kss0202

61%
02 Rank
Progress

GT Sport - Gift Cars

90 Replies 14,555 Views Created 26-10-2017
26 Oct 2017
By kss0202

I like the game BUT there is one thing that frustrates me to the bone!!! So much so that everytime it happens I get more upset than the previous time. And eventually I will just stop playing since I don’t like playing when the game is rigged against me.

ALL my gift cars latetly is cars I already own! And I predict which car I will get simply by looking at the worst one from the group presented!

My first few cars was great. But then I bought all the cheap cars and now it is all I get. 

So the only new cars I get is the ones I buy and I have to drive a lot to get enough money to buy just one desent car...

LABELS: Features & Apps
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Tip: go to Campaign Mode and

1. Complete the eight stages in Driving School;

2. Complete the eight stages in Mission Challenge;

3. Complete the twenty-two tracks in Circuit Experience with all-gold

When you have done that you will have received 38 DIFFERENT expensive gift cars, and earned a lot of credits (and had some damn good fun).

And by the way: "driving a lot" is the whole point of the game. You know, after all it is a RACING game.

GT Sport - Gift Cars

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kss0202

61%
02 Rank
Progress
kss0202
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Everything I do is gold and about 60% overall complete. 

I’ll rather not have so many gift cars and not have any duplicates. Getting a useless or same car is not something that draws me to play but quite the opposite.

They can even remove the daily marathon as long as what I get is new.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nadosmi

46%
02 Rank
Progress
nadosmi
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Thank you, I couldn’t have said it as well without sounding condescending. I just paint the duplicates a different color and mod power so they’re not in the same class.

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
nadosmi
Accepted Solution

That is exactly the same as what I do with my duplicates ! You know what they say: great minds think alike. 

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

saviboy

22%
02 Rank
Progress
saviboy
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Actually, the whole point of a racing "game" is to, you know, have fun. If grinding is synonymous to having fun, by all means then yes. If not, move on. At least that's how I approval my gaming. 

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The5amKebab

86%
02 Rank
Progress
The5amKebab
Accepted Solution

It wouldn't be an issue if we could sell them at least, I've been gifted 4 of the same car all in the same colour! LOL!

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Brave27heart

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Brave27heart
Accepted Solution

I dont like that you can't sell gift cars either. At least if we sold our duplicates the money would go towards cars we wanted. 

I have 12 cars and the 13th one I got gifted was a duplicate....

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MightyYogi

• Beta Tester
89%
09 Rank
Progress
MightyYogi
Accepted Solution

Maybe they will add an update that allows for the selling of these cars at some point

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Roxa_p

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Roxa_p
Accepted Solution

It's indeed frustrating to get those bonus cars double.. I think I got about 7 double now. I don't buy cars yet cause I didn't know which cars I would get. 

They should've used the old system for pricecars.. every bonus 1 car.

If I could sell those double cars and get some cash for it it wouldn't be that bad but you can only delete them from the garage.

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BaronTor

49%
02 Rank
Progress
BaronTor
Accepted Solution

So many duplicates.. What possible motivations could they have for making the game this way? Why?? 

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

condemned_01

44%
02 Rank
Progress
condemned_01
Accepted Solution

Seems to be every time I do the daily . It spins 3 hot racecars and my prize a non racecar double . 

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo944

98%
03 Rank
Progress
diablo944
Accepted Solution

Duplicate cars sucks. Not being able to sell them, only delete them, that sucks too. Also, whoever said that they always get the crap car from the ones it initially shows as possibles, that sucks too. I felt like the odds were always stacked against me there too. You see some svelte looking machines and a car to go shopping in and you almost always got the shopping car. Its gotten so bad that I look away after it says 'you got a bonus car' and I only look again when its decided and locked in (making the spin animation and any other niceties of that segment irrdelevant now as I never see it anymore), not looking Eases the misery of 'heres what you could have won'. All my duplicates get painted pink and left out of play. I dont see pd changing things to allow the sale instead of dump as there would be a lot of complaints from those who have dumped their dupes. Its a shame you cant sell dupes even at a heavy loss as that would make them have at least some value, or perhaps trade them against mileage points.. But Theres little worse than completing a challenge and hoping for something nice only to have it be a useless duplicate. It Robs you of the feel good factor in completing a challenge. Two days of trying to complete one of the circuit challenges and I got a dupe for the effort. After that I dont try quite so hard anymore. At some point I will complete the challenges, but not doing any hard commitment sessions to achieve them now.

On the plus side, I have at times gotten some insanely expensive cars in the spin. 3.3 million for the aston dp100 if I had wanted to buy it in game.  Though the copen (at a million) is a bit underpowered.  Still, the three pink renaults, and three pink civics look entirely ignored on my garage screen now.

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ronin_JayT

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Ronin_JayT
Accepted Solution

And PD probably lifted the cap on how much credit you can have, I believe you can only buy cars with credit, so what happens when you have all the cars? 

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FOEHAMMERuk

84%
03 Rank
Progress
FOEHAMMERuk
Accepted Solution

There's only about 150 cars, if you play daily like I do then you could have nearly half in a month without spending any credits! (Including campaign rewards I mean) I have a garage with a ton of cars, including quite a few concepts... sorry... vision cars that have never hit the tarmac. 

So I'm personally all good with the reward cars. Although I'm stealing the idea of upgrading and repainting dupes for different classes!! ;) thanks!

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SirMonarz1

59%
02 Rank
Progress
SirMonarz1
Accepted Solution

Re: "ALL my gift cars latetly is cars I already own! And I predict which car I will get simply by looking at the worst one from the group presented!"

- I thought it was perhaps just me until I read this.

I'd actually say it's "MOST" of my gift cars lately are useless.

Here are my stats:   (I'll let you decide if you think it's been fair)

Driver level = 28  (I've been hitting it pretty hard)

Gift Cars received:

Gr.1 = 1.  Gr.3 = 6.  Gr.4 = 9.  Gr.B = 2.  Gr.X = 12.  N class = 22.  Total gift cars = 42

Of those 42,  there are only 35 different cars - 7 are duplicates !!

Basically - of the top 5 fastest cars I drive, only 1 was a gift car. the rest I had to buy.

I'd give this game 9/10 if it wasn't for stupid features like:  (in order of priority, 1st being the worst)

- Can't sell gift cars at all

- Get duplicate cars (would just be slightly annoying if we could sell them)

- SR rating can drop when people slam into you from behind

- Have to be online to pretty much do anything

- Not enough actual race cars for my liking

On the Plus side I'm loving the online races and the realism of the scenery and car physics.  I'd like to give the coders 9/10 - the rest of the design crew 7/10

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SirMonarz1

59%
02 Rank
Progress
SirMonarz1
Accepted Solution

Update:  another gift car, another duplicate

Gift Cars received:

Gr.1 = 1.  Gr.3 = 6.  Gr.4 = 9.  Gr.B = 2.  Gr.X = 13.  N class = 23.  Total gift cars = 43

Of those 43,  there are only 35 different cars - 8 are duplicates !!

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

My list of gift cars so far:

Gr.1 : 4

Gr.3 : 10 (2 duplicates)

Gr.4 : 3

Gr.B : 9 (2 duplicates)

Gr.X : 13

N class: 17 (2 duplicates)

So that makes a total of 56 gift cars with only 6 duplicates. I am not complaining.

And btw (as I already mentioned in a previous reply) : I upgrade the duplicates by levelling up in the Quick Tune section of the Settings Sheet (power increase and weight reduction) using mileage points. That way it kind of becomes a different car.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Really, this game is too generous !! I just got gifted the Lamborghini Veneno (worth 3,640,000 Credits in the Brand Central)  for getting at least silver in all Driving School tests.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

o___anno___o

94%
04 Rank
Progress
o___anno___o
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

i got a 2nd veneno for daily workout :)

GT Sport - Gift Cars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

93%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

My copy came today.   Yay

Looking forward to some Gift Cars now.

Cars from the Demo transferred oki

Liveries are there but cannot be accessed to make any alterations.  

Loaded one to Scapes and no Livery went with it..  Looks like they will need to be done again.

Progress in the Driving School is not Golded as it was in the Demo, but times remain...  not a bad thing as it gives another round of Gift Cars and all the achievements again.

If anyone wants to add me who plays the game, then send a Friends Request to....

GT-Ava

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Gift Cars

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel