65%
02 Rank
Progress

Gran Turismo Sport disappointing

[ Edited ]
46 Replies 2,711 Views edited 18-10-2017
18 Oct 2017
By Fejsal

I bought Gran Turismo Sport today after a loooong wait. I had very big expectations since its been a long time since the last version. I'm very disappointed about the lack of cars in the game to choose. The have been 1000+ in the other versions and what is it now? 140!!! What did you do for all these years? Now it's back to PS3 again so I at least get to play some real Gran Turismo because this is just not for me anymore and I will go and change the game to something else tomorrow. 

If you think about buying GT Sport. Save the money or buy something else. This isn't what it used to be. Very nice scenes etc but they took all the fun out of it.

LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

A long wait from the Last Version??

There has not been a previous Version..   this is the First Version  -  GT Sport.

This game is not GT6 or GT7...   it's GT Sport..

PD have taken the Franchise to another Level.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

el-ve

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
el-ve
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Lots of people won’t realise that it’s a different game as most people just see the adverts and think new Gran Turismo.

I can’t be arsed to look into most games and only realised myself the other day (asked in ran ban if you remember) that the game is mainly online 😅

Just glad I asked first of I’d have been disappointed but if I buy now I’ll know what to expect

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
el-ve
Accepted Solution

Yes,   it's the trend it seems..    

Don't read anything,    Don't do any research on what you are buying.

There are many many more people out there in the same position as the OP.

It comes under the badge of   GT   and we have had 6 installments of GT.

I'm still sitting on the fence myself over this Game...  I've not purchased it yet.

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pitwall

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Pitwall
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Don’t buy it...... it’s crap..... I’ve played got since game 1...... if you like 6 you will hate this .....no proper career mode for those that like to play offline, buy a car ...... tune it up....

Dont bother...... complete waste of money and time waiting.     I’m selling my copy and gonna buy dirt instead

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Pitwall
Accepted Solution

DiRT 4 is very good actually...   the driving physics on Sim Mode are outstanding.  And I've never really been a fan of Rally Games, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good Dirt was and have massive grins when playing it..     

GT Sport, well, the Demo did not create the same degree of fun...   could have been the lack of Tracks or something else...  What I did play was enjoyable..  just not as good as I thought it might be.  Think I spend more time in the Livery Editor than actually driving anything.

I've played the Demo, and know most of the details with GT Sport.   I will probably pick up a copy...  just don't know when...     leave PD to sort most of the bugs out.

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pitwall

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Pitwall
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

You can have my copy for £30..........

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Pitwall
Accepted Solution

It's only Day 1....

There will be lots more Content to be added...  it's hardly half a Game at present.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Pitwall
Accepted Solution

Might be a few of these on a well known Auction Site by the end of the week.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ewandwhoelse

70%
02 Rank
Progress
ewandwhoelse
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

PD have taken a backward step. GT fans like myself have an idea of what GT should be. This is not it. This is an attempt to compete with Project Cars 2, and is a glorified tech demo. As Trusted Reviews says; "it’s a fantastic simulation experience that effectively displays the skills of the developer".

For me, the disappointment started as soon as the details of the game were announced. No more fun, just a racing sim, everything else is superfluous, including having the everyday cars (which for me is what GT was all about, being able to thrash cars that you see on the street). 

If you want a true racing sim, purely for racing and nothing else, get PCars 2. If you want something fun with loads of cars, get an Xbone One and Forza, or head back to the PS3 and throw in GT6 (without doing those system crashing updates of course). Us PS4 users are still waiting for that fun, car-crammed driving game that we came to love to appear on this gen's console.

Let's hope it is indeed an experiment which will lead to GT7. Part of me thinks that the emphasis being put on so much drive experience detail and "realism" (always laugh when any racing game is sincerely called realistic) that devs simply don't have the capacity or time to model hundreds of cars. They only have the time to model a few because they want each one to be totally true to the real thing (as much is possible). Frankly, having never driven an SLS AMG GT3, and likely never will, I would never know how "realistic" their version of it is.

Or, if you want something a bit different and truly unforgiving, one might say brutally unforgiving, get Dirt Rally (or possibly Dirt 4 - haven't played it though).

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pitwall

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Pitwall
Accepted Solution

I think there def will be.......  they got it wrong........ day 1 maybe.... but base fans like it for what it was.... good progressive off line gameplay.........  they should remember what and why got gt it’s number 1 driving game status...... I think there will be dissapontment worldwide......  it’s fine making games vr oh my god realistic...4k ultra realeastic or f1 stars prompting it ......great, but if you don’t have base gameplay which true GT fans enjoyed then .... that’s a massive loss..... 

i hope. Mr 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pitwall

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Pitwall
Accepted Solution

Sorry hope mr Yamauchi ........will look after his fans who made him billions of yen,,,, no more gt for mr.....

.............game over

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FelipePagR

78%
02 Rank
Progress
FelipePagR
Pitwall
Accepted Solution

I said the same in an another topic 
and these MINIONS  are using Damage Control 
sport its only a MEDIOCRE PVP GAME 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ewandwhoelse

70%
02 Rank
Progress
ewandwhoelse
FelipePagR
Accepted Solution

What's strange is that it doesn't even look very pretty. The cars look good, but the rest is fairly meh. PCars 2 and Forza look far nicer. I could almost (but not quite) forgive GT Sport if it was hands down the best looking racing sim out there, but it isn't.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fejsal

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Fejsal
Accepted Solution

If it's not another game in the series they shouldn't call it Gran Turismo at all. I don't do any research or read a lot about titles I know before. I expect them to be a better and improved version of the earlier ones. This isn't... I am one of the masses that want to buy a simple car and work my way up to the top. I miss all the classic cars. Where are the other models of the different brands? Before you could get for example the Audi A4 and then modify it and win races so you could get that 500 000 credits car. It was many hours of racing before you got a proper racing car. Now I got a Ferrari the first day in the beta. With that you got cheated on a lot of the game.

One other thing when we talk about the cars. Why are the cars old? Look at Renault Sports. They have the old Megane in the game but there is a new that have been presented. I have a Megane GT 2016. Why didn't the take a car like that in the game? It's a Renault Sport and look exactly as the new RS coming next year. Earlier Gran Turismo had almost all new models. Where is the all new VW Arteon? 

Anyone want to buy a copy? Mine is for sale! I'm getting Project Cars 2 instead or installing my PS3 again and go back to what Gran Turismo used to be.... FUN!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

castaway666

• MVP
97%
15 Rank
Progress
castaway666
Fejsal
Accepted Solution

It's not first time developers do this, look at the Forza series for example...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

castaway666

• MVP
97%
15 Rank
Progress
castaway666
Fejsal
Accepted Solution

Also there will be more and more cars released down the line.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Fejsal
Accepted Solution

You chose not to do any research on the game you were buying... that's fair enough, but you cannot blame PD for this, they are not at fault here...  all the Sim drivers that I know...   all knew what they were getting.

The first signs of this game caused alarm bells...   it's not a Number Edition (this is a big clue), this game would be different from the previous 6 games and it has turned out to be just that.  It's not GT7   it is GT Sport.

PD have chosen a new path,  many don't like this path - I am getting this information from my twitter notifications as they have gone ballistic with unhappy people commenting on how bad they feel.  The people that are complaining will be people like yourself who had no idea of what they were downloading..   Research is key my friend.

And it's still early days,  Day 2 now for Europe...   this game will grow..  content will be added when it is ready, and for FREE.  The game will evolve over time.

I will get this game, but I have chosen to get this game at a later date...   I have limited time to play anything nowadays as I have a small child..  So, when I do wish to play, I want these little bugs that are occurring to have been rectified.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ewandwhoelse

70%
02 Rank
Progress
ewandwhoelse
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I knew what I would be getting, and so have not bought.

It's not just to do with research though, it's to do with the expectations which GT have set their fans. Failure to meet these expectations, regardless of why people have those expectations, is still disappointment.

For me, as you say, the disappointment basically happened upon announcement of this glorified tech demo.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Poddo66

51%
02 Rank
Progress