Problem Solved

View Original Post
18 Apr 2008
By xaborett

xaborett

46%
02 Rank
Progress

For the people who are getting the IP-Fragments message after a PS3 network test.

[ Edited ]
15 Replies 25,480 Views edited 18-04-2008
18 Apr 2008
By xaborett

Hi people.

This is for the people who are getting the IP-Fragments message when they are doing a network test.

This is the message: 

"Your router may not support IP-fragments and communication features of some games may be restricted"

It drove me crazy so im did some testing.

In my D-Link router (DIR-100) there is an "Enable DOS prevention" option. It is in the Firewall Settings page.

I get the IP-fragments message when i enable this option.

If i do not enable the option the message does not appear after the network test.

I dit not want to keep this to myself so here it is.

Greetings,

xaborett

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Bericht bewerkt door xaborett op 18-04-2008 12:19 PM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

UltimatePhoenix

60%
02 Rank
Progress
UltimatePhoenix
Accepted Solution
 Also change MTU setting to 1500 from inside your router, thats how I got rid of the message
0 Kudos

Re: For the people who are getting the IP-Fragments message after a PS3 network test.

360 : CR1MSON PHOENIX
PSN : UltimatePhoenix

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ELITE_SNIPER66

28%
02 Rank
Progress
ELITE_SNIPER66
Accepted Solution

Hi,

I was wondering how you fix the problem on a  d-link WBR-2310 rangebooster G router.

Plz respond i'm going crazy.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Re: For the people who are getting the IP-Fragments message after a PS3 network test.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xaborett

46%
02 Rank
Progress
xaborett
Accepted Solution

Hey man.

What kind of connection do you have?  DSL? Cable? Do you use wireless?

This is what i am thinking. Try the network test while your PS3 is hooked up with a ethernet cable .

Then you can rule out the wireless settings in your router.

I have seen some posts on another forum. The person lowered his MTU value in his playstation to 1492 but not in his router.

It was 1500 in his router.

Maybe you could try that. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheEagle24

21%
02 Rank
Progress
TheEagle24
Accepted Solution

check yoUR JACK (WHERE YOU PLUG IT INTO THE WALL) AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS  GOOD MAKE, MAKE SURE THAT THE CORD IS DIRECTLY IN, AND ITS NOT HANGING. mINE WASENT WORKIN FOR4 DAYS, AND I TRIED IT ON.... MY OWN THINKING...AND NOW I CAN CONNECT ONLINE.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

planet_lee

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
planet_lee
Accepted Solution

I find that I only get this error (when) you use a D-Link router & manually set your MTU on your PS3.
You can completely eliminate this message (and it's only a message, it doesn't actually change your online experience) if you set the MTU on your router to 1500 and set the same value on your PS3 network connection to 1500 also.

Your router will always control the MTU, but if you set the MTU on the PS3 network settings to the same [MAX VALUE], your network test will not find any fragments.

I.E. set both to 1500.

It'll work, Honestly. ;)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DominionMR

40%
02 Rank
Progress
DominionMR
Accepted Solution

well i am curious....

when i play online lets say lost planet 2 with 3 other people or borderlands or killzone 2 i have no problems but split second and lost planet 2 online (at least 8 ppl) i get kicked out

i do get that message ip fragments message when i run connect test but not always... prolly 3 times out of 10 tests.... i tried both wireless and wired connections... and results are the same

so is there a connection between ip frags and me getting kicked ??? it looks like the more ppl join the sooner i ll get out... weird but thats how it is.... but again sometimes i play for hours with no problems...

i know nothing about electronics so could u guys let me know what is going on before i mess something up? also it looks like i play on european servers or smth borderlands and split second especially, all the ppl i meet are from europe .... i have no idea why

thanx in advance

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Filo_slihP

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Filo_slihP
Accepted Solution

I am starting to wonder and/or think that PS3@network's has something to do with this

sort of problem. I thought it might have been a particular website i have been frequenting

that caused the problem for me, but after viewing all the same problem that a few many

have had in regards to this subject, i had a changed of thoughts. I'm starting to think

that after the recent hacking attack security was made really tight that it created this problem.

this is just a paranoid thought, and if i am wrong then sorry to have conceive these thoughts.

I can't wait for the new software upgrade and i bet and hope this IP Fragment problem

will be rectified...

I have read a few of the same problem we share with many others and experts seem to 

refer to MTU settings in the routers, but it has not improved nor rectified the problem?.

I'd share the information with when i find a solution to this particular problem as soon 

as i find it. I'm doing my own reasearch into this.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FARQ

23%
02 Rank
Progress
FARQ
Accepted Solution

your story is the same as mine in all aspects , the same 2 modems and all. so please let me know if you find a FIX & i will do the same .

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bwalker1234

28%
02 Rank
Progress
bwalker1234
Accepted Solution

I know this is an old thread, but I ran into this problem recently and the solutions described here did not work.  My solution may be unique to my router, a Medialink MWN-WAPR300N with a cable ISP provider and Motorola surfboard modem.  My solution was to disable uPnP.  I don't know how this will affect gaming as I primarily stream movies. 

First, via wireless I had a buffering problem, stream fell off every minute or so.  I plugged the PS3 directly into the modem.  The problem went away and uPnP showed up as  'not available'  during the Internet test.  I plugged directly into the router and I got the fragmet warning/error.  My router MTU and PS3 were already defaulted to 1500.  I don't have the DOS setting the the original poster mentioned (6 yrs ago, go figure).  Disabling uPnP did the trick.  I'll say it again because it may be important for a lot of users, I don't know how this will affect gaming.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Filo_slihP

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Filo_slihP
Accepted Solution

It is apparent that many online PS3 users are having the same problem as i do.

Everywhere i browse for answers on this particular problem it is all the same, regardless

the modem/router everyone is using to connect to their PS3 to the internet with. For some

- i have read (red) - that they can't access some "features" for certain games, but as for me 

even though i have the same problem, i am still able to connect and play games online.

I have seen the answers to solve this type of problem - after browsing through online - and

that the answer for solving this problem points to a feature called (MTU) Maximum

Transmission Unit. I am NOT a computer nor modem/router expert or technically educated

in these fields, but i have a fair, but somewhat knowledge of what is a modem/router and

didn't have to pay a technician to come over and help me set-up my "NETGEAR DGN 2000"

or my Thomson TG782T that i got free from my ISP. I do my reading from the manual and

knowledge base for my modem/router and i attempt to do my changes to my convenience, 

and if it doesn't work out and it presents a problem i just reboot the router back to it's original

way and i am able connect again. I have tried loweriing the MTU value in my NETGEAR -

values for this type of modem/router i have seen in the knowledge base manual - but still to

no avail. I have never had this problem from the start of my using this modem/router for more

than a year, even after upgrading the firmware for my NETGEAR.Is it really the MTU? is seems

like it isn't, If it is? could someone assist me a little please. I have spoken to NETGEAR tech

support, but unfortunately that tech support presentative wasn't able to help with their product i

bought for quite an expensive product, how disappointing is that, to buy a product and not get 

assistance for a fault, instead he was going to transfer my call to a thrid party company tech

support for a high-priced-paid-tech-support. That i think who will just con anyone for money and

tell them it will work, but as soon as you hang-up your gadget is in disarray, then you call back

and you have to pay for a few tech support answer that anyone can figure out that is

comprehensible in the manual, just to have your product revert back to original. Tech support is

a waste of time and money.If there is someone out there who has registered here and is PS3, modem/router conjuction with a fair amount of knowledge who happens to be a fellow PS3

lover like myself and thousands out there lend some support please?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Filo_slihP

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Filo_slihP
Accepted Solution

in continuation of my comment and enquiry for a little tech support on the subject matter

"For the people who are getting the IP-Fragments message after a PS3 network test."

The only problem i get is - am ceratin everyone is aware of - is that my "PS3 is unable to

read the download/upload speed estimates" 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ELITE_SNIPER66

28%
02 Rank
Progress
ELITE_SNIPER66
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.  We have cable internet.

I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tuba55

44%
02 Rank
Progress
tuba55
Accepted Solution

this fragment thing happens to me, i have a d-link, ill try it, thanks.

also, i still havent had eny luck with "error 800A3D(or something) you have been signed out of the playsation network". it always happens in single player games.can anyone help? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ELITE_SNIPER66

28%
02 Rank
Progress
ELITE_SNIPER66
Accepted Solution

Hi again,

I am still having problems with my network.  It still gives me the same message each time I do

an internet connection test.  I'm going nuts without my network.  My internet works perfect on the browser option

of my PS3 but my network keeps kicking me out.

Plz help

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

carl250481

80%
02 Rank
Progress
carl250481
Accepted Solution

I got this after the 2.20 update so what i did is DISabled DMZ on the router and ENable upnp on the router and the ps3 and now i dont get it. Hope this helps people.

0 Kudos

carl250481[B2K] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel