02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Far Cry 2 download problem

[ Edited ]
40 Replies 1,361 Views edited 11-04-2012
18 Aug 2011
By kevhardy

I downloaded the full game trial of Far Cry 2, played it until it expired and then paid for, and downloaded the full game. I've installed it but can't play it. It still says expired and wants me to go to the store to buy it again!

If I go back to the store Far Cry 2 is not on my download list, so I can't simply delete the old one, download it again and try re-installing.

The purchase definately went through okay as I've had the confirmation emails from PSN re wallet funding and purchase.

My PSN Plus is still active too, so it's not to do with that.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a solution?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

We have had some further feedback from the network team.  You will have to contact your local PlayStation Support who will issue you with a voucher to enable the full game on your PSN accounts.

SFZ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Far Cry 2 download problem

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

strous

39%
02 Rank
Progress
strous
Accepted Solution

well i rang cs and the bloke was very helpfull but could'nt solve it so he has taken all my details and past it n to the psn team and said that they will get back to me but didnt know how long it would take so its worth just ringing them up peeps. The person i spoke to had'nt heard of this issue before so i think if everyone was to phone up it might get sorted quicker i did say that i have seen on here that lotsof people having the same problem will keep you posted on what happens

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

McUnght

37%
02 Rank
Progress
McUnght
Accepted Solution

Same for me strous, still waiting for a call back. Think I will call them again later.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ABTR

82%
03 Rank
Progress
ABTR
Accepted Solution

The problem must solve Sony and developer who uploading the games. When downloading a 1 hour trial game he must delete them from store this trial code, and the same time has a new game for downloading or  doing something like the others games trials after play it, downloading  the little mb from the full version and the game unlock 

I play 2 games for 1 hour trial, the warhawk and the inferno pool and the both has the same blue psn store icon, i buy the inferno pool and expire after 1 hour  ( i suppose when i buy it again from menu after expire time he working? i don't know i dont try... lol) the warhawk has 2 version on store the normal and the version with all dlc  when download this, i think its working because the normal still has the blue icon, the same with inferno

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hooley01

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Hooley01
Accepted Solution

Mine's working now. Started farcry 2 and it loaded up and the yellow trial expired bar on the icon has dissappeared. Thanks to whoever fixed it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

maki_kep

40%
02 Rank
Progress
maki_kep
Accepted Solution

i just both mine today and its expired, can you help or can any one  help me? PLZ?!?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ABTR

82%
03 Rank
Progress
ABTR
Accepted Solution
maki_kep 1st) do not delete the game don't.. 2nd) if you are lucky some off this days maybe work like guy above 3nd) if you have another 30$ go to the psn store, from menu (when press x button to start the expire game) and buy it again... but i m not sure if this work....

I wander what happen all this days and the problem remain THE PSN PLUS 1 HOUR TRIAL ITS NOT WORK DON'T DOWNLOADING FROM THERE
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

maki_kep

40%
02 Rank
Progress
maki_kep
Accepted Solution

i already delited it i thought that i could re dl.... whats the cs for norway? maby they can give me a refund

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hooley01

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Hooley01
Accepted Solution

ring cs. they will give refund, i accidently bought twice as well. theyll also unlock the game for you. mine works now.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

maki_kep

40%
02 Rank
Progress
maki_kep
Accepted Solution

do i have to pay if i call them and does it take call before i get to talk and not take forever to wait?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hooley01

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Hooley01
Accepted Solution

was pretty good actually, got through to someone right away. uk number is 0844 736 0595 which is 4p/min i think?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Drac_PL

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Drac_PL
Accepted Solution

Hello. Im from Poland. At 18/08/2011 i downloaded trial of Far Cry 2 - when it expired i bought full game upgrade, after next hour of play it expired again - i thought it was some kind of error so i go to pss and tried to download it again - ps store again took money from my credit card (twice for 69,00 PLN) and again game didnt worked. I go to shop and bought retail version. How to get refund for this transaction in Poland? Can anyone help me? CS does not answear for my mails and i cant find any working CS phone number for Poland. I Just want my money back to buy other games. Can anyone Point me in how to do that? Maybe i should take lawyer and get in court that they stole my money? Im active PS+ member and i got huge history for bought games. Also those two transactions are in my payment transaction history.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

An update from the network team is that they are currently working through the account issues for everyone who had the game expire early.

Let me know if you are still having issues regarding this.

Rabid

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

honigferd

24%
02 Rank
Progress
honigferd
Accepted Solution
Just got the Game with PSN plus a few days ago and am getting the disk dirty/damaged error now. :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

soulfulassassin

80%
02 Rank
Progress
soulfulassassin
Accepted Solution

Far Cry 2 is supposed to be free for ps+ but when I click on it it asks me to pay for it.

Misleading store prices, BTTF is also supposed to be free but has the same problem.

***** Sony if there no longer free take them off the STORE.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rikstewart

42%
02 Rank
Progress
rikstewart
Accepted Solution

I originally downloaded the trial but never got around to trialling it, so it still had 1 hour remaining.

Last week I downloaded the full game on the PS+ offer for free. It wouldn't let me install the game because it said that it existed already, so I deleted the trial and then installed.

After it installed in showed up as a trial still. I didn't believe it, so I loaded it up and then quit. The trial had started. I thought if I left it to expire that it would show up correctly. Instead it said that the trial had expired.

So I deleted this again and then went to the PS Store to redownload. Only thing is that the file isn't available to download. The full price game has the blue icon but it requires payment.

From reading this thread it looks like I'm probably going to have issues, even if I do find a way to redownload. Can this be fixed without having to phone customer services?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fget

29%
02 Rank
Progress
fget
Accepted Solution

is there somebody who has got a solution now? Are there new information about this problem? i hope so

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MGStuart

43%
02 Rank
Progress
MGStuart
Accepted Solution

I'm having the exact same issue.

I downloaded the trial of Far Cry 2 but never used it, I then downloaded the free game on PSN+ but still got the trial.

It expired and now I can't play Far Cry 2 that I should have got from my PSN+ subscription.

I called Customer Services and they told me theres nothing they can do, it isn't on offer anymore and said >> I << downloaded the wrong thing.

I did not download the wrong thing!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

killincat

32%
02 Rank
Progress
killincat
Accepted Solution
Same issue here. Got the trial version a while ago and the free psn+ version expired after an hour...
Well, I paid since the beginning for the psn+ service, and this is not the first time it happens.
Fix this please!
Unhappy customer speaking.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MGStuart

43%
02 Rank
Progress
MGStuart
Accepted Solution

I spoke to customer service 3 times now and still didn't get my Far Cry 2 problem sorted!

Just have to accept you won't be getting FC2 via your PSN+!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

We have had some further feedback from the network team.  You will have to contact your local PlayStation Support who will issue you with a voucher to enable the full game on your PSN accounts.

SFZ

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel