Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: Diagnosed with heart condition. :(

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Good job you've found out about it now as my mate died from it 17 years ago at the age of 28. Obviously there's no cure but if you know about it you can have regular checks. My friend wasn't so lucky.

Man, that sucks. :smileysad:

Was he not diagnosed with it, or diagnosed late?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

mattsimmo wrote:

Not personally heard of that before. Just been having a read about it now.

Me neither.  That's probably why I'm not a Doctor.

I hope you will be ok Jacko.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33 (276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

My friend didn't have a clue about it Jacko, he just went one day although he had told a few people he'd being having a few dizzy spells.
Apparently it's genetic so his brothers and sisters were checked for it too, his older brother was thought to have it after tests and told not to exert himself, so he had to stop training with me and was even told to make sure his wife went on top.
Anyway he was given the all clear a year or so later.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Never heard of it, but I like jacko, so take it easy <3

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33 (233 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Really sorry to hear that Jacko. :smileysad:

Group hugs for you.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

:smileysad:

Hope all things go well.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
My friend didn't have a clue about it Jacko, he just went one day although he had told a few people he'd being having a few dizzy spells.
Apparently it's genetic so his brothers and sisters were checked for it too, his older brother was thought to have it after tests and told not to exert himself, so he had to stop training with me and was even told to make sure his wife went on top.
Anyway he was given the all clear a year or so later.

Yeah, the doctors told me it's hereditary.

I don't know who else in my family has it, though. Unless my great-grandparents had it, I don't know.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
I don't think you would know if your grandparents were carrying the gene back then as from what I know it's a pretty rare condition and not many doctors even know that much about it still (although it seems more do these days than when I first heard of it). Do you have long fingers or limbs? That's one of the outward signs of maybe having it if I remember correctly.

My friends younger sister and brother were built like that but were in the clear as were his two kids.

Well anyway, I know it's really crap news for you and all but I'm glad to hear you got a fast diagnosis and I'm sure you will do good now that your doctors know you have a problem.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Only the good people in life seem to have the problems, I lost my twin bro 6 years a go to a heart condition at 22 he was ok day before and gone the next. Main thing is you have a diagnosis from the doctors and should lead a normal lifestyle.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33 (162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Poor Jacko, go easy.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33 (152 Views)
0 Kudos