New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
Community and Game Awards 2012 - FAQ's
These FAQ's have been prepared to help you out with any questions you might have about the Community and Game Awards 2012. If, after reading this post, you still have questions then post them in this thread and we'll answer you as soon as we can.
To read the answers, just click on the relevant spoiler tag.
Q: What are the Community and Game Awards?
Q: How do the awards work?
There are two stages to both, the Community and Game Awards.
- In the first stage, anyone with a PSN account can make a nomination for an award. There are no restrictions here and you can nominate anything you like as long as it is relevant to the award you are making the nomination for.
- In the second stage, the Community and Game Awards work a little differently. For the Community Awards, the nominations made for each award are counted and the top ten nominations go through to the voting stage as finalists.
For the second stage of the Game Awards, the nominations for each award are counted up from all the language groups in the Official PlayStation Community and the top ten nominees for each award go through to the final voting stage.
Finally, community members vote with Kudos for their favourite finalist under each award and once voting is complete we´ll count all the language groups kudos in order to announce the winners.
Q: How long do the Awards last?
Q: Who is eligible to take part?
Q: What are this year’s categories in the Game Awards?
* PlayStation 3 Game of the Year
* Best PlayStation Move game of the year
* Best Multiplayer mode
* PlayStation Service of the Year
* [PS Store] Downloadable Game of the Year
* [PS Store] DLC of the Year
* Most Anticipated PlayStation Game of 2013
* Most wanted trophy
* Best PlayStation videogame Art and Design
* Best Videogame character of the year
* PlayStation Vita Game of the Year
* Best Retro Game of the Year
* Best PS Home content released in 2012
Q: What are this year's categories in the Community Awards?
* Friendliest Online Gamer
* Most Helpful Member
* Funniest Member/Funniest post
* Best clan
* Best Community event or contest or Best online event organiser
* Thread of the Year
* Most Creative member of the year
* Best PSN ID created in 2012
* Newbie of the Year Award for users who became a part of the community during 2012.
* Quote of the Year
* Best Home User
Q: I cannot create a PSN account on eu.playstation.com.
It´s not possible to create a new PSN account on the website eu.playstation.com in this moment, but you can create one with your PS3, Wi-Fi PSP or through the Sony entertainment network website.
Q: I can't vote in the final.
Q: Are there any prizes for the Community Awards?
A: It depends on the award. For awards which are won by a specific community member, that member will be granted the "Community Award Winner" rank.
For the best thread of the Year, the winning thread will be floated. For the Best Clan and Best Community Event awards, the relevant threads will be stickied.
Q: What happens if there is a tie-break for any award?
Regardless of whether it is a community or game award, in the nominations we will add as many candidates as needed to the final.
Voting stage - tie-breaks will be solved by an additional 24 hour voting/nominating period for only the awards which are involved in the tie break.
Q: How can I keep a track of what's going on in the Community and Game Awards
Website ©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info