N0D0Z2008

69%
02 Rank
Progress

Just lost entire garage!!!!!

30 Replies 1,526 Views Created 31-01-2018
31 Jan 2018
By N0D0Z2008

Logged in this AM to grab a quick race before work. You know, to relax. Logged in and noticed that all arcade tracks were blacked out and then an error popped up on screen. Hard crash. Has happened before, so just load it back up......and ALL OF MY CARS (except the DLC) are gone. Garage is empty. Thanks Polyphony! Since it is an auto save, and auto upload (on login) there is no recovery. It overwrote my cloud save. 

So now a game I have played since launch. That I have spent time accumulating cars and tuning them. Gone. 

I think I am now done with this game. Let's hope that someone at Polyphony figures out that programming a game to SAVE automatically on login after a hard crash can lead to this error.  I am seeing red and now need to go to work. 

Nothing like RELAXING and enjoying a good game. Online only games SUCK!!!!!!!!

LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

N0D0Z2008

69%
02 Rank
Progress
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

I tried the manual recovery process and nothing. To add insult to injury all of my achievements from the progression in the game remain in place. Meaning I can not replay those sections of the game. Double penalty due to shoddy management of garage by Polyphony. Sorry but I expect better from an online only game. There should be a backup or a way to re-download all purchased and acquired vehicles. Instead I get nothing. Thanks for that. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

98%
04 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

From what I read in earlier posts concerning this problem, I think there is a way to at least be able to replay all sections of the game and win the prize cars again. If you delete your local gamesave files (which obviously are no longer of any real use), and then start GT Sport, you will be prompted to choose whether or not to use the existing online save data. If you choose not to, you will start a completely new game. It's worth trying, unless someone else can offer a better "solution".

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

N0D0Z2008

69%
02 Rank
Progress
N0D0Z2008
Malipiero1
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the suggestion. Quick question is what happens to my progression and the money and mileage I have accumulated? I have 1.7m that is thankfully still sitting in account. I do not want to lose that. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Malipiero1

98%
04 Rank
Progress
Malipiero1
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

Choosing not to use the existing online save data, and starting a new game will totally reset your progression to zero: you will lose all the money, all the mileage, and all the achievements you have accumulated (basically, it would be like never having played the game before). You will have to decide if being able to win all the prize cars again is worth losing all that.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

julessteve

46%
02 Rank
Progress
julessteve
Accepted Solution

I have had exactly the same problem. I got the collector edition because i have being playing since gt1, and i have being collecting and upgrading just about every car since launch. I have worked so goddamn hard and spent hours to days grinding for new uodates and getting my collection complete. I had about 90-120 cars and now they are all gone. Except my dlc cars. And even some dlc cars arent here anymore. Please contact me because i do not want to go through the pain of hours and hours of gameplay to get it all back.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo944

98%
03 Rank
Progress
diablo944
julessteve
Accepted Solution

Not sure who you are expecting to replay to your 'please contact me' plea. But if its pd you are definitely not going to get a replay from them here

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo944

98%
03 Rank
Progress
diablo944
Accepted Solution

Stupid auto correct. Reply. Not replay

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

N0D0Z2008

69%
02 Rank
Progress
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

Clearly this is not an isolated issue and is a bug. Man what a bug it is. Literally wiping out hours, days, even weeks of progress and grinding. The worst part is that I don't see any resolution to this. The one common scenario here is that it appears all that are impacted are the ones who have the Collector's/special edition. This is absolutely a slap to the face of those that are supporting Polyphony only to be rewarded with complete deletion of our garage. To add insult to injury we cannot re-enter the DLC codes for the $ or cars, and cannot obtain any of the gifted cars again. I now have no faith whatsoever that Polyphony won't wipe out my garage again with some random bug. 

I spent much time customizing cars in the livery, spent time with the photo mode, racing gaining mileage to upgrade the cars.....daily cars since the launch ALL GONE. Well at least I can look at my photos of the cars I once owned before Polyphony crapped the bed with the last patch. 

It shows more than anything that they do not know how to handle online only games. Sadly I don't know what course of action (if any) is available. 

Has anyone called Sony about this?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

85%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

Yes, they are aware of this issue.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

N0D0Z2008

69%
02 Rank
Progress
N0D0Z2008
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

MasterGT, did you experience the same issue? Was it resolved for you? I am about to give up hope, but I want to keep the last ember glowing that we may have a resolution to this issue. I don't think we will. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

85%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

No, I have only lost a few car images temporarily. I think they all returned.

You asked if anyone contacted PDI about the issue and, yes, I have, so they definitely are aware of the problem.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aut_sajder

74%
02 Rank
Progress
aut_sajder
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

happened to me too, twice. one thing i noticed, before second disappearance i had exactly 99,999 mileage points. could be coincidence which has nothing to do with garage gone empty, but maybe there's a connection..? since you can reach PD, pls pass this info. tnx.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

85%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
aut_sajder
Accepted Solution

Lots of players reach the maximum points without any loss of their garage cars.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tseck39

45%
02 Rank
Progress
tseck39
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

I have the same issue but like you everything else is intact, just missing all cars except DLC cars.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

N0D0Z2008

69%
02 Rank
Progress
N0D0Z2008
tseck39
Accepted Solution

Sorry to hear about this. I know first hand how gut wrenching it is. I have not even put this disc back in the tray again. I think I am done with it. There does not appear to be any recourse, and it appears to be a bug. Polyphony?? How in the world would a bug that deletes your entire collection slip through? Honestly I can understand that bugs occur, but what this also highlights is the flawed engineering of the game. Why can't I go back to all of my achievements and re-download all the cars I won? Why isn't there a master list of all cars earned, owned, etc? It clearly shows that Polyphony do NOT know how to manage an online title. 

Between this issue, and the inevitable server shutdown that will come, this game has lost it's luster. Sadly, as I was enjoying it. Oh well. Too many other great games out that don't delete my progress.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tseck39

45%
02 Rank
Progress
tseck39
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

I tried posting some comments else where about the issue.  I will let you know if I get any response.  I'm a little reluctant to play the game just to lose everything again.  It's to bad cause I really like it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

julessteve

46%
02 Rank
Progress
julessteve
Accepted Solution

I have to correct. I have being helped and they said that i would get my cars back in about a week. So im curious to see how that goes!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

N0D0Z2008

69%
02 Rank
Progress
N0D0Z2008
julessteve
Accepted Solution

Any update julessteve? Who did you work with here? Did you call Sony?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

julessteve

46%
02 Rank
Progress
julessteve
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

I contacted Ask Playstation on twitter and they helped me with a live chat. Still havent got the cars but its not a week later so ill wait

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

N0D0Z2008

69%
02 Rank
Progress
N0D0Z2008
Accepted Solution

Julessteve, Who did you call? Why will it take 1 week? 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel