New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.
- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.
- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.
- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.
- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;
- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;
- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;
- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);
- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.
We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.
The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)
The current penalty judgments take into account the following:
- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.
Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.
The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:
- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.
Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.
It would be fantastic if you can make visible to everyone during the race, maybe close to the current position, or under the name of the player over the car, ifvthe player has a penalty to serve and how much is the time to serve.
Indeed. It would also be nice to have the DR ranking next to the name, whether the car behind you is DR.B(ump) or DR.A(void). At least as long as the penalties are different for different DR classes.@Jianka1
Hello polyphony digital, I have Been playing Gran Turismo since PlayStation one days I was also a beta tester for GT sport but I am here now writing to you because We need a fix in GT sport mode penalty system, If that’s turned into a ridiculous and pointless racing game I have started a thread on the Gtr plan form I hope you read every single comment that people have posted there and do us a fix or else it’s the first time I will put down Gran Turismo sport
Website ©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info