93%
03 Rank
Progress

Update Dec. 6th

12 Replies 486 Views Created a week ago
05 Dec 2017
By Mr_Tibblez

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4151138.html

I do wish they would be a bit more forthcoming with information. It would be helpful if they told which issue they had identified and were going to fix. 

Are they going to solve the speed issue as well I wonder.

LABELS: DLC update
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PSDazmaniac

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
PSDazmaniac
Accepted Solution

It tells you in the notes.

It's an emergency fix for in issue they have identified with the stability with the TCS.

I don't think the update is aimed at much else and is deffo not the GT League update

Update Dec. 6th

PSN = PSDazmaniac

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

93%
03 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
PSDazmaniac
Accepted Solution

it says various other issues have been addressed to increase stability. Not that I really felt it needed any more, but slowing the cars down would make them more stable (in theory).

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

My interpretation was that "stability" was more a reference to servers and online play and/or gameplay in general (crashing to XMB etc.).

I could be wrong of course.

Thanks for informing the community of the update.  

*Edit*

Ah, my apologies.

I've just re-read the updated news item and see that "stability" is also mentioned in relation to TC.  

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

97%
06 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

secret unseen additional notes were that the patch "allowed server down time so that @Tassie_tiger can get off the game and get some sleep"

😜 

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAlien66

75%
02 Rank
Progress
AlexAlien66
Accepted Solution

They messed up the leaderboards again - by restoring them to the pre 1.06 Patch times.

Everyone who improved in the meantime has to beat his/her new PB which is now even more difficult than before.

Thanks to PD i lost my Top10 ranks in all Fisherman's Ranch sectors and can't get on the Leaderboard again with times that are fast enough for #2 in the World, just because my PB is so much faster ;-)

Thanks again for ruining the game experience - not only once, but twice now!

Cheaters are the ones who have fun i assume ;-)

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo944

84%
03 Rank
Progress
diablo944
AlexAlien66
Accepted Solution

Last time they messed up the times it ruined any thoughts of racing friends times. Until that rest we were challenging each other all the time. Slowly we picked a few back up and the challenge started again. If they have screwed it up again then thats it for me giving two hoots about friend times anymore. Why waste time beating friends if pd are going to clear the boards every time they see fit? Thats one aspect of the game thats dead to me now, not doing it all again, again.

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
AlexAlien66
Accepted Solution

A PB time can be improved upon...  don't we aim to get better with more effort.

I also had a Top 10 time set using my GT Account.....   yes, it took hard work to get there, but given time.... I know that I can improve on that time.

A PB is just that....   it's a time set that is currently your best.... does not mean you cannot do it again and beat it..

Ava

Update Dec. 6th

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAlien66

75%
02 Rank
Progress
AlexAlien66
Accepted Solution

Then why not just showing my current PB on Friend/World ranking board? Or, alternatively delete my PB and replace it with the one in the Friend ranking board? Or just delete it?

I just hate that i have a 'slow' time on the board and my current PB is much faster. So much in fact that it's close to impossible to improve it.

Have you ever thought why Usain Bolt didn't constantly improve his records? Or why a physics change might make it more difficult?

Maybe i'll be able to improve with more training, but i am already faster than the ranking times, so they show wrong data. There are people on #1 on some world leaderboards that are slower than me...

Sorry for ranting, but i'm ***** as PD seems incompetent!

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JavaDuke

85%
03 Rank
Progress
JavaDuke
Accepted Solution

They seem to messed up a little on rankings; probably the changes in handling that they fixed in emergency patch add some serious issues.

Just be patient, I am sure we all be clarified soon.

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

93%
03 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

From the look of the board, the changes were most certainly noticable. Although, mostly the rankings. Interesting how that's a recurring thing. Must have something to do with how the times are stored and compared.

I for one am not particularly bothered with rankings, I just found the speed of the cars to be verging on the ludicrous. I was doing 8:12:xxx times on the Nürburgring 24h track on a regular basis, just sucked the fun right out of it. So if they have fixed that then all thumbs up from me. Looking forward to the next patch.

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Haunter1977

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Haunter1977
Accepted Solution

With this update I can't save my new cars livreries....

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

avivnair

24%
02 Rank
Progress
avivnair
Accepted Solution

Just wondering.. do you think these guys will have an offline save update at some point? If campaign mode is offline, can they not have an offline save as well? This stupid update cost me 200,000 credits, a gift car and campaign progress, cos the stupid game refused to save unless updated, and the updated restarted the game and I lost all my offline progress yesterday! Bloody stupid move Sony! I guess I just can't play on Wednesdays then. :(

0 Kudos

Update Dec. 6th

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel