24 Mar 2009
Playstation Staff

E4 & Scrubs, What the hell?

17 Replies 1,125 Views Created 24-03-2009

I'v been watching Scurbs on E4 lately and i have been noticing a lot of scenes been shortened and very badly imo.

earlier watching the episode where Turk has sex dreams about Elliot i spotted about 5 different scenes cut down in the first part alone.

1) The first sex dream, shortened down to about 2 seconds, im pretty sure its meant to be about 7

2) the German talking about needing a space heater, or a busty nurse, on E4 he doesnt say busty nurse but still says thank you when Laverne walks in, making that scene ultiamately not funny.

3) the conversation with the janitor, i recall a big conversation about how he saw his *****, on E4 he just says you should get it checked out then it ends, that conversation is very funny aswell.

4) the second sex dream Turk doesnt even have time to raise his hand to ***** elliot, in the full ep he spanks her twice.

5) After the second sex dream, he tells The Todd hes having sex dreams about Elliiot then the scene end, no sexuall inuendo off the Todd, which im sure is there.

This is kinda ruining the experience, because they are cutting out really funny jokes just so they can get more time in for advertising, why cant BBC just own every show thats worth watching, now adverts have a found a new way of ruining our proggramming.  

yes i do watch too much scrubs to actualy spot the missing scenes, but some of them are quite obvious.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (1,125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: E4 & Scrubs, What the hell?

I'm an avid fan of Scrubs, having watched all the episodes up to date, but I still regularly watch the old episodes whenever I see them on, but I simply stopped bothering watching them on E4 because they completely and utterly butcher them - They cut out every lewd comment, every insinuating action, and anything sexually provocative - All of which contribute into making Scrubs as absolutely hilarious as it is.

Would recommend watching Scrubs on Paramount Comedy (Soon to be Comedy Central), they don't censor any of it on there, apart from during the day the "harsher" words might get muted out, but they don't cut scenes.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (1,123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

They have been doing this for quite a long time, I also find it annoying which is why I try to avoid watching it on tv and get the full experience on the scrubs dvds instead.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (1,106 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i used to watch scrubs on both paramount and E4 but it became too much and just clutterred my Sky+, i might have to go back to paramount because E4 is just getting stupid now.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (1,099 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yeh id wacth it on paramount.
I cant be bothered to think of a good signature.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (1,090 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I tend to notice when certain parts have been edited out.  Like you say, sometimes it completely ruins the joke which is quite annoying.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (1,076 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

On today's episode when JD was thinking about his dream job where he'd have an office made out of chocolate stuff it cut out the part where he eats Turk's hand. :smileyindifferent:

I've noticed they also cut bits out of the Simpsons aswell.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (1,064 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I noticed this aswell, it's done very badly. This is why I stick to just watching them all on the internets now.
TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (1,059 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Diddymow wrote:

On today's episode when JD was thinking about his dream job where he'd have an office made out of chocolate stuff it cut out the part where he eats Turk's hand. :smileyindifferent:

I've noticed they also cut bits out of the Simpsons aswell.

I was watching that aswell and noticed another part that was really badly done, i mean shockingly to the point where it sounded like one of those montages that strings different words said from the same person together to make a new sentance.

Turk: Leslie Stevens

JD: YES! On a pilot coach with hundreds of people around... what a *****!!

Carla: Who else, Who else did you bang

JD: Carla, college wasnt all sex and ???, Spenc here got me through a lot of hard times.

*the parts in bold were cut out the scene. 

now seriously that is one of my favourite episodes but i got to the candyman part and i couldnt watch it.

even more annoying is im saving up for car insurance and what not so i cant get the DVDs and Paramount Comedy wont series link for some reason, might work when it changes to CC though.

i do find it quite ironic im complaining about somethings thats basically there to stop people complaining. XD

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (1,054 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I noticed that when its on earlier in the day it cuts bits out, but when I watch it at 1am onwards its all there.

No idea why it happens though.

Scrubs for thy win!

JOIN THE REVOLUCION
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (1,052 Views)
0 Kudos