Deimoxx

66%
02 Rank
Progress

How to change region

6 Replies 360 Views Created 10-10-2017
10 Oct 2017
By Deimoxx

I have a US account but have moved to Australia. When I play the Beta I am grouped with all American players. I can not find anywhere to change the region in the game?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
99%
11 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

The region of the account can't be changed. And I haven't looked into GT enough yet to know if you can change which servers you are on, but if you're in AU and playing on US servers then I guess it would work off the region of the account.

Make an AU account and you should be on the AU servers then (at least EU servers as we're part of PS EU)

0 Kudos

How to change region

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Deimoxx

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Deimoxx
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the reply. It definitely works from the region of the account. I play all my games on this account so don’t really want a new one just for one game. Hoping GT gets an option to change it otherwise I will have to pass on the game which is sad. 

0 Kudos

How to change region

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kenichi-Shinoda

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Kenichi-Shinoda
Accepted Solution

I also have the same problem.

UK account but i live in Japan. Stuck in lobbies with people 10,000 km away.

Surely it makes more sense to select region by IP location?!

0 Kudos

How to change region

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CLS_Zellophan

22%
02 Rank
Progress
CLS_Zellophan
Accepted Solution

YES! Please add an option for changing the region!

Moved to europe, and don't wanna loose all my trophies and race the online sport races not at 4 am!

0 Kudos

How to change region

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JavaDuke

95%
02 Rank
Progress
JavaDuke
Accepted Solution

Regions are associated to PSN account and that will not change in a foreseen future (I am inclined to say that we never will be allowed to change that; and this makes perfect sense) .

If want another region need to create a new PSN account in the region you want. Also note that if you have PS Plus account (with is need for online play) you don't need to pay another subscription as long you have your PS4 activated as primary (See http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/activation.html) with the account where you have an active PS Plus Subscription.

You are matched with players in your region in Sport Mode ; and you cant change that; this is event more relevant in the FIA Championships Nations Cup and on times where event happens. Imagine people changing regions as they please!

You can only change server regions in lobbies (See GT Sport Manual - "The Room Select Screen" http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/lobby/content01)

So in summary, in Sport Mode if you want to be matched with player in some region or compete in FIA Events for it; do create an account in that region.

0 Kudos

How to change region

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
97%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

A friend that lives in Indonesia uses a North American account to race with us and another account to match with his Australian friends.

Just work with the system and you can race with whoever you want.

0 Kudos

How to change region

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel