andyparks

80%
02 Rank
Progress

Wheel settings

14 Replies 396 Views Created 2 weeks ago
13 Nov 2017
By andyparks

This is supposed to be a driving game but there's only 2 settings for steering wheels for feed back where are the rest so I can calibrate my wheel and set the steering angle so I don't have to change the mode on the steering wheel every time I qualify and race..all they are bothered about is controllers..

LABELS: Steering wheels
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Try adjusting the Controller settings...  think it has a range from -2 to 7

I'm using setting 6 on a T300 with default FFB of 5 and 5

Feels very good actually.  Certainly have not needed to use that Mode button to use a different degree of rotation.

Ava

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andyparks

80%
02 Rank
Progress
andyparks
Accepted Solution

Ive tryed that setting it only works for controllers ..You try and do this with your steering wheel around this track 

https://youtu.be/UT5zpS2pwU8

Wheel settings

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
andyparks
Accepted Solution

The Megene is a Front wheel drive car that suffers terribly from understeer....  it won't turn with speed, needs to be slowed down before turning.

I drove this in the Daily races recently, not an easy car to get around corners quickly.

When you got other cars in the field, like the vid.    You've no chance of getting close to their times with that car.. unless you are an Alien driver and to be honest, there'd struggle and have the same issues..  You just cannot go into a corner quickly and expect it to turn in..  Diff settings might make a slight difference if they can be adjusted.    Lower Corner speeds are essential to getting a good lap with that Megene, and placing the car on approach and exit from corners..

A different driving view might help you.

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
andyparks
Accepted Solution

Ahhh. Different video.....  thought it was the Megene video posted in the other Thread...

This vid looks oki.   Nothing out of the ordinary with car control, just a little twitching on the thumb down the straights.

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andyparks

80%
02 Rank
Progress
andyparks
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

You try and drive like that with a steering wheel around that track like that 

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

95%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
andyparks
Accepted Solution

Are you running the latest Firmware on the wheel??

It might or could improve your situation a little better.

You would have to check with the wheels manufacturing web site to see what the latest version is.   Or just update it anyways.

Not sure why you are trying to compare controller users against wheel users. 

There are different aids.....   Traction Control, ABS, Stability controls etc. to make driving easier.

You don't know what settings are being used....   I wouldn't worry so much what other people are doing....   Concentrate on you own abilities.    There are some good controller players out there.

What you need to do is get accustomed to the driving physics of the game.  I am doing the same, getting used to driving this new game.  It's a learning curve, the more you play, the easier it will become.

The only gauge you have to compare is with One Make races where everybody is in that same boat.  Placing your car in the right place and speed for corners, to get to the Apex and power out will produce a better time than someone that is carrying too much speed into corners..   namely the Bumper Car people.

All it is - is practice, practice and more practice.

Concentrate on your driving lines, braking zones, Apexes and exit speeds.... don't worry what other people are doing.  I've done the same and improved.

Ava

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andyparks

80%
02 Rank
Progress
andyparks
Accepted Solution

My wheel is up-to-date this is supposed to be a driving sim it's more like a sim-cade.. put more wheel setting or separate wheel users and controllers 

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JavaDuke

95%
02 Rank
Progress
JavaDuke
Accepted Solution

Besides buttons assignments found in Options (See Steering Wheel Controllers - http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/controller/content02) we can only configure "Force Feedback Max. Torque" and "Force Feedback Sensitivity" in Driving Options (http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/drivingoption/content01)

The "Controller Steering Sensitivity" I think it only applies to Wireless Controller

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DockerBigAl

70%
02 Rank
Progress
DockerBigAl
Accepted Solution

Hey guys according to Thrustmasters website the steering angle setting is determined by the game in regards to Gran Turismo. It can't be changed. I assume that it would almost always be 900° and I'm guessing that this also applies to any officially supported wheel, not just Thrustmaster.

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andyparks

80%
02 Rank
Progress
andyparks
Accepted Solution

It can be changed by changing the mode but it changes back to mode 5 every time you qualify and race..even forza got more wheel setting then GT sport 

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DockerBigAl

70%
02 Rank
Progress
DockerBigAl
andyparks
Accepted Solution

Yes as I said it is determined by the game, or more specifically PD, before each race or qualifying session. It apparently varies depending on the car so, guessing once again, it probably matches the real life rotation of the car in question.

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rudhelm

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Rudhelm
andyparks
Accepted Solution

It is determined by the car. And if you need to rotate the wheel more than 180 degrees in ANY turn in the game, you are simply going to fast (or locking up the frontwheels) and therefore understeer or you are not taking a proper line.

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

Every day at first drive I think, bugger me the wheel is heavy. Then I go into settings and fiddle, go back and most times it has become lighter, to a degree at least. I am well aware I'm not a contender for Mr. Universe, so slightly frustrating.

Also, what is up with the manual gears, it feels like you are not allowed to shift faster than the animation does.

0 Kudos

Wheel settings

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andyparks

80%
02 Rank
Progress
andyparks