22%
02 Rank
Progress

GT: Sport - Online races penalties

[ Edited ]
4 Replies 259 Views edited a week ago
12 Feb 2018
By Sportifus420

I am having a very hard time trying to figure out a few things about GT Sport and I would LOVE someone to explain it to me how if I am working my way through 4 seconds of Penalties and get smacked in the ass of my car by someone doing about 50 MPH faster than they should be, how I end up with 25 seconds of penalties.  This is F*****G B******T and it is royally P*****G me off as I have been a Gran Turismo fan since the first game.  Don't even get me started on the fact that in the online races every car is supposed to be equal to promote a "FAIR" race and yet there are still people flying by me while I am at top speed as if I am sitting still.  SOMEONE! ANYONE, please explain to me how this is fair because the only word I would use to describe this is "B******T"!

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

90%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

For races that have the BoP included.

You have various figures to work by...

Acceleration

Braking

Top Speed

Cornering

etc

You might find it easier to choose the car for the track you are going to race by looking at the categories that the car performs best in.   Pointless having a fast car that cannot take a track with lots of corners.  And likewise, a track with lots of long straights will suit a car that has a better top speed.

It works out quite well if you know your driving limits.
Some cars will be extremely good with their cornering ability yet the top speed will be lacking, and a car with a better top speed could lack with it's cornering ability.

It really comes down to your ability, if you are taking a car that corners better and has a lesser top speed.   If you don't take advantage of the corners, these faster cars will have you down the straights, simply because you have not made enough ground through the corners to keep them behind you.

Each car has it's strengths and weaknesses, you have to determine what best suits your driving style and track.

As for the rest, yeah...   Penalties are a little complex to go into and often unfair.

Ava

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sportifus420

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Sportifus420
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

So here is the issue I have with your reply.  On all the one make races, where EVERY CAR is the exact same thing, how can you be topped out and watch another person in the rear view mirror come up on you and fly by like your car is parked?  It make ABSOLUTELY no sense.  And I am not talking about using the draft cause that don't work anywhere as good as it did in ANY of the other versions on Gran Tursimo.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

90%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Sportifus420
Accepted Solution

It's Skill level and talent.

I'm not the best or quickest driver out there, I know what you are going through.

It's all about the corner, the lines you take, the speed you carry through the corner, hitting the Apex and powering out of corners....   this will determine how quick you get going down the straights.

It's simply down to people having a better flow through the corners, with a coupled faster exit speed....   then catching some draft if you are quite a distance ahead.   I'm often caught out with exit cornering speeds.  The guy behind will have a much better corner and you are simply an easy overpass.

There is no magic button that they press.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
80%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

"how can you be topped out and watch another person in the rear view mirror come up on you and fly by like your car is parked?"

As Ava said, knowing how to maintain momentum and how to exit corners with greater speed really changes lap times from mediocre to impressive.

However, accepting this as a challenge and learning how to do better yourself is quite rewarding in allowing you to surprise other drivers. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel