44%
02 Rank
Progress

Gran turismo sport, decal uploader issue

73 Replies 8,388 Views Created 18-11-2017
18 Nov 2017
By Lemanske

Hi,

Need some help: I have an issue with the decal uploader in Gran Turismo Sport and I don't know how to fix :-(

Problem is not with the upload itself (see picture) ...

23732335_10212248911671844_2025336290_o.jpgupload succesfull

... but when I go in the game the image itself is not visable (see picture)

23770313_10212248909831798_529137652_o.jpg

All I have is a blank dud... Something was uploaded, but not a picture... Don't know what the issue is exactly. Can anyone help?

I use Adobe Illustrator (older version, CS3) to create an .svg file. Then - if needed- using SVG Minifier or SVGOMG websites I reduce the size to less then 15kb and upload that into the game. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks in advance for your help

Br. LeManske

LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Angry-Hermit

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Angry-Hermit
Xylian86
Accepted Solution

same issue, i have no idea why some people have no problem, size isnt even a problem for me, but i upload it and stuffs just messed up like broken paths or something

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Insideout030

73%
02 Rank
Progress
Insideout030
Angry-Hermit
Accepted Solution

Is your canvas lined up with your decal?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Chi_D121

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Chi_D121
Accepted Solution

Problem solved at least for me

Ok people I had the same problem uploaded fine and showed on the GT site, then in game blank!  Use the same SVG files and upload and save them through this online editor, and then upload through GT sport site and it should work.  Must be something to do with the SVG version not being 1.0 or 1.1 maybe. 

https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

94%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
Chi_D121
Accepted Solution

Weirdly, SVGOMG is causing issues for me saying the file type isn't recognised when I upload to GT.

I've also found that Illustrator is actually giving me smaller file sizes than inkscape. I thought it was going to be the other way round as Illustrator saves the code and it's own visual file at the same time.

I've managed to upload a few of my own logo designs, but the marvin is still sitting there stuck. Got it down to 13kb now using SVGOMG, but that's also the one that says that it won't work

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Chi_D121

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Chi_D121
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

Forgot to mention i used Krita to resize then:

https://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-svg

to convert the images to SVG and then use SVGOMG and had zero issues uploading.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XxStanTheManxX

39%
02 Rank
Progress
XxStanTheManxX
Accepted Solution

Hey, where on the gran-turismo.com website is the decal uploader located? Can you upload anything within svg size limit?

0 Kudos

XxStanTheManxX

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokey019

96%
06 Rank
Progress
smokey019
XxStanTheManxX
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jkurittu

37%
02 Rank
Progress
jkurittu
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem and would also like to understand what is going wrong

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PukiePaul

45%
02 Rank
Progress
PukiePaul
Accepted Solution

So I've watched the tutorials, followed all instuctions, some of my files are only about 4KB. Only 1 is showing correctly in game. The Website shows the images correctly after uploading but I;m still getting blank images in game. I don't know what I did different on the 1 file that worked.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CardinalFire

26%
02 Rank
Progress
CardinalFire
Accepted Solution

I have precisely the same issue - I've exported a couple of simple images into SVG format below the max file size - when I upload them they show as a black silhouette only, I've tried everything to ensure they're just "simple" SVG images.
Are they pending approval before they go live? - is that what's happening here or is it a bug?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SethRah93

43%
02 Rank
Progress
SethRah93
Accepted Solution

Interesting, My decals are uploading, however they are getting warped pretty badly

Assuming this is related to the "- for gradations, only simple shapes are supported;"

25289679_10215093726362318_200171864306919909_n.jpgScreenshot - 16 Dec 2017 , 4_40_13 PM.png

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Acidictadpole

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Acidictadpole
Accepted Solution

My particular issue had to do with using the circle tool on Inkscape. If you have perfect circles it appears to not work properly.

I converted the circles to paths using Path -> Object to Path then clicked the Path tool (F2) and slightly skewed one path in each of my circles. It appeared properly in the game after that. 

If you notice the skew too much, then you can maybe add more path nodes around your circles and skew them with finer precision (this will increase your file size though).

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SethRah93

43%
02 Rank
Progress
SethRah93
Acidictadpole
Accepted Solution

I actually just used the pen tool for all my shapes other than the eyes, everything else are just plotted lines really.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lemanske

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Lemanske
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Problem solved for me. I downloaded a free version of inkscape. Now what I do is make the decal in Illustrator and save it as .AI format. Then I open that file in Inkscape and do a save as .SVG. Now I can upload that into the game without any issues. Still don't know exactly what went wrong with lt earlier method, but OK it's solved now.

+ if needed I still can use the SVGOMG website (https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/) to reduce the size to less then 15kb (which in my eyes is just plain ridiculous, any decent decal/logo is min 40/50+ kb, go any lower and you seriously affect the quality of your design!!!)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SethRah93

43%
02 Rank
Progress
SethRah93
Lemanske
Accepted Solution

Well if the SVG is made correctly then it's easily less than 15kb while being complex. When people convert images to SVG then it's going to become a problem because it's not really created as an SVG, it's just an image with its file format changed.

That image example I posted above is 7kb, with over 50 layers. in a different format it goes up to 50kb for 400px. The SVG would retain its 7kb regardless of the image size.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DaveSpitz

29%
02 Rank
Progress
DaveSpitz
SethRah93
Accepted Solution

Hey SethRah, please could you tell us how to make them correctly? I have loads of png files I've made in the past on Photoshop and I was hoping I could convert them but as you know that can't be done without the file size being huge. I've never used AI, is this what you Use? If so is there much difference to Photoshop? I will look it up too but sometimes it' easier if someone like you explains it.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SethRah93

43%
02 Rank
Progress
SethRah93
DaveSpitz
Accepted Solution

Well an SVG has to be vector, which means you will have to either construct your shapes using the pen tool to plot points for your objects, or create the entire image out of various simple objects that can be scaled.

A small example would be that I can make a circle with the shape tool in Photoshop, then if vector based, all the svg format needs to interpret is knowing that it has to draw a circle shape starting from a certain point. Where if you didn't draw the circle using a vector tool, the circle will be rastered, and the entire object will have to be looked at from pixel to pixel making the file size much larger, because it's no longer a shape it's reading, it's just pixels. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sikihawk81

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Sikihawk81
Accepted Solution

I have a Freezing problem. daily training after fulfillment I will not get a gift car. after mileage, I want to go back to the main menu, but the game will freeze and no rewards will be made.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XxStanTheManxX

39%
02 Rank
Progress
XxStanTheManxX
Accepted Solution

I have a image and it's 1200x1200 jpeg. file. I down-sized it under 15kb. I tried a website that would convert it to a SVG file, but the picture is degraded. The resolution is totally reduced, image is barely there. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos

XxStanTheManxX

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SethRah93

43%
02 Rank
Progress
SethRah93
XxStanTheManxX
Accepted Solution

Because that's not how SVG's work.

It's a scalable vector graphic, converting a jpg to svg  won't have any influence on making it scalable as the original format was not vector. 

You just end up with a 15kb jpg that now has .svg appended to it. It's not an SVG.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XxStanTheManxX

39%
02 Rank
Progress
XxStanTheManxX
SethRah93
Accepted Solution

What can i do with a specific image that i want to upload so i can make liveries in GT Sport? I know some of these specific anime designs in the game that i see, can't be done in game. Some i notice that it can be done in game, because of some of the decals in the game. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos

XxStanTheManxX
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel