R2_

84%
02 Rank
Progress

Rocksmith 2014 DLC problems

32 Replies 8,241 Views Created 29-01-2015
29 Jan 2015
By R2_

This game has so many delays and errors regarding the DLC that I'm not sure I remembered them all. But here's a list:

1. Currently PS4 is missing 264 songs and 84 packs, PS3 is missing 30 songs and 8 packs. Ubisoft says it is SCEE's fault.

Complete and up-to-date list can be found here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/977238-PS4-Rocksmith-2014-PS4-EU-DLC-Overview

2. RS1 Import tool for ps4 is missing, again SCEE's fault according to Ubisoft.

3. DLC that was added to the PS4 version of the game 14.1.2015 asks to pay again even if you already own it on PS3.

4. Soundgarden PS4 pack has a wrong price.

5. Jimi Hendrix packs include different songs than in the description.

6. No one takes any responsibility of these delays and errors, and I'm very surprised if someone from Sony answers to this post.

LABELS: Games
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Lexx

89%
08 Rank
Progress
The_Lexx
Accepted Solution

R2_ wrote:

3. DLC that was added to the PS4 version of the game 14.1.2015 asks to pay again even if you already own it on PS3.

HI mate, 

I need to chase this up. Sounds stupid, but I have so much DLC - I forgot that I had already purchase "when you were young" on the PS3 and bought it again on the PS4. And of course as you have pointed out, I was charged. This is the first time this has happened as anything else I own on the PS3 has always said "Purchased" on the PS4.

clenches fist and waves in the air... Nooooooooooooo!

Cheers.

Re: Rocksmith 2014 DLC problems

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

patdj182

88%
02 Rank
Progress
patdj182
Accepted Solution

Hi everyone.

said problems are part of the so-called RSDLCScandal. At least that's how we named the massive backlog, SCEE has with the peviously released DLC. There is a nearly 70-page thread over at the Ubisoft forums, but for the sake of clarity, we went over to collecting all the relevant info on this blog:

http://rsdlcscandal.blogspot.com/

You should find all the updates on progress concerning this issue there, or on said Ubi-thread.

Also we are tweeting with the hashtag #RSDLCScandal.

Post here if you're encountering the same problem, Like this thread, make it one of the most frequented and upvoted threads on this forum. Sony executives need their attention drawn to this outrageously bad customer treatment!

Betreff: Rocksmith 2014 DLC problems

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

R2_

84%
02 Rank
Progress
R2_
Accepted Solution

Here's an updated list of missing content and errors. The list can also be found here.

Missing songs

PS4: 231 missing songs, 76 missing song packs including the Import tool (link)

PS3: 3 missing songs, 2 missing song packs (link)

Songs that SHOULD be in the EU store according to the Playstation Blog, but aren't:

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes (11/5/2014)
Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife (12/10/2014)

Cross-buy doesn't work on the following songs/song packs:

3 Doors Down – When I'm Gone
Rupert Holmes - Escape(The Pina Colada Song)
The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun
The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now
The Libertines - What Katie Did
The Killers - Mr. Brightside
The Killers - Spaceman
The Killers - Runaways
Tom Petty - Refugee
Tom Petty - American Girl
Tom Petty - Free Fallin
Tom Petty - I Won’t Back Down
Megadeth – Hangar 18
Avenged Sevenfold Song Pack

Wrong content

Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl is actually Rick James - Superfreak

Incorrect prices

PS4 Killswitch Engage - Song Pack £9.49 / 11,95€ (should be £6.49 / 7,95€)
PS4 Bullet For My Valentine - Hand Of Blood £0,99 / 1,15€ (should be £2.49 / 2,95€)
PS4 Jeff Buckley Song Pack £6.19 / 7,45€ (should be £6.49 / 7,95€)
PS4 Megadeth Song Pack £3.29 / 3,95€ (should be £6.49 / 7,95€)
PS4 Rage Against The Machine Song Pack 1 £6.49 / 7,95€ (should be £7.99 / 9,95€)
PS4 Rage Against The Machine Song Pack 2 £7.99 / 9,95€ (should be £6.49 / 7,95€)
PS4 Soundgarden - Song Pack £11.49 / 13,95€ (should be £9.49 / 11,95€)
PS4 Tom Petty - American Girl £0.79 / 0,95€ (should be £2.49 / 2,95€)
PS4 Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down £0.79 / 0,95€ (should be £2.49 / 2,95€)

Other problems

Creed pack for PS3 doesn't allow to download the songs (You are not eligible to purchase or download this content)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fuzzle86

41%
02 Rank
Progress
fuzzle86
Accepted Solution

Thank you for highlighting the scale of this scandel. I bought a PS4 to get the Jimi Hendrix pack included in the Rocksmith price before end of Jan but now can't play most of the other DLC I bought, including the RS1 pack. It's an absolute disgrace, and I would have returned my PS4 if I knew it was going to take this long.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Danson79

78%
02 Rank
Progress
Danson79
Accepted Solution

Utterly disgraceful behaviour by SCEE on this one.

As a long term Sony customer that owned both the original Rocksmith and the 2014 edition on PS3, before paying way more than our American cousins for the PS4 version of RS2014 on the PROMISE OUR CONTENT WOULD CARRY OVER i'm disgusted to still be waiting for my PAID FOR content 5 months later. There's no excuse for this incompetence, we deserve a full statement from SCEE. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Feten666

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Feten666
Accepted Solution
Hi everyone. I owned the original Rocksmith and RS2014 and bought the import tool for Ps3 and I bought myself a ps4 for Christmas. Sold my copies of Rs and RS2014 and the ps3 after I had read that the content would "carry over" to ps4. And I downloaded RS2014 to my ps4 last week and now I have learned that I am missing almost half the content I've paid for. I didn't buy the game right away because I have learned that games rarely work as intended when they are released nowadays. But it's not like it's a new game anymore?! Just like fuzzle86 said and many before him/her, it's a f***ing disgrace and if we would have been customers in any other businesses this kind of behavior would never be aaccepted. And lastly, prioritize your work! The legacy content should have been available long before any new content was even though about.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

R2_

84%
02 Rank
Progress
R2_
Accepted Solution

4 legacy songs were added today, and "surprisingly", the cross-buy doesn't work with any of them. (Link)

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

System Of A Down - Aerials

System Of A Down - B.Y.O.B.

System Of A Down - Toxicity

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Lexx

89%
08 Rank
Progress
The_Lexx
Accepted Solution

Thanks for answering my question R2_

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Games/Rocksmith-2014-PS4-A-how-to/td-p/22692814

Hey - hit me up with a friend request.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

patdj182

88%
02 Rank
Progress
patdj182
Accepted Solution

Thanks for updating us, R2_! While I also think that the pace of catch-up is way to low and its thoroughness is basically non-existent we at least now had three RS2014-related fixes (as faulty as they might be...) in a row, with a slightly improving trend. I keep my fingers crossed for constant improvement until maybe in two weeks they'll be adding 20 or so songs weekly, without crossbuy issues.

Everyone make sure to join our inquiry at the blog post this afternoon (usually ~3pm CET): http://blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store-update/ 

Twitter Users that want to help spread the word: https://twitter.com/patdj182/status/580663008902430720

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Danson79

78%
02 Rank
Progress
Danson79
Accepted Solution

I have to say Patdj, I honestly think the time for politeness has long gone.

Five months is inexcusable in this situation and despite our frequest blog-topping comments, our complaints fall on deaf ears. Every week, we get drip-fed tiny amounts of the missing content, usually complimented by price and licencing issues. It's takes a very special level of incompetence to do this every single week without fail. This week, I finally got Aerials back, only to find out that i'm supposed to pay again. Also, the SOAD pack isn't listed as a pack yet, so i look forward to them wasting an update opportunity further down the line by bundling them together and acting like they've done us a favour.

I'm also sick of having to wait until Wednesday, just because it's the store update day. This problem shouldn't have one day per week to stand a chance of getting resolved. This isn't new, delayed content - this is existing paid-for content that we're being deprived of because two multi-national companies can't get their s**t together, It's frustrating for us and the level of inedptitude is completely embarassing for them. 

In summary, being polite has got us nowhere. They don't deserve our politeness or respect at this point, because they haven't even bothered to respect the Rocksmith communities financial transactions. If they can't give us our content, they need to give us our money back and understand they've damaged their reputations with loyal customers.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

patdj182

88%
02 Rank
Progress
patdj182
Accepted Solution

Danson, I get it. I think we have gotten somewhere,though, not far, that's true. Whether that is due to polite or unpolite posts no one can tell.

Everyone has their own way of doing and formulating things, I prefer the diplomatic way because that generally gives "them" less reason to ignore or censor our opinions, but I do think that all the angry posts are completely justified. The way of putting it doesnt matter, what matters is the amount of people that openly speak up. And that's where we should continue to work together. In a good-cop-bad-cop kind of way, if you like. ;-)

In the hand we have no other choice, other then a lawsuit, which from what I know, some ppl might already be preparing.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Lexx

89%
08 Rank
Progress
The_Lexx
Accepted Solution

So who do we need to petition. Who can resolve this issue. The buck ALWAYS stops with an individual. ALWAYS.

As an Operations manager I can tell you that sometimes I am the last to know about how serious an issue is to people because my managers water down the importance of matters. It's not until something lands in my lap that I can act on it, and of course, I often have a very different opinion to that of the people who deemed it not necessary for me to have the full picture. 

So while they are looking for a new job, I'm cleaning up the mess. 

If we can communicate the importance of getting this sorted to the right person, it will get sorted out. 

Who do we need to write to?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Lexx

89%
08 Rank
Progress
The_Lexx
Accepted Solution

So there is Jim Ryan the CEO of SCEE.

He is very pro equality in gaming and passionate about the media. Surely a game like Rocksmith that is truly genderless in its appeal and played by such a varied audience would be something Mr Ryan would feel should be supported.

We have Yves Guillemot the CEO of Ubisoft, who in recent months has acknowledged that his company could be working harder to produce better gaming experiences for their customers. 

Looks to me like we have two men who are passionate about their organisations, somewhat humble in their presentation and if handed an open letter addressed to both, proactively pointing out the amazing community of gamers that want to support their products, but there seems to be a simple communication problem dishartening their consumers - we could at least get their attention. 

At the end of the day they have a market wanting to buy DLC, who dont spend their time ripping off the devs or publishers through illegal game dowloading and want to support their product for years to come. 

All seems doable to me. 

I'm going to put something together on the weekend. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

patdj182

88%
02 Rank
Progress
patdj182
Accepted Solution

Hey Lexx, you have my complete support on any sort of open letter to the CEOs. What's your game plan on making them read it?

Other than that, an update from the Ubi forums also to be posted here: the cross buy issues with the newly added legacy DLC seem to be fixed. If you are still having trouble make sure that you "rebuy" the PS3 / PS4 versions of the files.

General note to everyone: upvoting each others comments increases the cumulated amount of likes on this conversation and should attract more attention to the thread.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Lexx

89%
08 Rank
Progress
The_Lexx
Accepted Solution

These are business people. Their EA's will be on the ball. I need to ensure the Executive Assistants notice that this email / letter is going to both parties. A good EA will not risk the EO / CEO not knowing something another EO /CEO knows that relates to both. 

Once the EA passes on the letter / email, I need to ensure:

1. Get their attention with a well thought out opening line that appeals to their position.
  2. Be accurate and clear on the exact issue
  3. Tell them why only they can make this happen
  4. Be clear that we have pursued all avenue's
  5. Touch on their passion as fellow enthusiast / commonality
  6. Make it relevant, short and sweet
  7. Thank them.

I work with a lot of EOs and I have a fair idea of what makes them tick. They will only action something that is clear, simple, cannot be achieved by mere mortals, People have busted their gut and put in effort, they relate to our plight. Can fix it with the stroke of a key or a few words to an EA.

Now to do a little research on the two and look for some commonality that I can relate to us.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Lexx

89%
08 Rank
Progress
The_Lexx
Accepted Solution

I'm just going to hold off - looks like there is finally some movement happening...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/965584-Delays-with-PlayStation-DLC-in-the-EU?p=10661690&posted=...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

patdj182

88%
02 Rank
Progress
patdj182
Accepted Solution

That's great news! :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

R2_

84%
02 Rank
Progress
R2_
Accepted Solution

All of this weeks legacy tracks seem to have license issues. An updated list of all the cross-buy issues can be found here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1018996-Playstation-EU-DLC-problems

Please report the problems you've encountered and also if some of the issues have been fixed.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

R2_

84%
02 Rank
Progress
R2_
Accepted Solution

Another disappointing store update today. All the song packs added seem to have cross buy issues and in addition the Bush packs are priced too high. :Stupid:

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Lexx

89%
08 Rank
Progress
The_Lexx
Accepted Solution

Dear Sony,

Under Australian Consumer law and as advised by the ACCC, I am officially notifying you that I believe the product I purchased, Rocksmith 2014, for the Playstation 4 - does not work as advertised on both the game packaging, media releases and support forums. It is not compatible with the previous purchases I have made on the Playstation 3 (as advertised) and is therefore in breach of the 2011 Australian consumer guarantee as mandated by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.

The outcome I am seeking, in the first instance, is that the item (Rocksmith 2014 for the playstation 4 sold in the EU/AU region), to work as advertised at the date of purchase.

Whilst I appreciate that continuing upload errors on PSN, communication breakdowns between parties, changing timeframes and other issues have occurred. These problems are not mine. As the consumer (and under Australian consumer laws), I am entitled to (and I quote) "digital or physical items purchased electronically to be of acceptable quality, that is:

• safe, lasting, with no faults
  • look acceptable
  • do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.

Products must also:

• match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
  • match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
  • be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
  • come with full title and ownership
  • not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
  • come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
  • meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality, such as life time guarantees and money back offers
  • have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise.

Services must:

• be provided with acceptable care and skill or technical knowledge and taking all necessary steps to avoid loss and damage
  • be fit for the purpose or give the results that you and the business had agreed to
  • be delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date."

I have highlighted the provisions by which I believe Sony has breached the Australia Consumer guarantee. As I have notified you of the issues I believe affecting your product and the resolution I am seeking, I will now await an acknowledgement of your receipt of this post. If within 7 working days I have not had a response, I will escalate this issue to my State Consumer Protection Agency (The Department of Fair Trading), to lodge an official complaint for follow up.

Thank you for your time and a wonderful half working product.

Kind Regards,

xxxxx xxxxxx

[ Edited ]

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel