Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: 8 out of 10 cats.

I watched this and thought it was quite good, he did a convincing job of appearing very sorry.

You know it's bad when loius spence is taking the p out of you.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29 (213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

hey hey

out of the 7 people sitting there. How many do you think actually pay their "full" tax ?

also Jimmy Carr has said he has left the K2 scheme but hasn't actually said that he would repay the tax or how much tax he is now paying.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

most people would do it if they thought they could get away with it and it was legal.

I said he did well at appearing sorry, whether he is or not I dunno, he still makes me laugh but he now seems like a hypocrite when going on about bankers etc not paying tax.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I know I would do it and I technically do and I am planning to do more :smileyhappy:

Salary sacrifice schemes are a way to reduce NI
Pension AVC's help reduce tax
Childcare Vouchers are a Tax free government backed scheme (awesome btw)
ISA's are a tax free annual saving scheme

K2 is certainly more of a deliberate avoidance scheme being used other than it was intended but just because hoi poloi don't have the funds at that level doesn't mean we don't reduce/avoid/evade our taxes every way we can.

PERSONALLY I would support a flat rate scheme as I do not agree with the 0/20/40/50 % approach to taxes. I would say that it is just as unfair to tax higher income earners more especially as they take less out and use less services.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29 (194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I dont think anyone in history has paid more tax than they have to on purpose. If my account told me to only pay a pound its all i legally owed, then thats all I would pay, Id be a mug to pay any more.

Truth is, he only said sorry because its a recession and lots of people are having it hard.

Im not fond of the guy, and I do feel bitter that I pay more tax, but not bitter at him, bitter at the system cause It's always been like this, there have always been ways for people with money not to pay tax on it.

I mean hes not the super rich elite, in comparasion hes just an ordinary guy, and thats the only reason we are hearing about it, how dare a normal person get away without paying tax, how dare they.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Mikal_Drey wrote:

PERSONALLY I would support a flat rate scheme as I do not agree with the 0/20/40/50 % approach to taxes. I would say that it is just as unfair to tax higher income earners more especially as they take less out and use less services.

Exactly, there is no logic at all in making high earners pay a higher percentage in tax. We should set the tax free personal allowance at around £15k and then tax everything over that at a flat rate of 30%, or whatever. Get rid of National Insurance too, it isn't needed.

The well off would still be paying more, and paying tax on a higher proportion of their income.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

National insurance is a bit of a scam. If it worked like its supposed to in theory going to pensions and the likes it would be perfect.

But the government just spends it on other things, and then when you get old, they give you a stupid pension and dont really care about you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29 (182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

National insurance is a bit of a scam. If it worked like its supposed to in theory going to pensions and the likes it would be perfect.

Either way they may as well just make it part of income tax though. It is based on income.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29 (176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The show was pretty predictable. Would loved to of seen him use the time to say it like it is, TRUTH, open up the debate. Could of been so different, could of been like Jimmy Carr Tax Martyr.

Man up Carr!

"This is scarycharacter, for News at Ten. Inside The Official Playstation Forum"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29 (168 Views)
0 Kudos