By teramoto_pd

teramoto_pd

• GT Developer

Regarding penalty judgements

395 Replies 19,669 Views Created 29-03-2018
29 Mar 2018
By teramoto_pd

Hi Everyone,

The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_4814515.html

- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.

- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.

- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;

- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);

- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.

The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)

The current penalty judgments take into account the following:

- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.

Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.

The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:

- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.

Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.

Thank you.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

samcimian

86%
02 Rank
Progress
samcimian
Technologic141
Accepted Solution

In your PS4 internet setting there are ways to reduce the connection. Guys in GTA(Gran Theft Auto) do it all the time to get solo public lobbies to sell all there items vs full lobbies where your items can get blown up by other players. These players may be using the same glitch in GT. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

89%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
samcimian
Accepted Solution

Where are these settings in the PS4 exactly? But you are right if you have a bad connection you can do what you want and you will not get penalties. I tried that. However, not on the PS4 but on my DLS modem with built-in router. There you only have to adjust the ping and the data rate and then you are safe from punishment. However, it took a few tries until I had optimized the settings. I then reversed that because I want to drive fair and clean. But if it's so easy to do it on the PS4, then you do not have to wonder if that makes more and more unfair players.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

samcimian

86%
02 Rank
Progress
samcimian
bkog234
Accepted Solution

You can search on youtube to find out how exactly. But when you're setting up your wireless wifi  connection you normally use the auto feature vs manually setting it up. When you opt to manually set up its in these manual settings you can reduce the wifi connection by entering a series of numbers in the proper area. Once you do it a couple of times is easy to switch back and forth. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

samcimian

86%
02 Rank
Progress
samcimian
Accepted Solution

Let's hope the update makes for better racing. Today there was some fairly close good racing and everyone was racing fairly but we just couldn't race that close without some slight rubbing or contact. It could have been epic but penalties took all the fun out of it. I don't want to just run laps around a track not near anyone or hoping not to get penalties, I want to RACE. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mrddevil

88%
02 Rank
Progress
mrddevil
samcimian
Accepted Solution

no update yet. 

just do the fia race and in the last corner someone pass me and go of track and i pass him and get 10 sec penalty

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

89%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
mrddevil
Accepted Solution

So the old trick is still working. It is still enough to drive off-road for a while to give the other a penalty. I do not understand why this old rule that is so often intentionally abused is still active.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

codec_49

91%
02 Rank
Progress
codec_49
Accepted Solution

Earlier today, I had written a somewhat longer post in this forum about how I went from SR "B" to "C" in a single race, thanks to a driver who very obviously attacked me with full intent, and did so several times. Not sure what that driver's problem was, but it was a "great" example for how broken the penalty system is.

Interestingly, I can't find that post anymore, and I wonder whether Sony "redacted" it, as it included a very mild expletive. Can't see it in my profile, either, and neither did I receive any notification that said post was taken offline.

Man, I'm really getting to the point where I've had enough of Sony, Polyphony, and GT Sport. This is a fricking computer game. We should expect to be entertained by it, not infuriated and annoyed. :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
codec_49
Accepted Solution

Sony don’t like swearing so delete it when the security scans happen, like most things Sony security is generally crap, they can’t even do logins to the forum without messing that up

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

89%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Yesterday it happened again. This time in Race B at the Nuerburgring GT. I qualified in seventh place and the others rammed me in the first round on the side. In the last chicane one is even completely straight. When he returned to the track, he drove me off the track. There were 5 seconds for me and no penalty for him. He cuts off massively and then rams me and I get the punishment? What kind of idiotic penalty is that? Then a total of 4 Meganes Tropy are successively past me. Everyone rammed me and pushed me off the track. I always got 2 seconds for it. Then I had 15 seconds and the time began to count. I did it slowly and became the last one. After the race I saw that I got 28 points SR reduction. 28 points for nothing !!! I have not rammed anyone, I'm not straight through the chicane Why ??? Today I drove too. The new rules are actually better. I have not received any unjustified punishment although this time again other drivers rammed me. But I have the impression that ramming has become worse because the other drivers are less afraid of penalties. I have to keep watching the next few days.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

So I’ve played 4 daily races in a row - the gr4 Alsace village - can’t see any evidence of a change to the penalty system except light contacts bringing 10 seconds each hit, twice in hit by people turning into me and I get 10 seconds apiece.

this is Bu**s**t from Polyphony

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fighterfontana9

54%
02 Rank
Progress
fighterfontana9
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Same thing happened to me. Has the update even occurred?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

89%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Today I got again unjustified punishments. It is still the same. Either I'm rammed from behind of my line and then overtaken inside or drive straight through the grass and ram me sideways. For this I have each received penalties while the rammer were not punished. Yes, small touches are no longer necessarily a punishment but that does not change the other problems. I have the impression it is now much more aggressively driven in SR S because less penalties threaten. It is much more rammed and zigzag driven. And I have not experienced so far in SR S three braking tests in one race. Luckily I was not directly affected.Some riders have raced very aggressively, ramming others several times and still finished the race with a blue S.
PD has just reduced the penalties slightly, but that only makes most drivers more unfair than before. The real problem that they still can not recognize who is now to blame for an accident they have not solved. But that's exactly what has to be solved so that all the trouble with the penalties and the destroyed race stops.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marv78UK

74%
05 Rank
Progress
Marv78UK
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Yeah I noticed this the other day. Blue Moon Speedway on the final corner where you can kind of take it flat out but the car still pulls towards the outer wall on the right, someone came out of nowhere and started to overtake me on the outside. I slightly grazed them and they in turn grazed the wall but didn't lose much speed and still managed to overtake me. I still got a whopping 10 second penalty though and de-ranked from S to a B!!! Seriously?! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jullesSK

82%
02 Rank
Progress
jullesSK
Marv78UK
Accepted Solution

Fun Fact after I dropped down from S to B  in single  Bathurst race Day C recently.. I tried to go the next race  for clean star race so I started from last P20 , classic right. However, after catching 5 second penalty in 3rd corner I just got a brilliant  idea just before I´ll log out: turn around and go up the hill against the whole grid going full speed :D It was fun until  it costs me 15k DR and all SR drop to 1 xD  yes, one.  Just don´t do this at home  guys.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marv78UK

74%
05 Rank
Progress
Marv78UK
jullesSK
Accepted Solution

All that happened for driving backwards really?? Haha

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fighterfontana9

54%
02 Rank
Progress
fighterfontana9
Accepted Solution

Is there any error with this update? It has not occurred on my PS4 yet.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Technologic141

81%
02 Rank
Progress
Technologic141
fighterfontana9
Accepted Solution

It is server side fix. Nothing is downloaded to your PS4. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marv78UK

74%
05 Rank
Progress
Marv78UK
Technologic141
Accepted Solution

Yeah, I was guessing the same. Still one step forward and two steps back though it seems... lol

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Technologic141

81%
02 Rank
Progress
Technologic141
Marv78UK
Accepted Solution

New update seems be very good step. For example if you hit slower car genty on exit it is no longer 10sec penalty. Sadly ramming penalty still persist.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

NOZonline

• Beta Tester
99%
08 Rank
Progress
NOZonline
Accepted Solution

Tonight I had a return to sport mode after a 3 month brake from it and I have to say the penalty’s were spot on in all five races I took part in...

bonus was my first race back and I get a sportsmanship rank up...

Nice🤑

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

NOZonline

• Beta Tester
99%
08 Rank