Problem Solved

View Original Post
12 Nov 2009
By rudboy1

rudboy1

95%
04 Rank
Progress

Has MW2 highlighted a need for PSN to CHARGE for its services????

35 Replies 2,467 Views Created 12-11-2009
12 Nov 2009
By rudboy1

This thread is an argument based on if PSN should cost money based on the problems MW2 has had

just wondering what you guys thought on this topic. With xbox severs running smoothly does it create the argument for sony to start charging us??

The way i look at it is lots of people are complaining about psn and mw2 on ps3. But we do not pay for the online service so do we realy have the right to argue? i believe yes but i think others may disagree

we can either have a free service which is not 100 percent dependable

Or a charged service which features better connection but at a cost

I hope PSN stays free as its what makes ps3 unique and stands out above 360. But im not sure if i would rather have a free service or a improved online service by paying a yearly fee.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

iTz_NaroM wrote:

englishgolfer wrote: 
though the ps3 has experienced online issues so has thexbox 360 with mw2. perhaps not on the scale as the ps3 but problems non the less. so paying doesn't solve everything, sadly

Erm the 360 has had no problems with MW2 what so ever. My brother has one (incidently in the same house as me) and has been playing practically constantly since it came out with not one hiccup. So not need to be good little fan boy and lying.

Its all well and good Infinity Ward/Activision moaning about a third party used to control the servers. Anyone bothered to look up the third party? Its an irish company called demonware. If you check their website http://www.demonware.net/ on the left hand side it says something very interesting. 

is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard Inc. 

There is no third party, its their own god dam company that is running the servers. You think they'd get it right wouldnt you?

To say they didnt expect the demand is ludicrous. They hyped it up so much, what did they expect? They know how much stock is going out and from pre orders they could have a rough idea of how many were going to be sold, then factor in people who didnt.

They have ballsed up big style and made me wish i got a 360 Elite for my birthday instead of a Slim. 

not wanting to start to throw mud i realise that i needed to back up what i wrote about both platforms having issues by providing links to other sites. as i said first, the ps3 has had major issues but xbox users have reported some problems. i only base this on reading on the net (and not by using one brother as an example.) as such here are some links to external websites that also write about it.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2009/11/11/modern-warfare-2-issues-fix-coming-soon/

http://forums.xbox.com/29947534/ShowPost.aspx

sorry for not providing the links early!

ps i'm not a fanboy and i don't lie - honest ;)

0 Kudos

Re: Has MW2 highlighted a need for PSN to CHARGE for its services????

Community Forum Events | Click for all things Uncharted!

To those who love the community, are the community, I salute you.
To those who don't properly understand the community and the role it plays, I turn, bend and drop my knickers. - QW

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MOONDOG-R-I-P

96%
02 Rank
Progress
MOONDOG-R-I-P
Accepted Solution

iTz_NaroM wrote:

englishgolfer wrote: 
though the ps3 has experienced online issues so has thexbox 360 with mw2. perhaps not on the scale as the ps3 but problems non the less. so paying doesn't solve everything, sadly

Erm the 360 has had no problems with MW2 what so ever. My brother has one (incidently in the same house as me) and has been playing practically constantly since it came out with not one hiccup. So not need to be good little fan boy and lying.

Its all well and good Infinity Ward/Activision moaning about a third party used to control the servers. Anyone bothered to look up the third party? Its an irish company called demonware. If you check their website http://www.demonware.net/ on the left hand side it says something very interesting. 

There is no third party, its their own god dam company that is running the servers. You think they'd get it right wouldnt you?

To say they didnt expect the demand is ludicrous. They hyped it up so much, what did they expect? They know how much stock is going out and from pre orders they could have a rough idea of how many were going to be sold, then factor in people who didnt.

They have ballsed up big style and made me wish i got a 360 Elite for my birthday instead of a Slim. 

take it your brother never played mw1 when it first came out because i did (on 360) and every nite around 5 ish xbl would shat itself and not only could i not play mw1 but any other online game for that matter even a 1 on 1 tiger woods game of golf was not possible(and it went on for months) but hey thats xbl and its fine but when psn has a problem people are all over it like a rash yet its a free service and all your other games work fine online what gives really?
Message Edited by MOONDOG-R-I-P on 14-11-2009 08:23 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SniperSam

92%
02 Rank
Progress
SniperSam
Accepted Solution

iTz_NaroM wrote:

englishgolfer wrote: 

Well if you feel like that than why not trade the slim in along with any games and get an XBOX 360,you'll have more than enough £££/store credit  to do that,that way your wish will come true.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

neilp1982

90%
03 Rank
Progress
neilp1982
Accepted Solution

How has MW2 highlighted the need for Sony to charge for PSN? It has highlighted nothing, it wasn't the PSN that went down, Activision's servers buckled under the 1 million plus users that tried to get online, therefore Activision's servers gaveway. The only thing Sony was at fault for was agreeing the the invite system, which is still pants in my opinion, but its working now so meh.

So effectivly, the title of the thread is pointless.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

By the looks of the things going wrong with the Ps3 version it's possible it deliberate activision to try & stop people defecting from 360 to Ps3 as we all know activision don't seem to like ps3 owers anyway.

Paying for a server doesn't mean that it will work as effective.

Anyway  HaHa! to all who bought it 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rudboy1

95%
04 Rank
Progress
rudboy1
Accepted Solution
just to clarify. ive read the reason party inviting doesnt work is because psn servers were overloaded and the game status wudnt update. e.g under your psn name it would say your in the main menu when really your in a online game. This is also why yesterday people were experiencing problems signing in to psn
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

markngaz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
markngaz
Accepted Solution

im so sick of this  crap,   no no no no no no no no no no,   the psn sould always be free this is what sets the ps3 apart,   

so can we stop with the psn payment crap pls   

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Iwantmemum118

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Iwantmemum118
Accepted Solution

No, all it has done is to show that infinity ward are rubish at programming for the PS3. It is about time that programmers should program on the ps3 then port the games to xbox, not the other way round as they do now.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

procion

88%
04 Rank
Progress
procion
Accepted Solution
I'm of the opinion that psn should offer everything we get at the moment for free, and the amount of your average magazine subscription for a platinum service, which would include first options on demoing game betas, ringtones for incoming msgs, 24hr customer support with friendly, helpful staff with the authority to fix sonys various stuff ups and to recompense us with free stuff for said fustuff ups instead of empty sorries(we're STILL waiting for Dragonage, which is out in SCEA & on 360 & PC ports, thanks EA/Sony, get your acts together, literally). i dont think a payed service would have changed Activisions enormous eff up with MW2 online. And no theres absolutely NO excuse for the probs therein. Thats why we have QA. Add to that Activisions greed in milking us for an extra 20% on top of the usual high price we pay for games(Activision said 'We know people will pay anything for MW2' so they believe they can get away with overcharging and milking us for a title which doesnt even work properly yet. Shame).
0 Kudos

Good points raised

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rudboy1

95%
04 Rank
Progress
rudboy1
Accepted Solution
thats a great idea actually. A free service and a cost service with bonuses. That would be a good descion for sony to introduce that
0 Kudos

Re: Good points raised

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

thecremlin

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
thecremlin
Accepted Solution
Definately not.  I thnk Sony have it just right.  As others have suggested PSN itself wasn't the problem.  I'm not a MW fan so the specifics don't interest me except that while all my m8s that had bought it were not playing it I was quite happily online in Uncharted 2 with those that hadn't :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

no dude. The servers were overloaded as the servers couldnt hold the capacity of how many players were online. More people are buying PS3's and i guess the servers were not ready for this demand. There sorted now so no need to worry. Xbox servers were only running smoothly because theres werent overloaded not enough players

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BritishBlue

61%
05 Rank
Progress
BritishBlue
Accepted Solution

I'm sorry but do you happen to be mentally retarded?

You actually want them to charge you for PSN on the basis of PSN being down for 3 bloody days...there are 365 days in a year and the PSN works perfectly fine for the vast majority of them. The day Sony start charging for PSN, I will sell it and go back to PC gaming. I pay my ISP for the privilage of an internet connection, online gaming is not a privilage and I refuse to pay out of principle. When you buy a PS3 you get ALL of it's features in one box with no limits to it's use other than a broadband connection, I hope that this will never change.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hell-Raiser-85

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Hell-Raiser-85
Accepted Solution
No. keep it the way it is.
Message Edited by Hell-Raiser-85 on 17-11-2009 02:23 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel