Level 5

Re: Android discussion thread.

[ Edited ]

Sony confirmed no ICS for the Xperia Play (on 25th) afterall could have picked a better date to say so this is the window it was scheduled for (late may/early june)

Think I might have to get a HTC incredible S instead come June atleast it gets ICS. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1221 of 1,361 (241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

Some little niggets that I didn't realise the Galaxy S3 had.

It has an RGB notification LED which I've always be quite fond of when I've seen a similar thing on the blackberry phones.

It also features wolfson DAC audio. Now I don't pretend to know everything about audio, but from the gist of things I am led to believe that it is a good thing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1222 of 1,361 (235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Why the Incredible S?

It's rather... dated at this stage no?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1223 of 1,361 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

James91 wrote:
Why the Incredible S?

It's rather... dated at this stage no?

Budget is about £200 - £230.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1224 of 1,361 (228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

You could probably pick up a nearly new HTC Sensation or Galaxy S2 for around that price on eBay at this stage.

Nexus S is also a good shout too for that budget, was £199 new at Christmas.

Pity ASDA sold out of the Evo 3D as it was a good price http://direct.asda.com/HTC-Evo-3D-Android-Mobile-Phone/008718410,default,pd.html
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1225 of 1,361 (209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Dannehkins wrote:

Some little niggets that I didn't realise the Galaxy S3 had.

It has an RGB notification LED which I've always be quite fond of when I've seen a similar thing on the blackberry phones.

It also features wolfson DAC audio. Now I don't pretend to know everything about audio, but from the gist of things I am led to believe that it is a good thing.

Intrestingly enough HTC used an RGB noticication LED on the Desire, not sure about the Nexus, and not sure about other HTC phones, HTC just used it for the standard green and orange, but apps like go messenger I think it was can use other colours.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1226 of 1,361 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

James91 wrote:
You could probably pick up a nearly new HTC Sensation or Galaxy S2 for around that price on eBay at this stage.

Pity ASDA sold out of the Evo 3D as it was a good price http://direct.asda.com/HTC-Evo-3D-Android-Mobile-Phone/008718410,default,pd.html

Nexus is out the window with no sd expansion is a no buy on top of not upgrade path to ICS and not a big fan of "3D" phones so it leaves the sensation or S2 then I guess. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1227 of 1,361 (198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

AstroZombie1 wrote:

James91 wrote:

Nexus is out the window with no sd expansion is a no buy on top of not upgrade path to ICS and not a big fan of "3D" phones so it leaves the sensation or S2 then I guess. 

No you're stuck with 16GB on the Nexus S but it does have ICS, it was one of the first to get it as an OTA update (well, if you ignore that they rolled it out, then stopped and then rolled it out again).

Runs pretty well even with a LWP http://youtu.be/mtOAtmSHqGE?hd=1

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1228 of 1,361 (194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

The droid razr seems worth a shot too tbh. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1229 of 1,361 (176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Bar the PenTile screen it was pretty good but if it were me I'd look at the Droid Razr Maxx.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1230 of 1,361 (165 Views)
0 Kudos