Da-Hedgie

41%
02 Rank
Progress

>>Please add the ability to remove our own trophies!<<

22 Replies 1,335 Views Created 29-05-2010
29 May 2010
By Da-Hedgie

Dear Sony: I am here as a simple consumer, with a simple wish, the wish that you may grant the users the ability to remove their own trophies if they so wish.

I see that you(Sony) as well as maybe a number of other Playstation users may be asking yourselves as to why I may be proposing such a request? I have a few reasons as to why the feature would be necessary.

Note that this is not an attack on the real completionists, this is adding reasons why this feature would be a good addition, whether or not for this feature to be included with the premium PSN or for it to be patched in the future for the regular PSN users.

The trophy collectors, from the polls that I have seen, a large amount of them are completionists, so that means that and a lot of us enjoys the list of their trophies to be organized. And that is contradicted when the following things may occur when we simply cannot earn a full 100% trophy list. Here it is:

-The game contains online multiplayer trophies and the server have later been shut down by the developers or publishers for various reasons. Hosting online servers costs money, I get it, but perhapses that they shouldn't have made the online trophies to begean with if they weren't planning on keeping the servers up for more than a few years? For a game with online trophies, and with the servers being forever down would mean that the Platinum trophy, let alone a 100% list would be just impossible. And in the players eyes it should utterly unacceptable and the only solution to that so far is deleting the trophy list for the game if the player have already started on it.(Examples are: MLB 09: The Show, NBA 09: The Inside, Tom Clancy's Endwar and The Lord of the Rings: Conquest)

-The game contains glitched trophies and the developers have since made no plans to fix it

The title says it all, class act on the developers huh? The problem could be solved if the player have the ability to delete the list for that game and try not to remember he's everpurchased it.

(Examples is NBA 2K10. Though you can count Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and for the fact that the players who've played the game before downloading the patch which came out afterwards could never get the platinum trophy for the game itself)

-The DLC for the game is simply unattainable 

Now this may come in two forms, it could be that the DLC is simply not released for the country's/region's store even though the game itself was released in that region(Bioshock, Borderlands off the top of my head), or that the developers have taken it down(Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2). This will prevent the player from ever reaching the 100% in the trophy bars, even though they may have the platinum trophy for the game already. The Bioshock bar will forever remain at 84% for everyone who have bought the Asian copy unless the developers releases the DLC in the Asian region or Sony would allow it's users to delete their own trophies. And I am sure that there are many other examples out there.

-The Rentals, the friends, and others

For whatever reason, the player may pop in a game in their PS3, and as soon as they start up the game the trophy list will be engrained into the user's page and PSN, it could be that they've rented a game from a store or that their friends popped the game into their PS3 and just started playing it in the user's page, and a lot of other reasons such as renting a game with glitched trophies or trophies that are unattainable because the servers are now down permanently, for whatever reason, they are stuck with those, and they have no way to remove them though they may wish that they could.

I hope that Sony could read and consider this in the future. I would appreciate thoughts on this subject from the rest of the community as well.

Copypasta from the name changing message, I didn't change it as nothing needs to be changed.

If you support this idea, please post below. The more exposure, the more replies. The more replies, the bigger chance Sony addresses the issue! Maybe if we get enough supporters they will offer, at least, some type of customer support to make this possible.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mattshill

45%
02 Rank
Progress
mattshill
Accepted Solution

I had a few guys in my University flat earn afew FIFA, Call of Juarez and Tom Clanceys HAWKS on my PSN and it makes me feel as if the trophies and my level arn't all my effrots. That and there attrocious games I'd never play and people might think I've no taste.

0 Kudos

Re: >>Please add the ability to remove our own trophies!<<

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JarvisLeo

24%
02 Rank
Progress
JarvisLeo
Accepted Solution
Totally agree!!! Bought the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 after the dlc removed. no way i can get the dlc, and they not even have a full version (including all dlcs) to sell..thumb down!!!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution

Won't happen you should let other players play games on a temporary second user profile that you can delete whenever you want if it bothers you having unwanted trophies on your account.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution
The only valid reason for being able to delete trophy information in my opinion, is when NO trophies have been gained (borrowed / rented game, etc).

Otherwise... NO!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Nakatsu_Hime wrote:
The only valid reason for being able to delete trophy information in my opinion, is when NO trophies have been gained (borrowed / rented game, etc).

Otherwise... NO!

But aren't trophies a sign of the games you've played and enjoyed so people have an understanding of the games you like AND don't like?

So if you have 100% on one game that shows you really enjoyed that game (or it should do! Some people just seem to play any old trash just for a few trophies :Shame:)

And If you have a game with 0% or a few percent then that shows you most likely didn't like the game, or had the time to play it.

Wanting to deleting them is just daft to me, why cover your tracks of yourself as a gamer?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:

Nakatsu_Hime wrote:

Otherwise... NO!

But aren't trophies a sign of the games you've played and enjoyed so people have an understanding of the games you like AND don't like?

So if you have 100% on one game that shows you really enjoyed that game (or it should do! Some people just seem to play any old trash just for a few trophies :Shame:)

And If you have a game with 0% or a few percent then that shows you most likely didn't like the game, or had the time to play it.

Wanting to deleting them is just daft to me, why cover your tracks of yourself as a gamer?

:Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution
Fair point, and one that I agree with.

I myself would never bother to delete trophy information, but it was the only situation to which there was a slight justification.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ScaryHair71

80%
02 Rank
Progress
ScaryHair71
Accepted Solution
I would LOVE the chance to delete my pants trophies because some of the games I got where to try to see what I whould like to play on Bionic Commando and Bio shock being the main 2 that I have no interest in replaying or even remembering that I had ever owned.
I am not in any way a hard core gamer and I understand why amongst those who are this option would be sacrilege but for me it would be handy make things on my profile neater. Or some way like a hidden widow where I don't have to look at them.
0 Kudos

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 4 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore. NOT BUYING THE VITA.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution
You have a hidden widow? Do the authorities know about this?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Iiah

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Iiah
Accepted Solution

we will get "help! i removed trophies! i want them back! NOW!" threads (lot of them) instantly.

so - NO, don't fix what isn't broken. leave as it is.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mightyowl28

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Mightyowl28
Accepted Solution

we could just have a 'hide trophys' function, that lets you hide certain games from your trophy list, but not from your actual SEN account, I'd really like that as I have loads of games I didnt complete/PSN games that turned out to be tripe on my list

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Starskos

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Starskos
Accepted Solution

I totally agree OP... i have trophies for streets of rage and MW3 etc which i no longer own and have no intention of ever playing again. I'd love to have the option to delete trophies like these.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

makes trophies even more pointles than they already are?

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution

So Starskos, let's follow this through...

Say you have numerous game trophies that ''I no longer own and have no intention of ever playing again", and you delete the aforementioned trophy information.

Don't come moaning to us when your PSN level goes down a few notches.

What's the point in the deletions? Do you spend hours pouring through your profile and holding your head in shame at the sight of those games' trophies that "I no longer own and have no intention of ever playing again"?

Why needlessly complicate things?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Starskos

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Starskos
Accepted Solution

Fair point... at the end of the day it's not a biggy, i appreciate the complications... but as the topic was brought up i thought i'd share my opinion, they are trophies.

Trophy = "An object, usually in the form of a statuette, cup, or shield, awarded for sucess in a competition or to mark a special achievement"

Some of my trophies are hard earned, deserved and i'm pround to show off but the ones i've gained just from playing a game for a few hours i don't care for, they are just clutter. To me they are not valued achievements and if i could delete them i would.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

muskatattoo

31%
02 Rank
Progress
muskatattoo
Accepted Solution

Personally, I mostly do not understand what the problem is such that you would like the vast majority of players (and the rest would not mind) was introduced long ago! .. And I ask you, who has such an interest, the players desired option so long to build on the back burner? Even such a large company (or perhaps because) such as Sony, should hear the voice of their users .. But as it seems, two (Sony and Microsoft) are probably a few users (players) do not have much option to change .. - And they are did not seem very well are aware ..
                                                                           Hello

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution
With the latest Firmware you can hide games.......

-------------------------------
Beer for anyone who remembers who I am. I've changed a lot, so I'm no longer that awkward immature teenager.
-------------------------------

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Allruna

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Allruna
Accepted Solution

Yes, you can now hide all trophies on your account, or you can hide the trophies for individual games. Also, you can disable trophy notifications. You can do all of these things from the PS3 XMB menu.

The firmware update 4.50 was launched about a month ago: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/01/ps3-system-software-update-v-4-50-launches-this-week/

I'm locking this thread as the topic is no longer relevant, and it's a very old thread.

0 Kudos

(Account no longer in use)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Didn't they release or were planning on releasing a reward system relating to trophies in the US but just haven't made it avaliable to EU.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Muttykins wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Didn't they release or were planning on releasing a reward system relating to trophies in the US but just haven't made it avaliable to EU.

Since when?Never heard of it.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel