Lounge

General Discussion

General Discussion

Level 3

Re: EU wants cars to phone 999

fenian wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote: 

And what if you are unconscious in a car that has rolled into a field and is either out of sight of the highway or in a remote location...?

Yeah just what we need, emergency services rushing to help drunken country people stuck in ditches. You know thats who is going to use this most, dumb drunken country people.

I doubt that.

You can't save time only spend it.
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 47 (208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

sounds like a typical irish man to me :smileytongue:

PSN: seany_boy2k8
Xbox tag: Seany_Blitz
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 47 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Surely these GPS devices will have to be built along the lines of aircraft black boxes, so they still work after a bad accident?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 47 (201 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

fenian wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote: 

And what if you are unconscious in a car that has rolled into a field and is either out of sight of the highway or in a remote location...?

Yeah just what we need, emergency services rushing to help drunken country people stuck in ditches. You know thats who is going to use this most, dumb drunken country people.

Yeah you know what those bloody country people are like.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 47 (200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Chuk_Chuk wrote:

I doubt that.

Bet half the time they turn up will be some country guy who drove into a field to try catch sheep, and they will catch him in the act.

Every bank holiday weekend its the same, drunken country people involved in fatal accidents outside the city.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 47 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

fenian wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote: 

Not necessarily mate, there is road by me which consists of five staights only seperated by roundabouts. Each straight is about mile long or so and people use it as drag strip, so dumb wreckless (ironic wording) idiots cause crashes as well.

An elderly group were caught up in such an accident and didn't make it through. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 47 (193 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ProjectVRD wrote:

Not necessarily mate, there is road by me which consists of five staights only seperated by roundabouts. Each straight is about mile long or so and people use it as drag strip, so dumb wreckless (ironic wording) idiots cause crashes as well.

An elderly group were caught up in such an accident and didn't make it through. :smileysad:

But did the police turn up in an orderly time? I bet they did, cause thats how city folk roll, and you and others have already said its only of real benefit in isolated areas.

We all know what goes on in isolated areas, drunk driving, zoophilia, and incest.

Also, what if youre on a horse?

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 47 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ProjectVRD wrote:

Each straight is about mile long or so and people use it as drag strip, so dumb wreckless (ironic wording) idiots cause crashes as well.  

Reckless may have been a better word to use :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 47 (181 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

fenian wrote:

Also, what if youre on a horse?

We all know horses carry mobile phones with them.

Silly.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 47 (180 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

PatC_PSN wrote:

Surely these GPS devices will have to be built along the lines of aircraft black boxes, so they still work after a bad accident?

Possibly but not necessarily and depends on where it is positioned.

You can't save time only spend it.
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 47 (178 Views)
0 Kudos