diablo944

98%
03 Rank
Progress

Gran turismo sport pedal calibration

106 Replies 20,972 Views Created 12-10-2017
12 Oct 2017
By diablo944

I am using a t300 rs with t3pa pro pedals. The brake has a conical mod so travel is limited unless you stamp on it like a superhuman. I am only posting this as I hope there are others in the same position who will appreciate the situation. The game plays well (apart from server issues that keep stopping game saves), though the force feedback on the t300 feels seriously heavy, even with settings low its still strong ffb, perhaps too strong.

but the lack of pedal calibration is my biggest concern. With pedal calibration (and deadzone) its possible to fine tune the experience so maximum travel of the brake isnt required to get a full brake application. It would also allow for any conical mod users to have the brake come in at the point the rubber meets the pedal for much finer control.  In my case I am either braking way too soft and overcooking corners, or pushing so hard that its impossible to gauge correctly without having to look at the brake meter on screen.  I was disappointed to see that although a lot of wheels are supported, the pedals are not shown anywhere and so have no calibration options. 

Other than that though, the game looks like its a winner.

LABELS: Steering wheels
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Sifapoule
Accepted Solution

Hold down the Mode Button for a few seconds, it will change the inverted Pedals.

It maybe showing Green at present, hold down until it's back to Red.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bellefs

73%
02 Rank
Progress
Bellefs
Sifapoule
Accepted Solution

Hold the mode button on your wheel base dude lol

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo944

98%
03 Rank
Progress
diablo944
Accepted Solution

Rtfm

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HockAik

55%
02 Rank
Progress
HockAik
Accepted Solution

Hi i'm facing problem with my wheel pedal calibration.. on the throttle pedal.

when i physically pressed the pedal fully, the throttle gauge on GT Sport shows only like 50%, some time 70%. and it's "spiking" some time.

i tried to keep restarting the game / PS4 / wheel, it works fine for a while, then the problem persists.

Anyone facing the similar problem and can advise some solution on this? I suspect the problem comes from hardware, but it works just fine on driveclub.

I'm using T300RS GT Edition with a T3PA pedal, with latest firmware.

I love GTS but this pedal issue ruins the game T.T

Thanks in advance for advices.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s11mon72

61%
02 Rank
Progress
s11mon72
HockAik
Accepted Solution

I have the exact same issue. Works fine for 15 minutes or so (100% throttle) and all of a sudden I can only get to 75-80% max. Only way to ‘resolve’ is to unplug the power of the T300 (which probably forces a recalibration that temporarily fixes the issue again).

doesnt seem to be an issue in other games as far as I can tell.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s11mon72

61%
02 Rank
Progress
s11mon72
s11mon72
Accepted Solution

..and when I switch to using the clutch pedal (by pressing the mode button for 2 seconds) it will then go up to 100% again as well (when pressing the clutch down). But this drives terrible of course. 

Connecting the T300 to laptop, all pedals show 0-100 range just fine, so problem does not seem to be in the hardware.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HockAik

55%
02 Rank
Progress
HockAik
Accepted Solution

I have the exactly same situation. When connected to pc, all three pedals work just fine.. switch to clutch pedal then the throttle also work perfectly.. but I can't drive using left foot!

Will it be gtsport problem?

So far I tried it on driveclub the gas pedal works ok... Hope more people can share their advice

0 Kudos

Re: Gran turismo sport pedal calibration

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s11mon72

61%
02 Rank
Progress
s11mon72
HockAik
Accepted Solution

F1 2016 works fine, Project Cars (1) as well.  But do see in calibration on Project Cars that sometimes I don't get the gas to 100% in the calibration screen.   

GTS has a non-lineair thottle, so the last bit of travel of the pedal is resulting in throttle going from 70-100%. So GTS is very sensitive about the last millimeters of pedal travel, whereas other games (where throttle is linear) aren't.  Not sure though, just a thought.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HockAik

55%
02 Rank
Progress
HockAik
s11mon72
Accepted Solution

I just made an experiment. I tried putting something to physically limit the pedal's movement, as in when I press the pedal, it will stop physically at around 80% of the full travel range. Then I can achieve full throttle in game. But that 'something' is jz a loose part, whenever it runs out of position after few round of game, the pedal self calibrate again basing on the max pedal travel, n problem is back. 

So I guess it's because of the non linearity setting in GTS, plus my gas

pedal calibration (maybe at the final small portion) is not correct. Sigh...

If only GTS has calibration option, otherwise my pedal can't work properly for GTS I guess..

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s11mon72

61%
02 Rank
Progress
s11mon72
HockAik
Accepted Solution

Not a bad idea, worth a try. I now put a coin under the pedal that maxes the travel of the pedal to about 90-95% (which sits there quite fixed now I think) and in the T300RS Racing Wheel Control panel on my PC this reports as 100% after power recycle/calibration. Have not tried in GTS yet, but will do tomorrow. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HockAik

55%
02 Rank
Progress
HockAik
s11mon72
Accepted Solution

Great. Please share the outcome. I'm gonna try few more times when free, if this works I might find a way to add something that can sit properly / permanently. Hopefully this can solve our issue while hoping Sony /PD aware of this issue and do something to improve the calibration..

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s11mon72

61%
02 Rank
Progress
s11mon72
HockAik
Accepted Solution

oh great, my reply disappeared when I updated the photo.

To keep it short, I fixed the issue by readjusting the white gear attached to the potentiometer in the gas pedal so it has 5 tooth showing now (when pedal is not pressed). Works great now, tested by driving the 30 lap endurance challenge.

Happy GTS racer again :)

2018-01-14_17-14-02.jpg

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo944

98%
03 Rank
Progress
diablo944
Accepted Solution

Welcome to the unhappy party. 10 percent brake on my setup is way too hard to achieve repeatedly. I ene up driving with around 70mpercent max brake. Shite system.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jodacoto

67%
02 Rank
Progress
jodacoto
HockAik
Accepted Solution
  • I have the same issue as described above^, im using 3tpa pro pedals with T150 wheel. I tried the fix of moving the potentiometer's gear so that now 3 teeth are now showing instead of 2, i can now get 100% throttle in the in game meter but i find it too sensitive and special handling of the gas pedal is needed. we need calibration software for pedals.
0 Kudos

Daco

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

s11mon72

61%
02 Rank
Progress
s11mon72
jodacoto
Accepted Solution

If they would only make the pedal curve linear it would be much better. Now the final 10% of travel of the pedal means going from 50% to 100% of acceleration. Getting i.e. 80% of acceleration is hardly doable.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mercedesc111

32%
02 Rank
Progress
mercedesc111
Accepted Solution

Ditto, same issue here. Accelerator 100% down but only registering 50-70% and spiking. Only happens on GTSport, not PCars2, but really fricken annoying! Have contacted Thrustmaster but by the looks this is a Polyphony issue.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

84%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Check after the update, this week, to see if the calibration problem is fixed.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo944

98%
03 Rank
Progress
diablo944
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

I really hope so. I have gotten used to it being a bit crap, but it would improve so much if the pedals were nicer to use

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Danyutzz

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Danyutzz
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Apparently, it's not. Last night I started having braking pressure issues with my T150 and standard pedals. Pressing the pedal to max, only results ~50% on the gauge. Restarted PS4 and plugged the pedals again, it only works for a few braking times. 

I thought it's HW problem, but it seems the in-game calibration is the culprit - as testing it on PC works everytime.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bgbuckfan1

52%
02 Rank
Progress
bgbuckfan1
Accepted Solution

Just put a load cell mod on my T3PA Pro pedals and I gotta tell ya, if GT Sport doesn't add pedal calibration my legs are going to be like Hellboy's arms. Not having pedal calibration is like playing baseball without cleats. What a major ball drop.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tackleberry68

74%
03 Rank
Progress
tackleberry68
Accepted Solution

Today I noticed the Clutch Pedal has ceased to function !

In other word it has been made redundant by the game.
While manual shifting with the H Pattern Shifter works fine, there is no clutch function.

I will add it was fine the other day.

Tried the Mode Button to switch priorities and the Pedal itself is working (like wise the clutch still didn't function on the throttle pedal).

Anyones else got this ?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel