Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Ask a cancer patient anything

AzedX wrote:

xLegioNx wrote:
Ah the cancer card. We'll save that for the hot ones. But for now, we shall practice our singing act. :smileytongue:

Deal, by theory I should be able to hit high notes now with only having 'one in the chamber' , so to speak. 
This expands our library of songs to choose from. :smileytongue:

Gotcha. I'll start browsing the female sections too. This is going to be like taking candy from a baby.

Property of xLegioNx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 201 of 264 (246 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Just thought I'd pass on my best well wishes.

Coincidentally, I've just finished my Cancer Chemotherapy option module at Uni and it was a great insight into the chemistry of the different drugs that are prescribed to patients. But the biggest thing that was clear was how unselective chemotherapy drugs are hence the plethora of side effects associated with each drug; terrible disease, but something that still fascinates me.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 202 of 264 (231 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Its good to hear that you're doing well.

Out of interest, do you know what drugs you are given?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 203 of 264 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just read all 11 pages, loving the comedy side u got mate. u ever thought of doing a video diry of sorts.

might help with the bordum.? 

keep strong fella.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 204 of 264 (213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Dannehkins wrote:
Just thought I'd pass on my best well wishes.

Coincidentally, I've just finished my Cancer Chemotherapy option module at Uni and it was a great insight into the chemistry of the different drugs that are prescribed to patients. But the biggest thing that was clear was how unselective chemotherapy drugs are hence the plethora of side effects associated with each drug; terrible disease, but something that still fascinates me.

Thankyou Dannehkins, best of luck with your future studies.

It may be a bit late seen as how you've finished your module but if you have any questions about the chemotherapy and side effects to said chemotherapy i've been having, i'll try my best to answer them for you.

Moghal2007 wrote:

Its good to hear that you're doing well.

Out of interest, do you know what drugs you are given?

Thankyou, this past week has been hard, but I am getting through it :smileyhappy:

I'm given BEP. Bleomycin Etoposide and Cisplatin.

Day One in hospital: Etoposide and Cisplatin
Day two in hospital Etoposide and Cisplatin
Day Three in hospital  Etoposide Cisplatin and Bleomycin, 1 week of rest.

(I think these are correct, but my mindset was to pretend they were just water)

The following week as an outpatient I have Bleomycin. 1 week of rest.
And again the following week Bleomycin again. Rest untill next months course.

My Bleomycin was administered by needle into a muscle on the two occasions I have had it.
However due to the second occasion making me neutropenic I am now having it administered by IV.

BRISTOLAD wrote:

Just read all 11 pages, loving the comedy side u got mate. u ever thought of doing a video diry of sorts.

might help with the bordum.? 

keep strong fella.

Thanks mate :smileyhappy:

I am considering doing a cancer diary in the form of gameplay/commentary.
Perhaps even with a facecam in the corner. (Danny don't get too excited!).

The only thing stopping me is I don't know what game to record me playing. 
I'm not the best player, however I do have quite a library of titles.

I guess you guys could suggest me a game to play which would fit in with a cancer diary? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 205 of 264 (196 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Just read through this and its good to see you still keeping your spirits up and hope the treatment goes well. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 206 of 264 (188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

AzedX wrote:

WinnieP wrote:

Hmm musician, why am i thinking something with strings playing in a orchestra...?

What do you play?

RE nurse pic

I think you should go down the route of "your documenting your whole experience and posting some of it on the net. Plus make sure you take pics of the ugly old ones too, then it doesn't look too 'on top'. :smileywink:

I play guitar, bass, ukelele, drums, keyboard, organ (insert euthamism there),
Never really tried orchestrial instruments, mainly because they're out of my price range.

I gave the nurses some chocolate when I was in, so im in their good books, so i think the pics are on next time. :smileywink:

xLegioNx wrote:
He has a guitar mounted to his face so I'm thinking he plays that :smileytongue:

AzedX, on the roadtrip will you play some tunes to pass the time? I'll do the singing.

Of course, any requests? :smileytongue:

dannyjt wrote:

xLegioNx wrote:
He has a guitar mounted to his face so I'm thinking he plays that :smileytongue:

AzedX, on the roadtrip will you play some tunes to pass the time? I'll do the singing.

Unfortunately, he can't play guitar.

I heard he pretty good at the Sax though.

I'm very good at sax. :smileyhappy:

xLegioNx wrote:
Well that's disappointing. It's harder to pull with a sax but I guess we'll give it a shot :smileysad:

We could always play the 'my friend has cancer - sympathy' card. :smileywink:

BettySwollocks92 wrote:

Azedx, what's your opinion of the NHS?

It's alright I guess. I was a bit annoyed though as my cannula was dirty from my blood drying up within it. You're supposed to have it changed every 3 days, I had mine in for 5. So as they were pumping me with antibiotics through it, effectively it was pumping infections back into me. So my temperature was up and down everytime they checked. I'm also not very assertive so if I have a problem I usually just accept what they reply with. 

That's my only quarrel, other than that the nurses are ever so nice who treat me. The doctors are okay, but I guess theyre extremely busy and the hospital was/is very clean.

Have you cleaned out your organ pipes lately, does thinking of 'that' nurse playing the sax take you to a happy place? Or are thoughts like that and the consequence, something that your trying to avoid / the last thing on your mind?

Which is your favourite instrument and what's your favourite song to play that makes you the happiest?

Whats the funniest thing someone's said to you lately?

This one might be a bit deep but,

What are your thoughts now and have they changed since.

Regarding people 'pushing their luck' with Carcinogens, smoking, drinking, eating a known bad diet, sun bathing or the unfortunate that work around such carcinogenic substances.

When in some cases people go out of their way to live an incredibly healthy life style, or even children that haven't had time to be exposed to such things still 'contract'(?) cancerous cells? Yet some people might smoke etc and go on to live quite a long unaffected life.

ie

Is it just down to REALLY CRAPPY luck? Or are some of us pushing our luck when we know we're doing damage to our selves living bad lifestyles, yet could still "get struck down by lightening" which has nowt to do with the way we lived our lives...?

I was looking for jokes to put here to lighten it up, but i didn't know what you find funny...

So...

Whats your favourite joke? and ill base the future ones on that.

Oh n another awkward blokey hug, it feels so long since my last mildly uncomfortable pat on the back

Wishing you the best as always Azed. Chin up pal. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 207 of 264 (172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

penny84 wrote:

Just read through this and its good to see you still keeping your spirits up and hope the treatment goes well. :smileyhappy:

Thankyou Penny :smileyhappy:

@ WinnieP:

I haven't cleaned out my organ pipes yet, however I plan to eventually. Unfortunately i'm not allowed to think about nurses playing musical instruments otherwise cancer would be the least of my worries.

My favourite instrument is the drums, mainly because during high school I was the drummer for a few different bands and it kinda became what I was known for. My favourite song to play is "Jesus of Surburbia" by Green Day. It was the first ever song I did a live performance of with my band. Just takes me back to some of the happiest times in my life.

Paul another cancer patient on the ward claiming I was trying to steal his women. (The nurses) because I gave them chocolate.

I'd say it's down to a combination of bad luck and lifestyle choice but more so bad luck. I lived a somewhat healthy life, my diet wasn't good, however I've never been overweight, I've never smoked or done drugs and I barely drink alcohol. 

I've even read something on the net recently stating having a more acidic body helps cancer to thrive.
Which is strange because before I was diagnosed to now i've had indigestion and acid reflux constantly. Now im not saying this is true but it is a weird coincidence.

There is an element of 'why me?' but to be honest before my diagnosis I wasn't living my life, so although cancer has impacted me in the worse way, it's also made me realise what I have and that i should do something with my life.

My sense of humour is very dark. So yeah :smileytongue:

If you keep it up with the blokey hugs I think the others might get suspicious. - 1 second hug, pats on the back :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 208 of 264 (152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

AzedX wrote:

Paul another cancer patient on the ward claiming I was trying to steal his women. (The nurses) because I gave them chocolate.

that deserves a pic of the nurses - to see if they were worth stealing...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 209 of 264 (147 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I don't know if someone already asked this as I've missed some of the thread whilst on a ban and not caught up with it all, but how old are you?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 210 of 264 (146 Views)
0 Kudos