Molljnar

87%
03 Rank
Progress

Suggestion to PD

13 Replies 283 Views Created 2 weeks ago
13 Nov 2017
By Molljnar

I think it’s obvious that many of us feel very frustrated when, as the innocent victim we get penalised with slow downs and down rated due the actions of others. This set my mind thinking. If this is a sim why is there no realism in the collisions. To me if you are ramming into people then you are at fault through either bad driving or malevolent intent. Why not make it that the offender making heavy contact is penalised through damage to their car. By that I mean they have slow downs and black flags. This would soon eradicate this poor behaviour and allow the SR system to work far better in my opinion. Obviously the deviants out there would be in a lather at the prospect of causing crashes by slamming on their brakes or weaving across a track in front of pursuing drivers, but surely any erratic behaviour could be detected and punished? I’ve no idea if this could work in practice but what I do know is those trying to race openly and fairly are suffering injustice. For this game to be the success it deserves, those who can’t or won’t abide by the rules need to be educated or removed for the greater good.

LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

As long as a game has these cheats, the cheaters will make use of them. 

Just take a look at times created in the Missions,,,   The same ID's have cheated to get the top ten ranks.

They don't particularly care for the Rules to begin with.

The game has to determine who is at fault...  thought that would be quite easy to accomplish with the closing speeds of the two cars involved....   it simply don't work.

People making lunges from a fair distance back and not braking or partially braking and then slowing the car by slamming into the car in front need to be penalised for sure.   Black Flagged out of the race.   Instant DNF and removed from the Track.

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

A crash model in GT? You high? 

I'm not sure about this "slamming on breaks" either? Surely 96% of pad users tend to be a bit heavy on the brakes? 

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

el-ve

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
el-ve
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

Did you just make up that 96%?

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
el-ve
Accepted Solution

Of course I did. 99 percent was way too high.

There's got to be at least four folk out of a hundred that try to experiment with easing the squeeze on the L2. 

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

el-ve

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
el-ve
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

I 98% sure you make stuff 93% of the time.

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

Don't exclude some wheel users....   will be plenty of players using a wheel guilty of cheating...

I'm feeling ashamed to see a Swiss Account User in the Top 10 boards cheating. (Not me) before anyone says something.

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
el-ve
Accepted Solution

Jeese I thought you were a friend. I'd at least gone for 83%

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Heavy breaking is hardly cheating, unless you've joined one of those scam clubs that ties a scarf to the bumper to warn the other fraudulent insurance claimers. 

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

I didn't say heavy braking...

Heavy braking is not cheating if you can slow the car down sufficiently to avoid contact.

Many of these Bumpers don't brake earlier enough or make any attempt to slow down before wiping you out.

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Twas the way you 'atted' me about not excluding wheel users regarding heavy breaking that put me on that route 

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Molljnar

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Molljnar
Accepted Solution

Apologies if I’ve not been clear when I was on about braking. The people I meant are the trolls out there who brake with the sole intention of causing a collision with those following. 

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andyparks

80%
02 Rank
Progress
andyparks
Accepted Solution

Steering wheel settings so we can adjust the wheel to out tastes like on other driving games 

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JavaDuke

95%
02 Rank
Progress
JavaDuke
Accepted Solution

In described situation we are not always penalised for that; there are various variables involved when deciding it; there are various videos there where we can see several  situations.

This is always something that we will be debating it over and over again (and that's fine).

Different perspectives for some event can give us different opinions; and when we are involved on them sometimes we tend to assume that is not our fault and maybe it could be. We can try to be fair when analysing things.  I think that it's not and easy formula to decide the faulted one.

I am not sure but on GT Sport when deciding this the DR's and SR's levels are also taken in account.

Suggestions to improve it, change it think are all welcomed; at least I do like to read about them.

As for car damage  we already have mechanical damage on GT Sport; but when in sport mode this depends of event settings. We cant penalise with that if is not being used on race; and in collisions from two or more cars the damage can apply to both of them.

The introduction of black flags in the game seems an interesting thing; question is how to use them. If we are out of track for some time we can be disqualified.

0 Kudos

Suggestion to PD

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel