FOEHAMMERuk

84%
03 Rank
Progress

How GT Sport encourages me NOT to play

43 Replies 1,574 Views Created 2 weeks ago
09 Nov 2017
By FOEHAMMERuk

The SR system, it's obviously faulty. But it's also seriously encouraging me not to play.

Earlier today I fancied a couple of races, just before entering I seriously considered not playing as if I get hit my SR will drop and I'll be screwed for the nation' cup later.

But I thought no, I can't not play, surely the game can't be geared towards a player not playing!?!

Sure enough, first lap of first race and I come over a hill to find a ghosted car near  stopped in the track ahead, which then unghosts right in front of me, doing half my speed on a straight, I slam into the back of him, the guy behind into me. I get a 10 second penalty and SR dropped once both have finished battering me the duration of the race as what I can only presume as 'payback'

So I'm dropped back to the dreaded C SR rating.

Fast forward to tonight, I join the frankly stupid i30 nation's race and it's open bumper car season. I end up quitting as it was simply too much to bare, my SR going down even further despite me trying to avoid all the idiots.

I wish I'd never played earlier in the day. 

I've ever experienced a game that encourages you not to play before. It's quite unique. 

LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

el-ve

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
el-ve
DockerBigAl
Accepted Solution

Not sure it’s actual law... (here anyway) one driver will be liable which is usually the driver behind.

Unless the driver in front causes the collision on purpose 🤔

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Molljnar

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Molljnar
Accepted Solution

So today’s manufactures event. My how that encouraged me. Qualifying looked promising and then this guy slammed his brakes so had to take violent evasive manouver which cost me 4 seconds. Then a first for me during a race. At the start and just as the countdown released the drivers, this same guy swept into two other cars causing a pile up that caught about 8 of us. The cause of this. Oh he sped off. From what I saw I suspect he did all of this on purpose. Win at any cost. What a laugh!

Then in the next lap I got side swiped on an apex and barged into the gravel. At this point my slow down penalty-induced Tourette’s syndrome got the better of me. Still I persevered and managed to increase my SR but what a painful experience.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
Molljnar
Accepted Solution

That sucks.

I have a hard time with the qualifying session. It seems almost impossible to get a clear lap. People going off left and right and rejoining without checking the map for traffic etc. And then there's the people blocking passing attempts during qualifying, seems rather detrimental to the cause. I keep hoping it gets better.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Molljnar

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Molljnar
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

Totally agree. I’ve noticed lately that most races seem to have one guy who blocks the track so you can’t overtake, well not without risk of hitting them at any rate. I live in hope that PD will tweak their detection to penalise drivers who weave all over the track or ram or barge or drive the wrong way. If nothing else I’m an optimist 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

/rant

I'm terribly annoyed that the traction control isn't a traction control, and the ABS isn't working either. I mean, how hard can it be to program a working 8-10-12 setting traction control that actually works like a traction control you find on a real race car. Or ABS for that matter, I simply don't understand how this could possibly be an issue in a driving simulator.

I'm terribly annoyed with the lack of a racing engineer or possiblity to adjust the car yourself. I love the Lamborghini to bits, but the base setup is way to hard and unforgiving for bumpy track. The slightest misstep and it's gone, like the snap of your fingers. Not to mention the differential, it's way too heavy and tight to be really fast. It simply doesn't feel like a Lambo should.

The tracks. I'm a one-track pony, there really only is one track I keep coming back to again and again. The Nürburgring 24h track. But it does not look like the Nordschleife when driving, it's a strange facsimile. It's like those Chinese copycars where they look like someone described a Mini over the phone to someone rather than sending an actual picture. I have watched hundreds of onboard laps not to mention a lot of VLN races, and the track in GT Sport is not close enough to earn the title.

Along the same line, while the cones are fun and all, I miss the standard distance boards used in motor racing. I might just be oldfashioned, but those 3-4 white markers along the side of the track makes it a lot easier to judge the braking points.

/rant over

I do apologize, I just had to vent.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PuffyMcgee

65%
02 Rank
Progress
PuffyMcgee
Accepted Solution

Im a middle of the pack racer, with D S ranking at the moment.   Most of my offs are my mistake, but occasionally i get bumped and penalised.  I doubt its intentional, its just simulation racing.     Its something to live with to make me want to be better and be ahead of those guys, to make that sort of thing a non issue.

I do agree that its too easy to maintain a high SR rating.  It took me maybe 12-15 races to get that sportsmanship rating.  And i havent had any kind of issue maintaining it.

Feel free to add me on psn.  PuffyMcgee

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

"How GT Sport encourages me NOT to play"?

Right here, right now - One Make races.

I know there is more in the game besides Sport Mode. 

And I know it's a personal preference, but I'm not a huge fan of these events.

Particularly if the selected car is not high on my list of cars I like to drive.

PD seems to be hitting a pattern of 2 of the 3 Sport Mode events being One Make.

This leaves me with 1 race per hour in Gr. 3.

Perhaps they could back off from the One Make races a bit until there are more Sport Mode races available.

At the moment 2 of the 3 events are "you will drive this car, on this track, with these settings" like it or lump it.

More options please PD.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
97%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

One make races are the only way to make fair (as in equal car) races, to make it a "driver" race. BoP helps with mixed car races, but it still leaves performance differences.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RobGripes

26%
02 Rank
Progress
RobGripes
Accepted Solution

Fully agree. The SR algorithm is deeply flawed.

Too many races have had several incidences of other players not knowing their braking points, turning into my car before their high speed takes them off, but the SR system think that my bump has sent them off the track. I am trying so incredibly hard to drive cleanly but regardless I inevitably get 3+ 10 second slowdown penalties and drop 2-3 SR ratings from B-D, or the worst yet, B-E!

It is infuriating to the point that I don't want to play. This SR rating system needs to be fixed.

They need more monitors as well to find the players who are blocking, or bumping players off the track deliberately once their own races are screwed up. I want to turn off GT sport, play another game for a few months and then come back later hoping that this is fixed, but I'm not holding out any hope.

If this was a gran turismo I could at least play the campaign but no, I've already completed the 90%+ of the campaign and there's literally nothing fun left to do in GT sport.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Yay, back to just one One Make event today.  

Thanks PD.  

Now, if we could only get some tuning(settings) options.  

But jokes aside, it is needed for some events.

Getting a FF Gr.4 car to last the distance in a tyre wear event is next to impossible.

Well, not impossible, but they certainly have a tougher time of it than other drive-trains.

Having to steer, brake, and accelerate kills the front tyres and it's very difficult to remain competitive at the end of a race.

How about just giving me access to adjust the Differential PD?

That would do.

It isn't that much different to a TC setting anyway.

Pretty please.  

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NOZonline

97%
08 Rank
Progress
NOZonline
Accepted Solution

You could do like I did in my last race, now I was willing to be clean as always but the dude in 3rd kept raming me whilst I was battling with 1st and he then decided I was not getting past so I put him into a wall and continued a clean battle with 1st until last lap were he decided I’m not getting past, I went for a clean pass however for his actions I put him into the wall also!

No one ruins my race muhha ha ha😈 karma or Carma me thinks!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Well, that was it then. Just participated in my last FIA race (Manufacturers at Brands Hatch). Qualified 3rd, got to P1 in the first corner, and subsequently got hit from behind in braking zones FIVE times before the end of the first lap (and btw I do not brake early). Decided to quit. No more FIA races for me, thank you. I'll stick to the Daily Races and Arcade/Campaign Mode until all the bumper-car-"drivers" have moved on.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Funny, I had the same kind of thoughts after todays race. Qualified 2nd, and got absolutely hammered from the first corner and on. Ended up in 10th after having been pushed off the track a couple of times. It's just not worth it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

The Sportsmanship Rating system is actually really flawed both ways. My SR had gone down from A to E (the lowest rating) after having been pushed around and having quit in a few FIA demolition derbies wrongly labelled as "races". So I decided to test the system by entering one of tonight's "FIA" races (despite previous promises), making sure I qualified last, and then cruising around at the back for ten laps, staying well clear of the other cars, and going just fast enough not to get in the way of the leaders. After this one race, my SR was upgraded from E to B, and I even got a 150 pct bonus on credits for a "clean race". Ridiculous really.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fitzsteve

76%
02 Rank
Progress
fitzsteve
Accepted Solution

I've given up myself after a terrible race on Green Hell yesterday (daily race) I have dropped to SR C and really can't be bothered to try and get it up again, I was trying to follow the crocodile but everyone behind was just forcing their way through and going off/coming back on smashing into me, even if I let them through the same thing would repeat when they missed the next corner, all I could see was SR down over and over again each time I was hit by a missile.  This is not racing the system does not work, the only way to improve SR is to stay and the back and avoid everyone or get pole and lead to the win.  if you're in the pack it's good bye SR rating, even if you are taking the correct line and someone forces their way through you get <SR, this can't be right?  And < SR for getting rear ended when the car behind does not know when to break?  How can this be <SR?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NOZonline

97%
08 Rank
Progress
NOZonline
Accepted Solution

It was said the more you race, the better the system will matchmake and I see the one makes as a good way for them to get more accurate data that represents people’s true speed!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Sony/PD must be worried about the number of users already giving up on the game, as they are now offering it in the PS Store Black Friday deals with a 50 pct discount (just four weeks after release !!). I am afraid this will only encourage more bumper-car-drivers to join in the "fun".

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Molljnar

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Molljnar
Accepted Solution

That’s my worry. You see it in every online game that is discounted. My last race was very frustrating. I got hit in the rear as usual at the first bend and then again a lap later. Then two laps from the end I was catching the car in front who lost it and spun out. I could not do anything but collect him. Penalty ensued. I’m by no means perfect and we can all make the odd mistake but this is killing the enjoyment. End of race and my S rating has gone down to A. I’ve not really felt like playing sport since and am just concentrating on the offline stuff for the time being to at least make me a better driver. Once I can do that I’ll probably just join lobbies but that kind of means Sport mode has failed if we all do that.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Molljnar
Accepted Solution

That sounds about right really.

I'm currently D A Rated and have not taken to Sport Mode for days.  Not touched a single Oval Track as that's gonna be pure carnage.    I'm now testing cars in Private Lobbies set to Friends Only.  Working on a Tune.

More Bumper Car people.  WoooHoo!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

I don't think GT Sport being on sale as part of the Black Friday deals, is any indication that everyone is giving up on the game. I mean, there's lot's of games in that sale that only came out last week or within the last month. I doubt everyone has traded in those either. 

0 Kudos

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
97%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Whiners are going to whine anyway. It's not a perfect world that has everything going our way.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel