28 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

24 Replies 375 Views Created 28-03-2012

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.

Twitter.jpg

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25 (375 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GAME Employees Campaign For Unreceived Wages

If Ireland is like the UK then employees will be high on the priority list of creditors if they are owed money, but only from cash that is available, or can be raised from the collection of debts and the sale of assets.

I believe that the first call on available money is to pay the administrators, PwC in this case.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25 (363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

GAME employees across Ireland have taken to the floor for a sit-in protest waiting for their unreceived wages.

The former employees believe they are entitled to 30 days of redundancy notice, which they haven’t received. Reports claim that GAME apparently told staff they will be paid for their March working period.

Ben Lamb O’Sullivan is heading the campaign, using social media as his weapon. In a recent Facebook update, O’Sullivan said: “Just had an administrator at our door, ain’t getting our keys! It’s all official now!”... More.

I would be stealing so much stuff it would be unbeleivable.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25 (360 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

PatC_PSN wrote:

If Ireland is like the UK then employees will be high on the priority list of creditors if they are owed money, but only from cash that is available, or can be raised from the collection of debts and the sale of assets.

I believe that the first call on available money is to pay the administrators, PwC in this case.

I was under the impression that staff were low on the priority list, and that it took public exposure to get higher on that list. As you say, the Administrators are high priority to recieve money, as are any shareholders and board of Directors of the said company even though they proved they were poor at their job.

As for the ground staff, I think they are generally near the bottom of the list in terms of priority towards recieving any available cash and it takes action like national publication in the news to change that.

There are many instances where public exposure wasn't enough as well, as with the case of the Burberry factories it was the administrators, owner, board of directors and the few small investors who got money while the staff only had a pitiful excuse of compensation after a week long run in the news.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25 (339 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

PatC_PSN wrote:

Game has said they are getting nothing and said our government can pick up the tab if they want.

Im not sure legally where the whole issue stands, Ireland allows uk companies special treatement when trading in Ireland, and Im not fully sure if we have anything more than long standing gentlemans agreements with the UK.. Im not sure..

However, I can pretty much gurantee there is no way the UK government would let someone like game throw into question any long standing understandings between UK and Ireland and will demand the money is shared in as fair a possible way, as the Irish government would demand of any Irish company trying to do the same thing to the uk.

Like we didnt let our developers dump their uk property portfolios onto the open market which would have crippled the UK economy, instead our government picked up the tab and now holds the property.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25 (335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Employees would count as secured creditors and be quite high on the allocation of any funds from liquidation. Company directors are legally quite different, and I don't think they would benefit in the same way (and nor should they). Common shareholders are at the bottom of the food chain and could expect to lose everything, which is why they typically dump the shares as soon as they get wind of the inevitable, getting what they can before the share price falls through the floor. And when they fall below broker commission levels, they probably just wipe their arses on them.

Game must have been trading as a registered company in Ireland and be subject to Irish law. I don't know how that differs from the UK, but I doubt there is any need for any cross-border provisions or arrangements.

Game can't say anything at this point as they effectively no longer exist. All operational and financial decisions are made by the appointed administrators, who obviously have a duty to comply with local laws.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25 (303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

I'd imagine the police would find a body or two as well.

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25 (286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

PatC_PSN wrote:

Game must have been trading as a registered company in Ireland and be subject to Irish law. I don't know how that differs from the UK, but I doubt there is any need for any cross-border provisions or arrangements.

But I dont think its necessary for a UK company to do anything but register for tax to trade in Ireland and vice versa.

I know tesco is fully listed here as a holdings company, but game doesnt even own the game.ie domain someone else does and its impossible to register a .ie of a registered company, and their two listings in Ireland are just business names not company listings that list their place of business as UK and England.

Maybe they are fully regsitered, I dont fully understand the uk/irish agreements. No idea, I just know they said the Irish government can pay any bills they have in Ireland, maybe thats just them trying to play hard ball, no idea.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25 (259 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

dannyjt wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

GAME do not kill.

Twitter.jpg

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:

Mike939 wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

GAME do not kill.

You must be new here.

It's a well known fact that Mike939 is a serial killer.

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25 (160 Views)
0 Kudos