Nucroos

27%
02 Rank
Progress

Bloodborne GOTY edition was recognised as a different game

7 Replies 939 Views Created 17-02-2017
17 Feb 2017
By Nucroos

As it is said in the title, I played the original game of Bloodborne, and then I bought a game of the year version of this game. My PS4 Pro recognised the original game and the game of the year edition, which includes the DLC, as different games. As a result, I cannot use my old saves, even though I had already spent about 100 hours on it. Now I have two Bloodbornes in my PS4 Pro with exactly same trophies.

I cannot understand this situation, and there is not solution for it after searching for answers for hours. Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
LABELS: Games
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
96%
13 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

Are both games from the same country? Or different?

Does the DLC not work with the original one? 

Not sure if this will work, but have you tried deleting the old one then trying the GOTY with the saves 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nucroos

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Nucroos
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

The original one is only a standard version. And my savedata on this version cannot be read. Now the standard version and GOTY edition are recognised as two games. And yes, they are from different countries. The standard version is US, and GOTY edition is EU. But should it be the matter? I searched online, some people have Asian version and EU version, and the savedata can be used mutually, and the two versions are not recognised as two different games.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
96%
13 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Nucroos
Accepted Solution

Generally US versions are recognized as a different version than EU, so save files aren't compatible. Same as going from disc to digital. I'm not sure with Asian to EU, but apparently that's fine (according to the posts you've read anyway) 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nucroos

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Nucroos
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

So the region lock does exist in PS4? This is unbelievable. Anyway, thanks a million for your answer. I have learned my lesson.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
96%
13 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Nucroos
Accepted Solution

It does to an extent, yes. Not completely, as you can play any game on any console with any account (except Chinese consoles and stuff). But save files and DLC have to match the region of the game (which I believe to be DVD regioning, not just EU) 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nucroos

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Nucroos
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

Probably it is only the issue between EU and US versions. My friend said US saves work fine with the Middle East disc of the game. I don't know what is going on... But I do need sometime to calm down. Thanks so much for you kind information!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hamdude44

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Hamdude44
Accepted Solution

I had a similar situation with Shadow of Mordor. Played it when it released. Finished most of the content save for some trophies, but a few years later had the itch to go back and play the DLC and I found a deal for the game of the year edition. Well turns out even though they were both US versions they were still recognized as different games with separate save files and I was unable to continue where I left off, and had to start over! So I don't think it is region specific  at all.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel