66%
05 Rank
Progress

Your opinions so far...

[ Edited ]
25 Replies 780 Views edited 10-10-2017
10 Oct 2017
By RetroManHD

I'm kind of a bit undecided at the moment. The presentation is superb, you can tell that a lot of effort has gone in to this, I'm just a bit concerned about longevity of the game, will it keep me coming back. You've got Arcade which is basically choose a track, choose a car, do your best. Then you've got the Campaign which are numerous challenges you won't go back to once completed, then there's the Sport mode which in my opinion is the main mode where everyone will probably go to, but is it enough?

At the moment you qualify in setting your best lap time possible, then you're matched against similar racers... but how long before I get bored of this? Not sure.

What's your opinions so far.

0 Kudos
LABELS: Demo
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iTheWalkingDazz

27%
02 Rank
Progress
iTheWalkingDazz
Accepted Solution

With all due respect. It’s a racing game. With limit cars. Limited tracks. That you go around a number of times. The game is repetitive. You want a racing game with different modes. Types. Try dirt. Track racing games are meant to be boring. People watch F1 and nascar for the crashes.  I like this game. I like racing games. But you sound like you wana play this religiously. When maybe it could be more of I’ve got to go out in an hour I’ll play a few races. A few times a week.  So it all depends on how often you want to play.  I would much prefer a campaign mode similar to gran turismo 4. I’ll be honest

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sorullo77

47%
02 Rank
Progress
sorullo77
Accepted Solution

Everyone knows that this is not a complete game,  it is just an E-sports. If you are looking for more content go and buy Need for Speed or forza7. Where you can rice anytime you want.  Leave this for the Pros. 

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

jesikah maximus

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RetroManHD

66%
05 Rank
Progress
RetroManHD
sorullo77
Accepted Solution

What you mean by "Not a complete game"?

They are charging full price aren't they?

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
RetroManHD
Accepted Solution

Go and look at what you have Downloaded.

It says  "Beta"

This is just a taster to get you to grips with what can be on offer in the Full Game.

This Beta is NOT the Full Game.

Go to the Garages and count the Cars on offer...  it's not even remotely close to the Number of Cars that will be included in the Full Game.

Not sure what part of Beta Testing people don't understand..

T H I S   I S   N O T   A   F U L L   G A M E ,   I T ' S   A   B E T A .

Ava

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I'm warming to buying this Game, when it's Release..  having fun with the Beta that they have given us so far...   Cars in the Garages are Limited...  but, then it's is the Beta.

Mission Challenges are a lot of fun..  some of them are worthy of playing over and over again.

30 Lap Endurance Race could be one of those to play again.  That is an hour of playtime.

Sport Mode is not so much fun as it could be..  Seems that every Lobby I get to, there are numerous Spanish Drivers in the field..  and all they intend to do, is ram you off the Track at every chance they get..  Private Lobbies will sort those incompetent drivers out.  Not entirely sure why it's just the Spanish...  don't seem to have a problem with other Nations... perhaps they hate the Swiss!!

Putting the times achieved by your Friends is quite amusing..  to see how fast or slow you are against them..  

Livery Editor is not too bad at all, got some good creative tools in there for many designs.

The Driving Wheel is working a lot better than the previous Beta, so that is a Plus to PD.

New Tracks to be learnt,  but of the ones I have tackled so far, they have been overall - great fun to learn.

On a whole,  my opinion it turning back to buying this again..   but we shall see.

The whole Game should be so much better than the Sample of this Beta has to offer.

Ava

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WheelbaseBelize

31%
02 Rank
Progress
WheelbaseBelize
Accepted Solution

Only issue I have with the game is controller sensitivity, if we could adjust steering linearity, deadzones and have a more detailed sensitivity option that would be lovely.

I love everything else!

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
94%
12 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

No Australian locations in the Scapes mode. I don't like that. They have an Aus track, but not scape location.

They are losing my interest

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
99%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

There's more Scapes locations coming with afree  Scapes Pack that can be downloaded in the full game. Hopefully there will be some Australian locations there.

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
94%
12 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

That was meant to be in the scapes thread that I had opened in a different tab. My bad lol.

But hopefully they add some

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheStill

• Beta Tester
97%
12 Rank
Progress
TheStill
Accepted Solution

The lack of single player content has me at a no.

When i play online I'm usually alone. Which means i get matched with randoms that don't want to race properly.

Knowing everyone will jump on this the first few weeks. I will avoid that mess and wait till the incompetent drivers have moved on to the next big game.

Had there been some single player content to work through i might have gotten it. 

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Livery Editor seems a little different between Accounts.

When I go into the Editor with one Account, there seems to be a lot more designs..  Yet when I open the same Installed Game on another Account..  there are a few Designs missing...  actually, a whole bunch of them.

The Michelin Man that I've used in one of my designs is missing on the other Account.

IMG_4995.JPG

Ava

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

I can understand peoples reservations regarding Single Player.

It's certainly not the GT Career we are used to.

But I think there will be more to the Campaign in the full game (particularly Mission Challenges) than we anticipate.
And Custom Races in Arcade seems to have essentially everything, and more, than we had before in Career.

It certainly isn't the predetermined events following a progression path, but check-out the options when setting up a Custom Race.

・Race Type (Laps/Endurance)
・No. of Laps (If the Race Type is set to "Laps".)
・Time Limit (If the Race Type is set to "Endurance".)
・No. of Cars
・Starting Grid (Player's Starting Position)
・Start Type (Grid Start/Rolling Start)
・Rolling Start Interval (If "Rolling Start" has been selected)
・Boost (A feature which increases the speed of cars which are trailing.)
・Slipstream Strength
・Mechanical Damage
・Tyre Wear
・Fuel Depletion
・Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge (Low/Real)
・Opponent Category (The larger the gap between your car's category and your opponents' cars' category, the more stars will appear on the left side of the settings screen, indicating a more difficult race. More difficult races pay out more in prize money.)
・Opponent Speed (Increasing from Beginner to Intermediate to Expert will increase the number of stars that appear on the left side of the settings screen, indicating a more difficult race. More difficult races pay out more in prize money.)
・Shortcut Penalty
・Wall Collision Penalty
・Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision
・Replace Cars When they Leave the Track
・Flag Rules (If set to 'On', the flag indications given by the marshal on the side of the track will be enforced, and drivers will incur penalties for disregarding them.)

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Steeky_2

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Steeky_2
Accepted Solution

Really has the potential to be a fantastic game, but if you ask any daily beta player a criticism I promise you they would say the amount of contact in online Sport Races is just too much. Its not the regular bump and spin like other racers, it’s every single corner you are purposefully getting rammed, people brake checking you on purpose because it gives you a 10 second penalty, barely scraping a wall and getting a 10 second penalty. These are issues that would need to be addressed before I buy the game personally.

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

johnstig1984

21%
02 Rank
Progress
johnstig1984
Accepted Solution

Really disappointed and I have cancelled my pre-order. For me personally it's the lack of cars, not just in the beta but overall. On previous GT games my friends and I used to enjoy racing in all manner of vehicles from top end race cars all the way down to low horsepower classic cars and there just isn't the option to have that kind of fun anymore. It's all a little bit too similar to project cars in its setup and that game only managed to keep our interest for a few days, where as gran turismo 5 and 6 were played for years. Should have stuck with the gran turismo philosophy of hundreds and hundreds of cars and should not have changed it to suit vr as I have vr and would have preferred a proper GT game with no vr. Gutted really as this was my most anticipated game this year 😢

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
99%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
johnstig1984
Accepted Solution

I can understand the disappointment in the cars available in GT Sport. Although I do understand Kaz's explanation behind this. Plus we have 350+ car to look forward to that will be added to the game. These will include lot's of the classic cars from the GT series. From the old, to the new.

GT Sport is really not been built and geared towards VR though. The VR mode is very limited with not all cars and tracks available. And it's only 1v1 racing against the AI.

Gran Turismo has been around for 20 years. It was the foundation for nearly every sim game you see on the market now. With the same formula used in every iteration of the series. Everyone may not agree, but it's time for a fresh change to the series. And this again will hopefully be the foundation for things to come.

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Woohoo.

My internet is up and running, and I've just setup my modem and I'm ready to go.  

I figure, stuff it, the demo's been extended so a 12 hour marathon on GT Sport it is.

Straight to the PS Store I go.

"This content cannot be selected at this time".    

Looks like I'm waiting until the 18th then.  

So sadly my opinions are still as they always have been.

Zero hands-on gameplay, and purely based on Youtube clips and forum posts.

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
76%
02 Rank
Progress
wsupchris1222444
Accepted Solution

So far I'm loving it. I've kinda become used to the handling although on a controller it sucks, want to get a wheel but the cheapest one is $200. The online races are just bad right now, people ram you like it's going out of style but then you get a penalty. The penalties need tweaking and so do the ai, was doing the 30 lap endurance race and was going to be first but the f*****g ai punted me off the track and by the time I got turned around and back on the track I was down to 13th... AFTER 1 HOUR OF RACING!!!!!!!!!!

But besides that I have been having fun and honestly I think I'm starting to like the physics of the game better than the physics in Assetto Corsa.

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
wsupchris1222444
Accepted Solution

If you are looking for a wheel, don't do it cheaply,  you will only regret the purchase!!

You want one that has FFB (Forced FeedBack).  The other's without this criteria are not worth getting.  You can check out YouTube,  there are some good guides to Wheel buying there.

I can understand your feelings on the 30 Lap Endurance Race..  Been and done it.

Ran out of fuel on the last lap, but after a few spins that the AI initiated..  the race was pretty much over by the time the fuel had run out.

Anyways, it's a learning curve..  How you deal with the AI is a challenge that can be overturned.  And it's not a bad game to play those Challenges again to improve your driving skills.   If you can survive the AI..  then Online Play with the Muppets becomes that much easier.

Mind you,  I still have a problem with one certain Nationality    LOL

Ava

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NOZonline

98%
08 Rank
Progress
NOZonline
Accepted Solution

I had a race last night and I was shocked to find the first clean Spanish driver, we had a back and forth battle for second place and not one bit of contact, awesome race! 

It really does pay to get to Sportsmanship group B.

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
NOZonline
Accepted Solution

You found one.   LOL. 

So, they do exist out there.....     I'm sounding like a broken record on that Subject,,,   But Open Lobbies and the Spanish are a Nightmare!!

Guess you worked out which Nation I was referring to in my other Post.

Ava

0 Kudos

Your opinions so far...

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel