Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Any thoughts, input on this?

[ Edited ]

It's a funny story. After a night out with my mate, I went round his boyfriends house, who happened to be Polish.

They had an overfilled house, to be expected, and when they heard me and my friend, and our other friend who was with us, all speaking English with the Polish boyfriend and his mother, one of the males in the household, typical bald 'Romper Stomper' look, murmuring to what seemed like his girlfriend "ENGLISH, I CAN HEAR ENGLISH PEOPLE, I WANNA KILL THEM"

No word of a lie, the Polish boyfriend was also showing us licenses that he had a right to bear arms or something like that, over in Poland anyway or something, and he was showing us pics on his phone of him with weapons.

Yeah, I thought I was gonna get stabbed or shot or something being in that house. Don't get me wrong, the Polish mother was lovely. Offering me so much food and drink. xD Possibly poisoned, but she was eating it herself, so I doubt it.

Moral of the story, why was this person in England, where it's an English speaking country, whilst wanting to kill any English?

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Moral of the story, why was this person in England, where it's an English speaking country, whilst wanting to kill any English?

Got a passport from an EU country and you're welcome it seems.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26 (189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

Anyway, given the origins of our Royal Family wouldn't a German football strip have been more appropriate? That would have enraged the Brits and the Poles . Win-win :Thumbs:

Not sure about it enraging the Poles, I saw that documentry some time back that Ross Kemp did about the Polish footy thugs and it seemed that their game has many right wing Nazi supporters involved.

That is indeed curious, but I very much doubt that the knuckle-dragging troglodytes in question represent the views of the average Polish person.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Got a passport from an EU country and you're welcome it seems.

If Greece leaves the Euro and their economy falls through the floor (as it will) we'll probably all end up with lots of new Greek friends!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26 (178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Well if I get any Greek Goddess types wearing skimpy blue and white striped bikini's running around my garden hose to cool down next summer I'll be sure to come here and complain all about it, the bloody cheek.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26 (165 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

i can't see anything wrong in it. let the kid wear his polish football kit - it will make him feel part of the celebrations as he's wearing one of the colours asked for. knowing kids, if he showed up in normal clothes to school he would have been given a lot of stick for being different.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26 (154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

LordRoss wrote:

dannyjt wrote:
Or perhaps it was something with the colours on and he wanted to wear it?

Yea I was thinking that too.  With Poland being red and white it matches the colour scheme of the party (despite representing a different country).

But let's say you moved to Poland and they were having a hugh national holiday (that's pretty much what we are having now) and the school your child was attending asked you to send your child in their flags colours, would you send her wearing an England shirt?

I definitely wouldn't.

If the school simply asked the children to wear particular colours I don't see any problem with wearing an English shirt.  In my experience, a large amount of time when events such as the one you describe are occuring the school will ensure not to limit the event tp a specific jersey for numerous reasons. One example is that they do not wish the child to go home and say that they need a certain shirt for school. Another is that they do not want children to feel excluded. In a lot of cases the school will simply turn an event like the one you've described into a "jersey day" with a particular focus upon wearing particular colours and in an event that you don't have a jersey then you can wear your own T-shirts that have similar colours so as to include everybody. SO I really don't see anything wrong with what you describe at all. It seems like an average occurence.

EDIT: And in addition to that, as has been mentioned, in general for the children it is simply a day ti wear your own T-shirt and to not have to wear the school uniform with little interest in the actual reason.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26 (145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Maybe his parents were saying "we are polish, but proud to be in britain"? you could spin it either way.

They are European wether we like it or not, I dont, I dont think Poland or Greece should have been let in the EU but they were and as such they are not really immigrants they are Europeans living and working in Europe.

From an economic point of view, Poland was one of the EUs biggest mistakes, instead of setting up a system to maintain a working poor, we tried to import it, and that working poor has done nothing but take the money and run. Some very rich towns in Poland are empty with all the people working here and sending all the money back.

Disaster.

But yeah, the kids parents motives might have been pure "youre polish, but youre british too now".

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26 (116 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Just thought I'd bring this one back up.

The Polish kid was in my garden yesterday with my kids and this time he was wearing a Man U top. I said to him "Ergh Man U, you don't support them do you?" He then said "No", so then I asked what team he does support expecting him to say some Polish team, but no he said (and this did make me chuckle)....."I support Chelsea!".

Turns out he seems to know more about British things than he does Polish even though he's only been here for two years and he's only eight or nine.

He was telling me he used to live in Southampton before he moved to Darlington (which I remember him saying a while back) but when I asked where he lived in Poland he said he can't remember the name of his town. But he did say he's going back over there this year to attend a wedding then he was telling me all about the different Polish food they have at Polish weddings.

So although he said his dad can't speak much English but his mam can it looks like that his parents aren't doing a bad job at all in getting the kid to fit in with local life over here (I'm not implying he should forget his Polish culture at all by saying that).

I still think I should burn his Polish shirt though (Joke).
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26 (87 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Its a shame he cant remember where he came from though, might be good reason for that though. You should consider making a citizens arrest, as i find him a bit suspscious now.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26 (80 Views)
0 Kudos