50%
02 Rank
Progress

Penalties for being hit GT sport

84 Replies 3,810 Views Created 12-11-2017
12 Nov 2017
By pin727kos

OK guys it’s time to fix this *****.

It’s very frustrating you’re giving your best and some stupid people hitting on purpose from behind they don’t get any penalties and you get 10 seconds and you’re  SR go down. Is not any point play with those stupid rules  if you don’t fix this ***** up you need to give my money back.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JavaDuke

97%
03 Rank
Progress
JavaDuke
Accepted Solution

That is not precise. There are various factors that are taken in account for that and we are not always penalised in SR or Slow Down.  We can find various videos on net with various different situations.

Current implementation is not perfect and there are issues to address and things to improve for sure.

Also when analysing this type of issues we should try to be fair when analysing it ; different perspectives for same situation can give different opinions.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

heggs46

53%
02 Rank
Progress
heggs46
Accepted Solution

The penalties are all wrong at this moment. I've had enough of getting my ratings up in the nations cup and manufacturers cup(clearly where the real racers are and can only race once day) to join a daily race a bit in the side, rear, people losing control and I unfortunately hit them, for people to ghosts then suddenly go solid right in front of me. These things need sorting asap. It's the ONLY  thing bad about this game. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

90%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
heggs46
Accepted Solution

Why head and drive through a Ghost, you would not do the same if it was a solid car, you'd drive around it.  

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wolfsatz

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Wolfsatz
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Totally agree! 

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

heggs46

53%
02 Rank
Progress
heggs46
Accepted Solution

I agree but not every track allows that situation. Am i supposed to put myself off track just to avoid someone that's lost control and gone ghost? Doesn't seem like a fair penalty to me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wolfsatz

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Wolfsatz
heggs46
Accepted Solution

Our league does not uses the Ghost feature. So just like in real racing; you can be involve in another driver fault. That is how it goes.  

If you are playing the game.. go ahead drive through ghosts.   If you want a full sim environment, then you also need to race like you would be racing your own car that costs money to fix. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

90%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
heggs46
Accepted Solution

This is a racing game and it's open to a lot of players of differing abilities...  It's a mix of bad and good drivers matched over a few Sportsmanship ratings.  

There is a huge range of skills with racing hard and fast..  Not everyone will brake for corners at the same distance markers...   the wise thing is to cover your brakes if you are following someone.

The inexperienced will have difficulties with judging braking and slam into the back of you... it's not fair, but you've just got to get on with it.

Yes, if someone is loosing control, you would not drive into them, you would take the appropriate action to miss them...  

How do you want to play the game??

Do you wish to play with driving etiquette??

or be one of the gamers playing the game just because they can.

Don't forget, this is a Console game open to millions of users, including small children with no common sense whatsoever..   they just want fun and treat it like a NFS game.

Penalties are not fair, it is what it is until its tweaked and improved.

Why not join a Community of safe and clean drivers??

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

95%
03 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I'm not saying your idea isn't good, I'm just wondering what makes lobby driving "better" than the official races?

I guess what I'm asking is, how to find that community of clean and safe drivers in what appears to be a sea of (mainly french) destruction derby kings?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

heggs46

53%
02 Rank
Progress
heggs46
Accepted Solution

I agree, I like the daily race set up. It gives the potential of loads of fun. I've found that the majority of Spanish and Italian racers are fair. Especially is the higher rating races but the French are beyond ridiculous no matter how high your ratings are. PD should give the French their own server and let them smash themselves to their hearts content, giving the rest of a chance to have great races. 

Re: Penalties for being hit GT sport

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

90%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

In my case... I've met players back in GT5/6 and through those drivers, you can add even more..

I've always done my testing in an open Lobby and randoms come and go....   met some good drivers this way as well.  Once you have a good quality list of contacts...  you could go towards Friends Only Lobbies.

Yes... GT Mode is opening up the talent out there....  but too many people are having bad experiences...   Personally, I don't let it get to me too much.... end of the day, it's a game.

I had all these issues with the Demo version...  the full game has not been so bad.

Mainly the Spanish and French drivers that have been the worse offenders.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lifter181

83%
02 Rank
Progress
Lifter181
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

So, its been a while, tweaked and not improved. Its a game people pay money for... but cannot relax or enjoy. Its useless as a game with any realism if you can drive great laps but be slammed from the track.   I hear a lot of complaints about Brazilian drivers, but the real problem is the un-written rules and their random enforcement.  Why are clean laps being penalized and people ramming for fun don't get penalized?  We need people who intentionally ram others (when they themselves have a decent rating) to be severly demoted and removed from the race to keep from altering every one elses game.  On a real track a driver doing this would be black flagged and further fined....and then banned - sent to race local tracks where he is subject to bad and retaliatory drivers wrecking his personally funded race car.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rudhelm

61%
02 Rank
Progress
Rudhelm
Accepted Solution

Unless cars not looking in the absolute wrong direction i threat ghosts as real cars, which means i'd lift the throttle if there is no way around it.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mick_rogers

44%
02 Rank
Progress
mick_rogers
Accepted Solution

they need to fix this.  Its total BS, if you brake safely and accurately to avoid a pile up in front of you, and some "____" crushes thru everyone from behind (normally a brazalian hahaha), there's no way the penalty is mine.  GTS has a huge write up online about how they collaborated with FIA and the "its always your job to race every situation safely" mantra is GREAT for REAL LIFE, but not so much for fake world.  The race at Mt Panorama two days ago shows the flaws in the whole system, as from what I saw, there would have been multiple deaths in real life from people not braking at all coming into a downhill chichane.  Its fine, if that's the style of the game, no problem..... but GTS can't govern a fake world like its a real life situation, cause these overly aggressive fake drivers would surely be in the hospital in real life.  Real disappointment here GTS

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EMGonzo

68%
02 Rank
Progress
EMGonzo
Accepted Solution

It's just the differing types of players in the console market.  It will get better with the tweaking of the DR/SR system.  Arcade racers and Simulation racers in the same race is a recipe for frustration and anger (mainly on the simulation racer side).

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Michaeltje-NL

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Michaeltje-NL
Accepted Solution

I agree with that lost rank from c to e just because they hit me and go offtrack with the stupid karts just in season3 today

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

barrylegg

85%
02 Rank
Progress
barrylegg
Accepted Solution

The penalty system has basically put me off this game entirely.

I try as hard as I can to race clean - but I get smashed into from behind, forced off the track and then take a 10 second penalty. After this happens three times in the same race; I give up and then my SR takes another hit because I quit the game early. 

It doesn't work. It penalises good drivers even more than it penalises bad drivers. It's so frustrating I think it's actually making me hate this game.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

clansman_1

77%
02 Rank
Progress
clansman_1
barrylegg
Accepted Solution

I agree, it definitely penilises racers who drive clean. The ones that drive like it's a destruction derby get away without penalties!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fitzsteve

76%
02 Rank
Progress
fitzsteve
Accepted Solution

It's a joke I was passing on the straight (got better exit) and the guy pushed me off the track and I got 10sec penalty and <SR, how is this fair?  

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

barrylegg

85%
02 Rank
Progress
barrylegg
fitzsteve
Accepted Solution

Yup the exact same thing kept happening to me. Happened maybe 3 times in the same race, it just became impossible to pass anyone without someone ramming me, so I quit - and was rewarded with yet more negative SR.

It doesn't work, at all.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

clansman_1

77%
02 Rank
Progress
clansman_1
fitzsteve
Accepted Solution

It's not fair, unfortunately this seems to be a regular occurrence. Which is ashame as when you get clean drivers the races are great.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel