Problem Solved

View Original Post
30 Nov 2008
By PandorasNL

PandorasNL

48%
02 Rank
Progress

[PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

101 Replies 151,798 Views Created 30-11-2008
30 Nov 2008
By PandorasNL

Hi,

Anyone knows how to change the country in your account details? I've recently moved to another country, but I cannot enter my new address properly, as the country still is set to my old country. Nowhere can I find how to change this. Any ideas, as I don't want to create a new account, just because Sony/Playstation blocked this feature? And creating a new one will make me lose all my friends and downloaded items, right?

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FieryCosta

22%
02 Rank
Progress
FieryCosta
Accepted Solution

Does anyone know if it is possible to delete an account to be able to re-use the same email address?

It happens that I created an account whilst in the UK via the website, recently I moved back to Portugal and have just bought a PS3 (I previously only owned a PSP).

I have nothing on my UK account, e.g. content/awards/etc! Would I be able to delete this account and then create a new Portuguese one with the same email?

Many thanks,

P.

P.S. oh and also re-use the username? :)

0 Kudos

Betreff: [PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jmmart99

89%
05 Rank
Progress
jmmart99
Accepted Solution

FieryCosta escribió:

Does anyone know if it is possible to delete an account to be able to re-use the same email address?

It happens that I created an account whilst in the UK via the website, recently I moved back to Portugal and have just bought a PS3 (I previously only owned a PSP).

I have nothing on my UK account, e.g. content/awards/etc! Would I be able to delete this account and then create a new Portuguese one with the same email?

Many thanks,

P.

P.S. oh and also re-use the username? :)

Accounts cannot be deleted, I guess you can change the email address of the old one and use it on a new account (but a dfifferent username)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lt1moz

96%
03 Rank
Progress
lt1moz
Accepted Solution

I'd also like to see a change your details options any normal bussiness which operate's online has this facilities :No-no:

0 Kudos

Re: [PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be Water my Friend !

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

silas223

29%
02 Rank
Progress
silas223
Accepted Solution
is there a way of transferring all your data from one user to another
cuz if there is then u could make a new account and transfer the data from your old account to your knew one
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jmmart99

89%
05 Rank
Progress
jmmart99
Accepted Solution

silas223 escribió:
is there a way of transferring all your data from one user to another
cuz if there is then u could make a new account and transfer the data from your old account to your knew one

No

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DragonKnight30

21%
02 Rank
Progress
DragonKnight30
Accepted Solution

yeah it happened teh same to meeee!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

joelwna

46%
02 Rank
Progress
joelwna
Accepted Solution

Hey

Yea this problem happened to me last year.  I move from nz with the account set there to aus.  I couldnt change it to get any new content for games.  Rang sony up and in a matter of words told me to bad.  Had to create a new account so i now dont have all my trophies from my other games.  I am one of those players that was playing games for the achievements.  This annoyed the s*&t out of me.  Will try the downloadable content on my old account to see if it works.  But I have been tossing up for a couple of months now whether or not to just trade in the ps3 for an xbox.  I know next gen with stupid ***** like this I wont ever buy sony again. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Aussie_72

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Aussie_72
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cry-Adam

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Cry-Adam
Accepted Solution

Is this something Sony plan to change? Why would we be able to specify whatever region we want in a new profile but are unable to alter the region in our existing profile? The fact that the region you specify in your PSN account determins what servers you're matched up with in games makes this problem evermore pressing. I see this thread was created in 2008...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kilgore1987

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Kilgore1987
Accepted Solution

If Valve's Steam and XBLA are able to get over this obstacle and allow their customers to change their

country, I don't see why Sony should think they get exempt. I hope they allow this soon, that and they should 

those with multiple accounts to merge them into a single 'Master' account.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WUCV

20%
02 Rank
Progress
WUCV
Accepted Solution
Guys. I bought a PS3 and my country is not in the list of countries in the PS3 register list. I could use fake address but my issue is then I won't be able to use my credit card details. What should I do? Any suggetions? Please help. I am new to PSN
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

WUCV wrote:
Guys. I bought a PS3 and my country is not in the list of countries in the PS3 register list. I could use fake address but my issue is then I won't be able to use my credit card details. What should I do? Any suggetions? Please help. I am new to PSN

Use PSN cards from the same exact location as the faked addressed, You will have to buy via the web. DLC most also match the Games BD region location. 

Also be aware IP address filtered content won't work at all. Like Qriocity and PSN movie store, IPTV.. so on and so on. 

Games should work fine.

BD and DVD films can be region locked OUT unless you match the region code.  

0 Kudos

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SurferLTU

42%
02 Rank
Progress
SurferLTU
Accepted Solution

GraphiteGB wrote:

WUCV wrote:

Use PSN cards from the same exact location as the faked addressed, You will have to buy via the web. DLC most also match the Games BD region location. 

Also be aware IP address filtered content won't work at all. Like Qriocity and PSN movie store, IPTV.. so on and so on. 

Games should work fine.

BD and DVD films can be region locked OUT unless you match the region code.  

Hi,

I have same problem.

Can't register PS3 account in my country while PS3 here is officially being sold.... 

Doesn't that mean that as a consumer I'm paying full price but get only part of functions and services of the particular product??? And besides I wasn't informed by any means about these limitations before purchase.

May be it is worth of writing an official claim to SONY and local state consumer rights protection authority in order to resolve this issue???

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Superloutre

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Superloutre
Accepted Solution

The sadest is that nobody seems to give a ***** about this at Sony...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jaena23

23%
02 Rank
Progress
jaena23
Accepted Solution

exactly, these [MODERATED] only care about their money.... I am so disappointed with Sony, i though they were superior and all, but honestly, I have been having this problem for a while now, and have been doing all i can to contact sony, but these [MODERATED] wont reply to anything i send

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Micha

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Micha
Accepted Solution

> If Valve's Steam and XBLA are able to get over this obstacle and allow their customers to change their country, 

I haven't really used either of these services, but XBox Live users are (or were) complaining about the exact same issue.   Pretty much saying exactly the same things - how pants it is that global companies are seemingly unable to accept the fact that their customers are also global these days.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Saunders331986

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Saunders331986
Accepted Solution

Hi so I registered my PS3 in the UK, just bought the new Fifa 12 in the US were I now live. With Fifa 12 to play online you must redeem a code, I downloaded it but then when I go to play online it says the code redeemed doesn't match my PSN region so I can't play online......

I wouldn't care so much if being on the UK network at least allowed me to watch I Player? It lets me see the tv shows but when I go to view them they don't actually show.... so am I being punished twice? Surely it should be one or the other right, or is something else stopping me from viewing I player in the US? Is there anything I can do so I can watch it?

Thanks....

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

Saunders331986 wrote:

Hi so I registered my PS3 in the UK, just bought the new Fifa 12 in the US were I now live. With Fifa 12 to play online you must redeem a code, I downloaded it but then when I go to play online it says the code redeemed doesn't match my PSN region so I can't play online......

I wouldn't care so much if being on the UK network at least allowed me to watch I Player? It lets me see the tv shows but when I go to view them they don't actually show.... so am I being punished twice? Surely it should be one or the other right, or is something else stopping me from viewing I player in the US? Is there anything I can do so I can watch it?

Thanks....

The BBC are blocking you from watching iplayer. To use this on a PC or console you need a tv license and live in the UK.

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wrwakefi

21%
02 Rank
Progress
wrwakefi
Accepted Solution

Unglaublich!

Bought in Switzerland (language options German/ French/ Italian),

moved to Austria..... language for PS Store.... German :(

My German is good, but not that good... and... address still set to Switzerland :(

WHEN WILL WE BE ALLOWED TO CHANGE COUNTRIES ON THE NETWORK SONY????

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NostrobotUK

88%
02 Rank
Progress
NostrobotUK
Accepted Solution
What if you change a country from one which has PSN to another which doesn't?

Sony can't handle that, too complicated for them.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mmbs

21%
02 Rank
Progress
mmbs
Accepted Solution

My question isn´t really about the topic but it connects. I moved countries quite a lot in the last 7 years and am now living in Spain with a dutch psn account.  I know you can´t change the address, but about the psn card vouchers, if I buy one from a spanish game store, will it work for my dutch psn account. I know they have the same currency but do they differ because of regions like the address? Thanks. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel