FSG_Gerry

57%
02 Rank
Progress

SR, DR and penalties get worse?

15 Replies 1,091 Views Created 26-01-2018
26 Jan 2018
By FSG_Gerry

Ok. I know I'm just one voice of many. But I think the rating system just got worse. I got a passing penalty on a yellow flag because one car was off the track. And another spinning out still sideways. But still on the track. Also it still has the other crap things in there. Like a 10 sec penalty because I was rammed from behind in to another racer. It's all become a trap of damned if you do damned if you dont.  I used to be DR A and SR S. A couple Bad race comes along pinged around like a pin ball in the high speed ring from a mixture of early breaking ahead and late backing behind. You got no chance in that situation.  Of which a lot of rule abiding drivers get caught in. So what options are left available to such drivers?. I'll tell you. Lag behind the rest of the pack...which slows your lap times which in turn lowers your DR. And because of to chaotic races I'm now down to SR B and DR C. Trapped with very bad sports people that like to swerve in front of you on a straight because they screwed up. And nudgers who intentionally nudge just as you enter a corner, so that you over shoot and leave the track. Both cost SR. While the offender just gets half of that. I don't have an idea for a fix. How ever. I think no clipping with other cars should be implemented until the system gets better or that new better system is devised. I love the game. Especially in rooms with fair minded racers. I accept accidents happen. You can tell the difference. I'm guilty of a few myself. Like not realising a driver on my inside on a turn. Though i learned to pay attention after a couple of incidents. But that's just it, i cared to learn and adapt. 

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pocketpotter81

53%
02 Rank
Progress
pocketpotter81
Accepted Solution

I'm surprised to find this but I totally agree with everything apart from 1 thing but I'll get to that soon 😉 

As for penalty the worst now is def yellow flag car off track or almost a d receiving seconds for doing nothing yet avoiding an accident if it comes down to it! Still getting penalty for going off track even though you've lost places and loads of time.......here have another 5 seconds lol

Then as you said the rammers n side snipers who always seem to get away with it..  

I've always said from the start that it feels they just need to hit the reverse switch! 

That 1 more thing ........ 

Not noticing people on your inside, don't you use radar and the red markers on your hud as that's why they are there and I swear so many people don't use them then think it's the guy on inside fault when in actual fact the turned in on him because he wasn't aware.....not having a dig but it annoys me again when others don't use stuff like that to have a better race. 

Rant over! Good bye 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FSG_Gerry

57%
02 Rank
Progress
FSG_Gerry
pocketpotter81
Accepted Solution

On the inside track. I agree. Like I said. I learned to take notice instead of that racing tunnel vision. However.....sometimes that guy on the inside is going too fast. Yeah he hits the inside of the apex first. But there is no ways he's staying on the track on the exit and he/she knows this. And knowingly uses your car as a brake. Like I said there are accidents. For those I bark at the tv. But no more than that. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
29%
02 Rank
Progress
marchesselber805
Accepted Solution

Very frustrating indeed

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Kaz made a speech at a recent gaming convention....    Not entirely sure how it will pan out if it's introduced.

He was mentioning something to do with racing against similar Age Groups that run from your PSN credentials.

So, kiddies can play with other kiddies and other ages likewise.   The trouble with this is.....   the many kiddies that have false DOB credentials, you will basically still be racing with kiddies ....    Go figure LOL

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OG_PieOverlord

74%
02 Rank
Progress
OG_PieOverlord
Accepted Solution

Just today someone spins out in front of me, I get hit, barely keep it on track and I get a 6sec penalty. Since the "new and improved" penalty system I went from AS to BC in two races. So i gave up trying to qualify 1st, don't qualify at all and always gain 4-5 positions during a race, so I'm not atleast loosing more DR when I farm my SR back. Excuse my English, hope it makes sense :-P

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Postal125

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Postal125
OG_PieOverlord
Accepted Solution

Same here. I went from B/S to B/C in one day of races at Monza.  Even trying to "hide" at the back didn't seem to work.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xxUFg8orZxx

28%
02 Rank
Progress
xxUFg8orZxx
OG_PieOverlord
Accepted Solution

I started doing the same thing about 2 days ago. Still have the idiots but you can be more patient and wait for them to mess up. Then once my SR gets higher, ill try qualifying again. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
xxUFg8orZxx
Accepted Solution

I've not played this area of the game for weeks now, just a complete waste of time...   PD don't seem to be making this any better at all.  All I'm doing really...  is creating Liveries and setting Quali times to see how close I can get to the Top 10.

Normally, get within 2-3 seconds but the difference is...  my track times keep all 4 wheels within the boundaries of the Tracks....   watched a few recorded vids to check which gears they use for corners and notice that a lot of these times are set with wheels off the track completely...   makes Time Trialling invalid or should do.     This is more of a Rant... Psml.

Penalties are a joke and PD don't seem to grasp the idea of who is to blame in incidents...   give both parties involved a Penalty.

There is a Thread created by someone linked to PD....  thought he/she was going to keep us informed of details....   well...   that was short lived...   not heard a peep for months now.

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xxUFg8orZxx

28%
02 Rank
Progress
xxUFg8orZxx
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I get it. I do a lot more qualifying than actual racing. The sad thing is that thise of us who want to compete and try to do well are hindered by those out to simply ruin our experience. Last night i ran 2 online races. I didn't qualify either one so i started dead last. As i tried to mive up, these idiots were so hell bent on not letting me pass, even though i was clearly faster. They didn't want to give up that coveted P8. Even when they make mistakes trying to "block" me, the go off track and cut completely iver the corner like they were ralky racing and clip me to not lose their place. Pathetic. I save the replays and go back to get their names and block them on psn. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
xxUFg8orZxx
Accepted Solution

That was how I was playing actually...  starting at the back with a blank Quali time.

Was aiming to get the Clean Races done,  doesn't seem to work very well LOL

Yup. People just don't like to be overtaken even tho you can set the Fastest Lap of the race...  still won't let you by.

I used to slam it down to 2nd gear and wait unti the closest car was 30 seconds down the road, then increase to racing speeds to get the Fastest Lap....   normally catching the other drivers up before the end of the race...

The Fuel depletion races were the best... using that tactic from the back of the Grid, you could finish well inside the top 10 of the race..    my best was a 3rd from starting last.  Normally ranged from 5th to 6th...  and the funny part... I'm not the quickest driver in the game.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mrddevil

88%
02 Rank
Progress
mrddevil
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

for me alot of times the same thing, guys stay blocking and then after te race i ask them why they do that, and then i get as answer "why not". 

then i say because that not racing. 

but about the penalty system, i'm getting crazy of the system.

today i started at DR B and SR B and after 3 races i was DR D and SR E. 

in one race we started and in the first corner i brake on time and didnt hit someone, but still i get a 3 sec penalty and the other races i was faster than other guys and i pass them and then they push me hard of track and i get penaltys for that. 

the only system that will work is to put damage in the game just like grid 1 and 2.

i always drive races there with full damage on.

thats perfect because they dont want to damage there car because it cost performance. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sinkwong

31%
02 Rank
Progress
sinkwong
Accepted Solution

i tried to be clean in the race. but some idiots drive  as nasty without sense and taking pass just like kids without method. and my SR keep going down becoz of those noobs. i really fed up with the GT with that stupid penalty system. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

81%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
sinkwong
Accepted Solution

As I can read here, many have the same problem. There are some idiots who are extremely aggressive and destroy others. Such idiots are unfortunately in every racing game. The task of the developers is to make these drivers behave either sensibly or switch to another game. In GT Sport, this could be done through a fair, fair punishment system. Unfortunately, the current system is the opposite of it. As we all realized, the system rewards aggressive behavior rather than punishing it. It can not be that drivers were rammed and then also get a time penalty and SR devaluation. Such a system invites unfair drivers to do so. The point is for deliberate blocking and zigzagging even on the straight. GT Sport needs a penalty system that recognizes unclean behavior and punishes it. But the current system is not capable of doing this. I'm afraid it will never be able to do that. The game is now in the market for several months, but the penalty system has only slightly improved. The big mistakes are just as they were at the beginning. The developers do not seem to tackle these problems. In a way, it makes sense because a strict system would deter many casual gamers. A rigorous system would not fit with GT because they have always been racing games for the masses.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Private Lobby with people you can make friends with is going to be the best option....    If you can get a big enough group of friends on your list, you should at least be able to race a Track with a different set of Friends.

Perhaps try to advertise your wishes before the race starts by adding something to the dialog when entering the Room.   Or send the people worthy of racing against a message after the race.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

85%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

As host, you can set the limits of the penalty system to how you want them to act, within the limits of the menu.

Setting up a PSN Community will also help you organise events and drivers.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel