on 24-03-2009 12:37 AM
I'v been watching Scurbs on E4 lately and i have been noticing a lot of scenes been shortened and very badly imo.
earlier watching the episode where Turk has sex dreams about Elliot i spotted about 5 different scenes cut down in the first part alone.
1) The first sex dream, shortened down to about 2 seconds, im pretty sure its meant to be about 7
2) the German talking about needing a space heater, or a busty nurse, on E4 he doesnt say busty nurse but still says thank you when Laverne walks in, making that scene ultiamately not funny.
3) the conversation with the janitor, i recall a big conversation about how he saw his *****, on E4 he just says you should get it checked out then it ends, that conversation is very funny aswell.
4) the second sex dream Turk doesnt even have time to raise his hand to ***** elliot, in the full ep he spanks her twice.
5) After the second sex dream, he tells The Todd hes having sex dreams about Elliiot then the scene end, no sexuall inuendo off the Todd, which im sure is there.
This is kinda ruining the experience, because they are cutting out really funny jokes just so they can get more time in for advertising, why cant BBC just own every show thats worth watching, now adverts have a found a new way of ruining our proggramming.
yes i do watch too much scrubs to actualy spot the missing scenes, but some of them are quite obvious.
on 24-03-2009 12:49 AM
I'm an avid fan of Scrubs, having watched all the episodes up to date, but I still regularly watch the old episodes whenever I see them on, but I simply stopped bothering watching them on E4 because they completely and utterly butcher them - They cut out every lewd comment, every insinuating action, and anything sexually provocative - All of which contribute into making Scrubs as absolutely hilarious as it is.
Would recommend watching Scrubs on Paramount Comedy (Soon to be Comedy Central), they don't censor any of it on there, apart from during the day the "harsher" words might get muted out, but they don't cut scenes.
on 24-03-2009 07:21 AM
on 24-03-2009 08:18 AM
on 24-03-2009 10:18 PM
on 25-03-2009 01:10 AM
On today's episode when JD was thinking about his dream job where he'd have an office made out of chocolate stuff it cut out the part where he eats Turk's hand.
I've noticed they also cut bits out of the Simpsons aswell.
I was watching that aswell and noticed another part that was really badly done, i mean shockingly to the point where it sounded like one of those montages that strings different words said from the same person together to make a new sentance.
Turk: Leslie Stevens
JD: YES! On a pilot coach with hundreds of people around... what a *****!!
Carla: Who else, Who else did you bang
JD: Carla, college wasnt all sex and ???, Spenc here got me through a lot of hard times.
*the parts in bold were cut out the scene.
now seriously that is one of my favourite episodes but i got to the candyman part and i couldnt watch it.
even more annoying is im saving up for car insurance and what not so i cant get the DVDs and Paramount Comedy wont series link for some reason, might work when it changes to CC though.
i do find it quite ironic im complaining about somethings thats basically there to stop people complaining. XD
on 25-03-2009 01:16 AM
To post a message, you will need to Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password.
If you do not yet have a PSN account, just click here to register.
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]