09 Sep 2010
By: chopperjoblin Member 856 Posts
Level 3

The Walking Dead series on FX

[ Edited ]
319 Replies 1,877 Views edited 09-09-2010

Coming to FX this November is a new series called The Walking Dead directed by Frank Darabont ( the guy who directed The Shawshank Redemption,The Green Mile and The Mist ), it is based on a comic book series of the same name. 

It tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the country in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer before the apocalypse happened. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive.

Personally i'm really looking forward to this especially as I have been reading through the graphic novels and they are brilliant.

If you enjoy your zombie films I really recommend picking these books up and check out the trailer for the series.

.Check the link below for trailer and enjoy

http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/post/1003934602/hey-guys-this-is-what-youve-all-been-waiting

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 320 (1,877 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: The Walking Dead series on FX

Want!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 320 (1,873 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

It's being advetised on FX to start on November 5th with a 90 min pilot episode.

Cannot wait

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 320 (1,811 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Saw the trailer bout a month and a half ago and was blown away. I was a reader of the comic up until.... the plot twist at issue 42(i think it was).

But it looks like their doing it justice. Only thing is that the acting better be good.

I am a moth
who just wants to share your light
I'm just an insect trying
to get out of the night
I am still with you
because there are no others
You are all I need
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 320 (1,783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Have been reading the trade paperbacks and just finished volume 9 which contains issues 49-54 and just purchased the next 2 volumes.

I have been following the progress of this since it was first mentioned that it was being made.

I read a few reviews from some advanced showings and its sounding very positive

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 320 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Can't bloody wait!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 320 (1,728 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I'm, a big fan of Andrew Lincoln, the lead guy in the show. Loved him in Teachers back on Channel 4... Good to see him doing well in America!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 320 (1,702 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Shimmus wrote:
I'm, a big fan of Andrew Lincoln, the lead guy in the show. Loved him in Teachers back on Channel 4... Good to see him doing well in America!

I first saw him in This Life as Egg, fully deserves the wider exposure as he's a fine TV actor.

Can't wait for this show as well, looks right up my street.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 320 (1,687 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

BUMP. Did anyone watch the pilot then?

It leaked last week or so, I watched it then.

Pretty good, it's been getting really good reviews all across the board. I can't say how it holds up against the graphic novels as I've never read them, but my friend who has really liked the show.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 320 (1,548 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

xshaihuludx wrote:

BUMP. Did anyone watch the pilot then?

It leaked last week or so, I watched it then.

Pretty good, it's been getting really good reviews all across the board. I can't say how it holds up against the graphic novels as I've never read them, but my friend who has really liked the show.

Loved it! even the wife thought it was excellent!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 320 (1,547 Views)
0 Kudos