least have your current best times getting back into the leaderboards. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo944

87%
03 Rank
Progress
diablo944
Accepted Solution

The irony is worse when you think that some players have no interest in racing strangers and only race with friends. Those players aim for bragging rights at beating each other. Then they reset them. So some of us were ticked off and had Taken a while to come back to redo races/challenges. Then they reset them again!?

i understand if the cars handle different that times will be skewed and perhaps unbeatable. But the resets are ruining that portion of the game. For me? I am not bothering with them again. I still have a couple of golds to hit, but for those already done? They can stay blank on friends losts now as its not worth bothering anymore.  Especially after it happening twice now, who is to say when the next random reset will happen.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

finemoves

72%
02 Rank
Progress
finemoves
diablo944
Accepted Solution

Getting golds is easy now with the 1.06 & 1.07 updates. The best part of the game now is getting in the leaderboards amonst your friends, or in the Top 10 Stars which is what I've been occasionally getting lucky with. To have those Top 10 world ranking times ***** deleted is unnacceptable! And its made worst because they don't reset your personal best time, meaning you need to beat your previous personal best to get back on the leaderboards.....  I'm doing top 10 times at the moment, but they're not getting displayed because they're slower than my previous times before this latest 1.07 update!! Fcuking rediculous!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
finemoves
Accepted Solution

Check out the top 10 ranking for Driving School test nr 48. These must have been set using the "reverse into the pitlane on start" bug before update 1.06, no ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAlien66

75%
02 Rank
Progress
AlexAlien66
Accepted Solution

It happens again today ;-)

Maybe they delete the PBs as well, else it doesn't make any sense !

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JavaDuke

86%
03 Rank
Progress
JavaDuke
Accepted Solution

Regarding an issue with the Campaign Mode Friend Rankings

As expected, they clarified us about the problem. A new update coming to address problem; back on track

"In the correctional update performed on December 6, we have found an issue whereold records before the update are still listed in the Friend Rankings of the Campaign Mode.

This issue has been found in the following game modes:

Campaign Mode
 ・Driving School
 ・Mission Challenge
 ・Circuit Experience

This issue is planned to be fixed within a few days with another update.

Please note it is possible to continue to play the Campaign Mode in the meanwhile, butthe records will be deleted at the time of the correctional update. (This will not have any effect to the status of Gold/Silver/Bronze prizes already acquired)

We apologize for the inconvenience."

Regarding an issue with the Campaign Mode Friend Rankingshttp://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_5753038.html

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAlien66

75%
02 Rank
Progress
AlexAlien66
Accepted Solution

The issue is not the times on the board, except for the many many cheaters, it's the fact that you have to beat your PB to get back on. So either delete the PB as well, or put the PB on the board.

Can someone translate this to Japanese and post to PD please? ;-)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

finemoves

72%
02 Rank
Progress
finemoves
JavaDuke
Accepted Solution

They didn't actually fix *****!!!! They've just gone back to an older leadeboard, and my PB is still there preventing me from getting back in the leaderboards!!!! ***** idiots!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JavaDuke

86%
03 Rank
Progress
JavaDuke
finemoves
Accepted Solution

Problem with rankings on version 1.07 where fixed in 1.08

"Friend Rankings : The Friend Rankings of the Campaign has been refreshed to resolve issues."

Update Details 1.08: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_5240718.html

Be aware that there is still issue: New time/result records are only registered online if we beat our local registered time/result; obtained times/results should always be registered if better than one saved on server (but their not).

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

finemoves

72%
02 Rank
Progress
finemoves
Accepted Solution

These ***** ***** have done it again! Deleted my recent best time from the leaderboards, and gone to an older version of the leaderboards.... while my PB still remains!! ***** idiots!!! I just recently had to do another PB to get back on the leaderboards, now I gotta do this ***** again????  This is the 3rd ***** time!!!!!! And it gets increasingly harder when you're in the top 3!!!!! 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

97%
06 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

I'm wondering if the best way to go forwards with it, is that at some point they wipe both the pb and recorded times and start from fresh once they have settled more on physics etc

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

finemoves

72%
02 Rank
Progress
finemoves
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

@PhoeniX-J-five How do you reset PB times?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

From what I gather from the times I can see now, the Friends Rankings are now only showing the times recorded AFTER update 1.06 but BEFORE update 1.07 (the previous one). I have made some new friends since update 1.06, and their times are no longer showing on the boards (because they probably set them BEFORE update 1.06). As for the Top 10 Stars Rankings, I can not be sure (because I am never on there ), but looking at the ranking for Driving School Test nr 48 for example, it looks like they have not changed with the latest update, and are still the way they were reset with the previous update (i.e. including the cheat times set probably using the earlier "reverse into the pitlane at start" bug).

With my admittedly antiquated and very limited knowledge of software development, I am starting to think that the reason the PB remains unchanged with every update, is because the PB is saved in your local Saved Data File, not online.

As suggested by @PhoeniX-J-five it may be a good idea to just completely wipe the ranking boards clean. In thay way, people who actually care about these things, can restart the "competition" from scratch (but at the same time of course allowing to record a time even if  does not beat your PB).

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

finemoves

72%
02 Rank
Progress
finemoves
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Yeah, thats exacly what they've done. Why aren't they merging the leaderboards from after the 1.06 & 1.07 update??? I did a personal best which should have me sitting at #3 on the leaderboard currently. But they've reverted to the 1.06 leaderboard times. Why would the times obtained in the 1.07 update be excluded in the 1.08 update??? This is extremely frustrating!!! Did they revert back to physics from the 1.06 update? Did the 1.07 update alter the physics so they are discounting times set during that update and have gone back to 1.06 physics with the 1.08 update?? Very ***** inconsistent and frustrating!!!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel