ResonantAce

24%
02 Rank
Progress

PS3 stuck at NAT 3?

3 Replies 123 Views Created 4 weeks ago
29 Oct 2017
By ResonantAce

My PS3 is stuck at NAT 3 no matter what settings I have changed.  Game demos and games downloaded fine, but not game updates.  I tried a wired connection to my router and wireless connection which had the same outcome.  I set my PS3's IP address to 192.168.0.222 and DNS to my router settings to make sure it wouldn't be already assigned and then registered it in my router for a static IP address using the MAC address in system info.  After this I forwarded all the ports that were recommended.  I turned of the router and PS3 for about 10 minutes and then tried to download a game update.  This gave me Error 80710102.  I then changed my DNS to open DNS and reset the router and PS3 again, to the same error.  I then tried adding the PS3 to the DMZ instead, and now got error 80710723.  Finally, I changed the PS3's DNS to the Google DNS and left the router off for 30 minutes.  Upon starting the PS3, I am able to download game updates without a problem, but I'm still getting warnings that my NAT type is strict (it still has open ports and is in the DMZ).  (I am using a TP-Link ArcherC5 V2.)

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
99%
15 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Who is your ISP, are you on a shared connection, where in the world are you?

0 Kudos

PS3 stuck at NAT 3?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ResonantAce

24%
02 Rank
Progress
ResonantAce
Accepted Solution

My ISP is Spartan-Net, a fiber optic company based in Lansing, Michigan.  It is not a shared connection, and the only other thing on the router is my PC wire in.

0 Kudos

PS3 stuck at NAT 3?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HnKyChNkYmNkY69

51%
02 Rank
Progress
HnKyChNkYmNkY69
Accepted Solution

I will be waiting for a solution too. I'm on ps4 in university housing where I cannot access router settings unfortunately..

0 Kudos

PS3 stuck at NAT 3?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel