97%
12 Rank
Progress

GT6 Online Services Closing Date - 28th March 2018

[ Edited ]
18 Replies 2,035 Views edited 28-12-2017
28 Dec 2017
By Tassie_tiger

Here is the official announcement regarding the closure of all GT6 online services.

"Gran Turismo 6 Online End of Service

On 28 March 2018 at 12:00 UTC, the online services of the PlayStation 3-exclusive software “Gran Turismo 6” will come to an end. Prior to this on 31 January 2018, we will also end the distribution of downloadable content that can be used in-game.

After the end period, it will no longer be possible to utilise online services such as the Community, Open Lobby, Quick Match, and Seasonal Events. The offline portions of the game can still be played.

We would like to thank the many users of the Gran Turismo 6 online service since its first launch in 2013. From here on, we will continue to further improve the online services for the currently available title “Gran Turismo Sport”.

Warning Regarding In-Game Credits

If you have deleted your game data after purchasing credits from the GT Store, please make sure to install/redeem the credits again before the end of the online service to have them available in-game.

The installation/redemption of credits can be done in-game from [My Home] -> [GT Store] -> [Purchased Content]. It will no longer be possible to install/redeem credits after the end of the online service.

How to re-download Credits when your game data has been deleted

Even if you accidently delete your game data after the end of the online service, it will still be possible to re-download and re-install the credits.

To re-download them, go to the [Download List] in the PlayStationStore, or go to [PSN] -> [Account Management] -> [Purchase History] -> [Download List] from the PlayStation 3 XMB (Cross Media Bar).

Regarding the “Track Path Editor”

With the end of the online services, the distribution of the “GT6 Track Path Editor”, currently available on “Google Play” and the “App Store”, will also end as of 28 March 2018.

After the end of the online services, it will no longer be possible to transfer track data created with the “GT6 Track Path Editor” to “Gran Turismo 6”."

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_5985704.html

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
44%
02 Rank
Progress
UnleashTheShitzu
Accepted Solution

So, what happens to Track Path Editor data ALREADY transferred to the game? The explanation is ambiguous and could be taken two ways! Will a patch be issued to allow us to save those many tracks that we spent hours creating & revising, & many more hours driving? A clarification would be good. It would also be good to restate again whether or not a future TPE will be introduced to GT Sport. It would be good to know when looking for an alternative to GT6.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

84%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
UnleashTheShitzu
Accepted Solution

The announcement mentions the track editor and doesn't mention the use of the maps, only the distribution of them.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

flashtrack

65%
02 Rank
Progress
flashtrack
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

I cant acces my self build tracks anymore, because its linked from a server...

GranTurismo said: After the end of the online services, it will no longer be possible to transfer track data created with the “GT6 Track Path Editor” to “Gran Turismo 6”.Me :This doesnt apply to tracks that has been already transferred to GT6. So where can i acces my self build tracks?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Holy_Knight4

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Holy_Knight4
Accepted Solution

I am late to come to GT6; is it still possible to download the Circuito de la Sierra track?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Holy_Knight4
Accepted Solution

Yes, you can.

You need to download the GT6 updates.

Sierra came with update 1.12   

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Holy_Knight4

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Holy_Knight4
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

But what about this: "Prior to this on 31 January 2018, we will also end the distribution of downloadable content that can be used in-game." Isn't that track considered DLC, that I have to purchase?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Holy_Knight4
Accepted Solution

I've not powered up the game for a very long time...  but remember everything that is available in the game is included in the update of the game...  if you are playing with the latest update, then the Tracks will remain.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Holy_Knight4
Accepted Solution

It's been a while, but I can't recall any DLC that actually needed to be purchased.

It all came free via updates.

Perhaps they are talking of purchasing in-game Credits with real money via the PS Store.

I don't know for certain.

But if you can still download GT6 updates, it seems unlikely to me that the content that came with those updates is somehow now unavailable.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Holy_Knight4

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Holy_Knight4
Accepted Solution

Sounds good, I will give it a try then. How long are the updates? I mainly care about that track I mentioned. I have the super slim version of PS3 , with 12 GB of HDD. Do you suppose I will run into issues when trying to download the updates? If the available space is insufficient, will it be possible to download them on an external disk drive?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Holy_Knight4
Accepted Solution

12GB is too small for GT6.

I don't believe external HDD's can be used for playing and storing games, only as media players.

But you can fit larger HDD's internally into the slim.

I believe you would also need to buy a HDD bracket for that model.

And here's some advise regarding updating GT6.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/Recommended-GT6-Updating-Instructions/m-p/22766000/h...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
Holy_Knight4
Accepted Solution

I am afraid you will run into trouble indeed. I have a fully updated version 1.22 of GT6 (and the original disc in the drive), and the size of the Game Data on the HDD is 23 GB! As far as I know, the system software of the PS3 (contrary to the PS4) does not allow game data to be stored on an external device.

See also this thread: 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS3-Support/12GB-too-Small-using-external-USB-HDD-for-game-st...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Holy_Knight4

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Holy_Knight4
Accepted Solution

Thanks, you are very helpful ! I will see what I can do.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

84%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Also, you will need to follow PDI's recommendations on how to update GT6 since it has problems after v1.06. There is a thread here with them.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
93%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

And the day has arrived. Just a few short hours left until the online service on GT6 shuts down. Had many good times on this game. Most of which was online. Ah the memories. But we'll make more on GT Sport and beyond.

Thanks for the fun times GT6.

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

flashtrack

65%
02 Rank
Progress
flashtrack
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Did u build selfmade tracks with the APP? If u did ( like me ) u lost all tracks. i made 30 and i lost 30.

Now thats a pain in the ass.

0 Kudos

GranTurismo said: After the end of the online services, it will no longer be possible to transfer track data created with the “GT6 Track Path Editor” to “Gran Turismo 6”.Me :This doesnt apply to tracks that has been already transferred to GT6. So where can i acces my self build tracks?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

flashtrack

65%
02 Rank
Progress
flashtrack
Accepted Solution

Can u please contact PDI and tell them they give us the self  build tracks back plz, i worked my ass off for making those. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
44%
02 Rank
Progress
UnleashTheShitzu
Accepted Solution

When we received confirmation of the end of GT6’s online services, PD confirmed an end to uploading & sharing tracks—not access to one’s own tracks. This caused me & my family & friends to believe our tracks would be safe. We completed our inventories of 30 tracks each—some we found better & raced more often that GT6’s original tracks. But now we cannot access them—we only get an error message. Some of my friends have sworn never to buy another PD game again, some are hopeful for a patch that makes those tracks accessible once more. I’m not sure, but if the tracks are not restituted, my family has 90 reasons never to trust PD again. Please show the players enough respect by keeping us completely informed. And please restore the tracks that we spent so much time & effort making!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

84%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Just a heads-up:

The gran-turismo web site seems to have its GT6 links removed from the main menues, but, if you do web searches, you could still be linked to older information.

Don't confuse GT6 update 1.16 or other old releases with GT Sport releases. The top banner only says GT Sport, now.

Screenshot_20180406-150300.png

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel