New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.
- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.
- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.
- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.
- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;
- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;
- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;
- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);
- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.
We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.
The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)
The current penalty judgments take into account the following:
- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.
Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.
The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:
- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.
Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.
I thought with all the complaints here, in other threads and many other forums PD would respond with something, even if it was noting the widespread dismay at the quality of game we have and that they were working on solutions.
I hoped they might share what they were working on but the lack of response from them and Sony highlights that there is no interest in fixing things.
i wonder what game the press reviewed as it certainly is not the game we bought
The game is very good i enjoy it very very much good work!!!
If you do then fantastic, everyone will be really happy for you but I think you will be in the minority. Happy racing..@ktmakos
I’ve just gone from DB to DE for being thrown out of the game... server error apparently. Quality, that’s totally fair isn’t it
Someone tell me.... please.... how can it be that at the first corner into the tight s bend I ... I get pushed off the track and pick up a 5 second penalty ... please someone, anyone tell me how that is fair. Polyphony tell me what am I supposed to do. Please stop calling me a dirty driver when I can’t influence the game or the penalty.
Oh by the way PD... every time you do make the game, better and you fix the faults - I will be the first to congratulate you.
I don't know what PD have done but Sport Mode is now becoming unbearable. Was racing at Interlagos, going into the Senna S and the guy in front lost control, ran wide in the second phase of the corner, I put my brakes on and we barely swapped paint - guess what, I got a 10 second penalty.
How is it possible that the Algorithm can't work out that one out? It seems to be very hit and miss but more often than not miss! The Algorithm needs to be able to determine whether collision has occurred deliberately or unintentionally - I know this will be very difficult but the game cannot go on in its current state or there will be no one left playing it. I think if a car is forced off the road by way of collision then, yes a penalty should be incurred but if said collision causes neither driver any harm then, as you were and the aggressor should be incur a rating drop (SR Down) like the good old days. And as for collisions where the innocent party isn't forced off the road but is passed by the aggressor as a result of their over exuberant driving, then the aggressor should be made to slow-down to allow the innocent party to pass them as the position was gained incorrectly - or something along these lines...
That said, I was watching some Blancpain GT over the weekend and there was the odd occasion where the drivers would trade paint and there was no harm done but guess what, the stewards didn't then turn around and give the drivers a penalty as they understand there is going to be a coming together every now and then.
And as for the FIA races, well, let's just say I'm very surprised the FIA have even associated themselves with the game in its current state!
Seriously, which person at PD is responsible for deciding that it is Ok to give a penalty to the victim driver in every collision!!!!??? Please sack them. Penalties for both drivers is never ever going to be a good solution. Should I get my friend to race with me and hit all of my opponents, so that they get unfair penalties? Think about it. This ruins sport mode and makes it not ready for the FIA licence yet. PLEASE FIX NOW OR NOBODY WILL PLAY SPORT MODE ANYMORE. Also, why is it a 20 second penalty for cutting the last turn by 1cm by mistake at Lago Maggiore??? Ridiculous decision making. PLEASE FIX NOW.
I'm assuming you mean the first placed player who crossed the line with 'Penalty' still flashing, and there being none applied on the results page?@WeNoM_Tyresse
I had a player today “ c2r7d2cd “ ramming myself and other players from behind when in braking zones, they had penalty flashing above their car during the race but at the end of the race had no penalty time or red dot next to their name and also a blue positive SR rating. Are they using some kind of cheat code?
The profile name seemed suspect and their behaviour ruined the race, I would like to know what is going on!
I'm not sure what good it does but if i come a cross drivers that are just plain out to ***** other racers off with there crap that they think is funny i just use the in game report player option....@ctownstig
Does anyone know if this has any effect? I have reported a few idiots who seem intent on ruining the game for others, but I don't know if anything is actually done about it.@Ronin_GThayc
Did GTS have some lag or thing for penalty system? Have been rammed and shunted get hit the wall and 5 sec penalty cause of that. They get penalty tag and just carry on I though they will get penalty but not, they doesn't have red dot.
If no fix for Brakecheck in next update then I'm out. He only get penalty when he hit me on hairpin.
Website ©2018 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info