Speaking of Persona..... LOL

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3791 of 4,073 (143 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Anime Haven.

I just started watching this Danshi Koukousei No Nichijou (The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys) out of curiousity. It sounded like your typical fujoshi garbage but its pretty damn funny especially this part from episode 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6leL_yv34cQ&feature=related
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3792 of 4,073 (134 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The ending is pretty cool too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zllwFwSQ-w&feature=related

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3793 of 4,073 (131 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3794 of 4,073 (113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I'm a bit gutted on how little choice anime is on blu-ray. Will they release more anime on blu-ray? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3795 of 4,073 (90 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

JohnJBurge wrote:

I'm a bit gutted on how little choice anime is on blu-ray. Will they release more anime on blu-ray? 

Yes, there doesn't seem to be a lot of anime on blu-ray over here. I almost bought the blu-ray version of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood box set 1 but changed my mind at the last moment and got the regular dvd version instead. Glad I did, since they cancelled the blu-ray versions over here midway through the series. I only way I think to get the blu-ray discs was to import them.

Since then, I decided just to buy any future anime on dvd.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3796 of 4,073 (81 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Gordy09 wrote:

JohnJBurge wrote:

Yes, there doesn't seem to be a lot of anime on blu-ray over here. I almost bought the blu-ray version of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood box set 1 but changed my mind at the last moment and got the regular dvd version instead. Glad I did, since they cancelled the blu-ray versions over here midway through the series. I only way I think to get the blu-ray discs was to import them.

Since then, I decided just to buy any future anime on dvd.

Yeah Anime on Blu-ray in the UK is terrible.

Like Fullmetal Alchemist theres been a few series that Manga started bringing out only to cancel after the first disc, because they didnt sell as well as Manga had hoped. Funny thing is if you talk to a lot of fans they will say they didnt buy the first disc because they wanted to see if Manga would release the second on Blu ray.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3797 of 4,073 (76 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Is there really any point to anime on Blu-ray though? It can't do that much for the picture quality, surely?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3798 of 4,073 (72 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Dr_Kung wrote:
Is there really any point to anime on Blu-ray though? It can't do that much for the picture quality, surely?

Yep! It makes a big difference. I watched Origin on blu-ray and straight after I watched 5 Centimeters Per Second on DVD, even though it's a good film it looked really crap! Evangelion is a perfect example of how good anime looks on blu-ray.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3799 of 4,073 (69 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm still not sold on Blu-ray though as a format for films. I watch stuff for its content rather than its picture quality, which is kind of crazy seeing as anime depends heaviy on its picture quality and animation. I'm more about the story..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3800 of 4,073 (66 Views)
0 Kudos