21%
02 Rank
Progress

Netflix signing in error on PS3

41 Replies 40,458 Views Created 25-03-2013
25 Mar 2013
By prolifnik

Hi all

I have the Netflix app installed on my PS3 and have been using it successfuly for the past 3 months, without any problems. Now, suddenly it will no longer sign in. It says error signing in and on the bottom right hand corner of the error box it gives me a code 'ui-108'.

I have scoured the internet, and have seen a number of people suggesting deleting the app and reinstalling it, turning my modem off for 30 secs and back on again, changing the date and time to 'set via internet. etc etc ive done them all and I am still not getting any luck. Ive also spoken to Netlfix support who also can't help.

I do no understand why one minute it was working fine and then suddenly it doesnt.

If anyone can help me, it will be really appreciated.
 :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

prolifnik wrote:

Hi all

I have the Netflix app installed on my PS3 and have been using it successfuly for the past 3 months, without any problems. Now, suddenly it will no longer sign in. It says error signing in and on the bottom right hand corner of the error box it gives me a code 'ui-108'.

I have scoured the internet, and have seen a number of people suggesting deleting the app and reinstalling it, turning my modem off for 30 secs and back on again, changing the date and time to 'set via internet. etc etc ive done them all and I am still not getting any luck. Ive also spoken to Netlfix support who also can't help.

I do no understand why one minute it was working fine and then suddenly it doesnt.

If anyone can help me, it will be really appreciated.
 :)

Hi prolifnik,

This is certainly an odd one, I'm not sure why this would suddenly stop working unless there was an issue with the account?

Alternatively it could be a connection issue, you might want to try connecting the console via the ethernet to a modem directly to see if this works. Also turn the router and modem off and on again to see if this helps- it may be an issue with the IP address possibly?

Let me know how it goes,

Rabid

0 Kudos

Re: Netflix signing in error on PS3

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

prolifnik

21%
02 Rank
Progress
prolifnik
Accepted Solution

Hi Rabid,

Tried the switching off and back on again of the modem, and it still doesn't work. I do not have an ethernet cable to connect it manually, so I am unable to try this. It is just bizarre how everything else works fine. There also isn't an issue with my Netflix account as it logs in fine via the online website.

Nik

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

prolifnik wrote:

Hi Rabid,

Tried the switching off and back on again of the modem, and it still doesn't work. I do not have an ethernet cable to connect it manually, so I am unable to try this. It is just bizarre how everything else works fine. There also isn't an issue with my Netflix account as it logs in fine via the online website.

Nik

What you might want to try is restoring default settings on the console, and setting the time via date and time settings, but via the internet.

Rabid

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

I am also having the exact same problem since late monday/ early tuesday morning 29.4.13/30.4.13 I have also tried re-installing seting the date manually and via the internet, resetting my router and hub calling netflix with no luck. Any help would be with this problem would be much appreciated. I miss netflix on the big screen xx

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution
also tried restoring the default settings on the console still getting the unable to connect to netflix message ( sad face emoticon)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Just to confirm Dominic, you're able to use netflix completely normally if you use a PC?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

yes also on my mobile phone

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Netflix have only given the following advice;

1. Test your Internet Connection
    1. From the PS3 main menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select Internet Connection, and verify it is set to Enabled. If it’s Disabled, make sure to select Enable.
    4. Select Internet Connection Test.
      • If you are able to connect to the Internet, check your date and time settings.
      • If you are unable to connect to the Internet, you may be having network connection issues.
  2. Check the date and time settings on your PS3

If the date and time of your device is significantly different from the current date and time, you will have a problem playing your video.

1. From the PS3 main menu (XMediaBar), navigate to Settings.
    2. Select Date and Time Settings.
    3. Select Date and Time.
    4. Click Set via Internet.
  3. Sign out of the Netflix application
    1. Begin from the PS3 Home Screen.
    2. Navigate to the TV/Video Services section and highlight Netflix.
    3. Press X.
    4. Immediately after pressing X, press and hold both Start and Select and continue to hold them down until a message appears asking Do you want to reset your Netflix settings and re-register?
    5. Select Yes.
  4. Reinstall the Netflix application
    1. From the PS3 Home Screen, navigate to the TV/Video Services section and highlight Netflix.
    2. Press the Triangle button on the Playstation controller.
    3. Select Delete.
    4. Select Yes.
    5. Download the Netflix application to your PS3.
    6. From the PS3 home screen, navigate to the TV/Video Services section and select the Netflix icon.
    7. Select Yes on the Are you a member of Netflix?screen.
      • You may be prompted to sign in to your PlayStation Network (PSN) account first.
    8. Enter your Netflix email address and password.

If you've had no luck after trying all that, try power cycling your whole network and putting the PS3 into a DMZ using your router settings, then try signing in again.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the advice but I have already tried all the advice from Netflix with no luck I do not understand what you mean by your last words tho. Sorry I am not that good with computers.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Power Cycling is where you turn off absolutely everything connected to your network. Including your router etc. Once that's done, wait 3 minutes and turn on your router again. Then try the PS3 alone and see if it works. If it does, progressively boot everything else back up till you're running happily :)

As for DMZ, that's where you change the settings on your router to let the PS3 ignore all the firewall settings and give it full access to the web. You can access your router settings by reading the admin details on the back or base of your router.
There will be an address like bthomehub.home, 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 . Go to the relevant one in your web browser then log in with the details on the back of your router.
This varies massively depending on the router so googling the router model and DMZ might help you there.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

I will give that a go when I get the chance but Its time for me to call it a night. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
No worries! :Thumbs:

Give me a shout if you need help, and let us know if you get it fixed :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

I have tried everything now I have had one bit of progress, when I power cycled the system I managed to get a error code one time Nw-3-6.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Dominic1981 wrote:

I have tried everything now I have had one bit of progress, when I power cycled the system I managed to get a error code one time Nw-3-6.

Take a look at this page on the Netflix Troubleshooting guide. The dropdown menus give very detailed instructions on how to try and rectify issues causing that NW-3-6 error :)

(NW-3-6 is normally caused by a problem with your DNS configuration)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

Thanks Strangeplaice,

Unfortunately the steps on the netflix page where no use to me. I am still having the same issue. I have contacted my ISP and they told me that it may be a problem with my playstation as my internet is working fine and netflix can run on my phone and my laptop fine. I just wonder if it may have something to do with the DNS and if I could change it. Although I have already restored my PS3 back to original settings?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Dominic1981 wrote:

Thanks Strangeplaice,

Unfortunately the steps on the netflix page where no use to me. I am still having the same issue. I have contacted my ISP and they told me that it may be a problem with my playstation as my internet is working fine and netflix can run on my phone and my laptop fine. I just wonder if it may have something to do with the DNS and if I could change it. Although I have already restored my PS3 back to original settings?

Sorry to hear that it wasn't any use :(

The PS3 doesn't necessarily connect to Netflix the same way as the PC does, it may use different ports, or connect to a different server. (I don't know as I haven't got it and haven't looked that much into it :P ) Is your PS3 connected wirelessly to your router? And is your PS3 in the routers DMZ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

I got an update for netflix today and they have a test button and it shows that I am fully connected to the internet.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Is it giving any more helpful errors? Or just the same one as before?

Did you try putting the PS3 in the routers DMZ?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

It is still giving me the same error I have tried the DMZ yes

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Dominic1981 wrote:

It is still giving me the same error I have tried the DMZ yes

That pretty much rules out any issues with your connection then if you've got the DMZ set up. (DMZ basically bypasses your routers firewall and security entirely.)

I'm pretty sure the problem is lying with either your ISP or Netflix themselves. One more idea I've got;

You could try changing the DNS settings on your PS3 manually to one of the free Public DNS servers available online. To do this go to Internet Connection Settings and set up your connection again as if it's a new connection, but when you reach DNS settings choose "Manual" and enter any of the following as the primary and secondary DNS servers:

Google DNS:
Primary: 8.8.8.8
Secondary: 8.8.4.4

OpenDNS:
Primary: 208.67.222.222
Secondary: 208.67.220.220

Cisco:
Primary: 64.102.255.44
Secondary: 128.107.241.185

That's me completely out of ideas but there's a slim chance this might help.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel