View Original Post
/16

redlinemax

48%
02 Rank
Progress
redlinemax
Accepted Solution

P.S Just searched the net for at least an hour not calling anyone liars but all i have seen about problems with patch only in forums and comments on certain sites (the rumour sites that should be called woodenspoonstirrer.com) nobody seems to be producing evidence like the usual bombardment on video sites mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm strange

0 Kudos

Re: GT5 1.03 update is live! (149MB)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

VoxeLove

80%
02 Rank
Progress
VoxeLove
Accepted Solution
I heard, on some site... or was it from some 15 year old, that the next patch turns GT5 into Forza 4...

;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

redlinemax

48%
02 Rank
Progress
redlinemax
Accepted Solution

voxelove dont tell ng4 they cant keep a secret  unless you want to be classed as a reliable source:)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jon-Mogo

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Jon-Mogo
Accepted Solution

@VoxeLove wrote:
I heard, on some site... or was it from some 15 year old, that the next patch turns GT5 into Forza 4...

;)

AWW [Removed - Please don't use offensive language on these boards] and these damn patch updates are compulsury..

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Some say he has counted to infinity... Twice, and that his eyes blink horizontally. All we know is, he's called the STIG..

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jason_Hall

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Jason_Hall
Accepted Solution
I heard it turns "The Real Driving Simulator" into "The Real Tram Simulator" with poorer graphics and un realistic damage to buildings. :Lol:

(Coronation Street reference)
0 Kudos

Real name request? Using it since 2009

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ptitdavid78

34%
02 Rank
Progress
ptitdavid78
Accepted Solution
Installed the 1.03 yesterday, and it asked me to reinstall the whole game data again? I had to wait the lethal 60 minutes + (when it says approx. 30 minutes) to do that. Only to go in my profile, and not being able to do anything, as all the commands were frozen! Only option was to quit the game via the PS button! I did not know that PD took the damage function so litterally, but I am really p**** off at them now. 5 years in the making for this, all I am saying is: Don't even think about working on a GT6, guys!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

redlinemax

48%
02 Rank
Progress
redlinemax
Accepted Solution

If the patch file is the same patch  file for everybody , and people lose there saves then EVERYBODY would have the same problem NOT SOME . The unlucky few user's when installing patch there ps3 has failed to install it

Dont blame pd when your ps3 cant handle the beast

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
95%
11 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

@redlinemax wrote:

If the patch file is the same patch  file for everybody , and people lose there saves then EVERYBODY would have the same problem NOT SOME . The unlucky few user's when installing patch there ps3 has failed to install it

Dont blame pd when your ps3 cant handle the beast

Whats your argument about FW updates then then brick ''certain'' consolse if they're all the same???

Not everyone has the same model console with the same HDD's in them, i.e one that could be on its way out anyway ;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

redlinemax

48%
02 Rank
Progress
redlinemax
Accepted Solution

What i am saying is that it is not the patch that is the problem  if it was the patch my garage game save would be gone aswell, It is the ps3 processing the patch . Havent your ever downloaded a game demo for ps3 for it  to either part install or install then say corrupt dosent work or the like what you do is download again and it works oh look the demo works it wasnt the demo it was my ps3 processing it first time. I heard for the gt5 first patch it happened to people too . It is your donald duck weather or not your ps3 installs the patch correctly(goes for demos, videos, trailers etc) and with a patch each week from pd i do hope my luck holds out not a problem so far touch wood

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ptitdavid78

34%
02 Rank
Progress
ptitdavid78
Accepted Solution

@redlinemax wrote:

What i am saying is that it is not the patch that is the problem  if it was the patch my garage game save would be gone aswell, It is the ps3 processing the patch . Havent your ever downloaded a game demo for ps3 for it  to either part install or install then say corrupt dosent work or the like what you do is download again and it works oh look the demo works it wasnt the demo it was my ps3 processing it first time. I heard for the gt5 first patch it happened to people too . It is your donald duck weather or not your ps3 installs the patch correctly(goes for demos, videos, trailers etc) and with a patch each week from pd i do hope my luck holds out not a problem so far touch wood

Ok, maybe... But when a demo is downloaded and says it is corrupted, it usually does not install onto the system, and there is indeed a "corrupted file" icon that appears. Problem is that here, the patch returned an "install successfull". No such thing as "error bla bla bla" or "corrupted file", just a plain, starightforward download and install...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

redlinemax

48%
02 Rank
Progress
redlinemax
Accepted Solution

gt5 general options i left as default (my gt5 is fine) i remember seeing options for auto install data(something like that) etc has anyone changed them and had a problem with latest patch maybe

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

richard4481

• MVP
96%
10 Rank
Progress
richard4481
Accepted Solution
Updated all fine for me :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

VoxeLove

80%
02 Rank
Progress
VoxeLove
Accepted Solution
updated last night, all fine...

Slim Ps3...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

richard4481

• MVP
96%
10 Rank
Progress
richard4481
Accepted Solution
oh yeah Im a slim too :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Danlisa

• Beta Tester
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Danlisa
Accepted Solution

All working fine.  60GB Launch Phatty. :)

BTW, people need to stop throwing around the Troll accusations.  It makes perfect sense that people will register with the official forums looking for support only when their game is not working as it should.

Of course, if a n00b with one post to his/her name comes along and creates a thread called "GT5 suxors, Forza FTW" then you can flame the little runt.;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ptitdavid78

34%
02 Rank
Progress
ptitdavid78
Accepted Solution

@Danlisa wrote:

BTW, people need to stop throwing around the Troll accusations.  It makes perfect sense that people will register with the official forums looking for support only when their game is not working as it should.

Of course, if a n00b with one post to his/her name comes along and creates a thread called "GT5 suxors, Forza FTW" then you can flame the little runt.;)

Thanks for that :)

My PS3 is an 80GB Phatty, so I am just a bit bitter at the fact that the game i have been waiting for so long is not working as I expected... What worries me is that if the update worked for quite a few people, do you think that PD will listen to those for which this has not worked and will do something about it, or should we just bring the game back to where we bought it, hoping to get a refund?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Danlisa

• Beta Tester
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Danlisa
Accepted Solution

@ptitdavid78 wrote:

@Danlisa wrote:

My PS3 is an 80GB Phatty, so I am just a bit bitter at the fact that the game i have been waiting for so long is not working as I expected... What worries me is that if the update worked for quite a few people, do you think that PD will listen to those for which this has not worked and will do something about it, or should we just bring the game back to where we bought it, hoping to get a refund?

Yes, PD will listen (if you can get a message to them).  They are the breed of developers who wish for their games to be perfect (I can hear cries of irony).

There are a few things you can do first though.

Enter the main options and check out the Utilities menu.  Check the installed files, recover the installed files etc......also back out to the Network menu and delete the cache.  Now exit game, reboot the PS3 and try everything again.

If that provides no change, on the XMB go to the Game Data menu and delete the GT5 files there.  This should remove all installed data and updates.  Reboot the PS3 again, and only perform the internet updates.  Try running GT5 without installing any data and see what happens.  Then take it from there.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ptitdavid78

34%
02 Rank
Progress
ptitdavid78
Accepted Solution

@Danlisa wrote:

@ptitdavid78 wrote:

@Danlisa wrote:

Yes, PD will listen (if you can get a message to them).  They are the breed of developers who wish for their games to be perfect (I can hear cries of irony).

There are a few things you can do first though.

Enter the main options and check out the Utilities menu.  Check the installed files, recover the installed files etc......also back out to the Network menu and delete the cache.  Now exit game, reboot the PS3 and try everything again.

If that provides no change, on the XMB go to the Game Data menu and delete the GT5 files there.  This should remove all installed data and updates.  Reboot the PS3 again, and only perform the internet updates.  Try running GT5 without installing any data and see what happens.  Then take it from there.

Thanks Danlisa,

This is by far the most helpful post in response to my issue ;)

I will try that as soon as i get out from work.

One question though: I suppose that if i delete the game data, it will mean that I need to start the whole game over (as in lost level, lost cars, licences, etc...)?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Danlisa

• Beta Tester
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Danlisa
Accepted Solution
^ Nope. All of that data is stored in your Save File which is in a different section of the XMB. Do not delete that file. ;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ptitdavid78

34%
02 Rank
Progress
ptitdavid78
Accepted Solution

@Danlisa wrote:
^ Nope. All of that data is stored in your Save File which is in a different section of the XMB. Do not delete that file. ;)

Will be careful then ;) Thanks a million for your help, I'll let you know if it worked.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SSRacingUK

88%
02 Rank
Progress
SSRacingUK
Accepted Solution
No, as long as you delete the "Game Data" and not the "Game Save"

The game data will be the huge file, and the game save will be the one that tells you which car you are currently driving and how many credits you have, do not delete that one !
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel