26 Dec 2011
Playstation Staff

HMV voucher is back!

[ Edited ]
21 Replies 593 Views edited 26-12-2011

http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/221072 HMV is so going under...

3969.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (593 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: HMV voucher is back!

Pardon?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (572 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Or if you dont want to click the referral link http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/221072 :smileytongue:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (555 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Meh... still overpriced HMV.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (505 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

ProjectVRD wrote:
Meh... still overpriced HMV.

Indeed.

I still don't understand why people keep buying from them. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (498 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Tbh they are really the only place to buy DVD's and games in Ireland. Not to mention that they are the cheapest retailer here.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (493 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Pin-Pin-Ire wrote:
Tbh they are really the only place to buy DVD's and games in Ireland. Not to mention that they are the cheapest retailer here.

And that's the reason they can get away with it, because they know there's no where else for people to go, except online.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (492 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

But who buys DVDs in shops these days? 

Amazon is usually at LEAST 20% cheaper and it only takes a couple of days to arrive...

Even here in Denmark, they are delivered 3 days after ordering and are most of the time cheaper! 

Oh and HMV will go bust in 2012... Thats for certain! 

Lee I PSN and Xbox Live: K1LLMEBILL I
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (468 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Personally I hope HMV survives for a few reasons. They are the cheapest retailer here, I like popping into HMV and finding something I wouldn't normally buy and finally they are the best place(here at least) to do game trade ins.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (453 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

hmv is pretty poor in Ireland, Id rate it as abysmal. Their music selection despite the odd gems is poor compared to the shops they put out of business. Their prices are a joke, their dvd collection is a joke specifically world cinema.

I mean the hmv in Dundrum dosent even stock the full studio ghibili collection, and are missing a lot of films id love to own.

Again, its a lot worse than the companies they put out of business.

Their game selection and pricing is a joke, there used to be some really good game shops in Ireland they have been replaced by shops who just get in the big games and slap a 60 euro price tag on them, so what if hmv is cheaper, Irish people are still ripped off.

HMV in the UK, now its a totall different kettle of fish, id say higher than internet prices but decent and close enough to internet prices in most cases that its not a huge deal, and in the UK they generally stock some really really cool interesting stuff from films to music like limited edition picture records, to dvds and bluray.

I think the main problem is tesco, its made hmv concentrate on money making stuff rather than the cool place to go where you will see films you never even heard of before. I find it hard to even find films in my hmv that I havent seen. Before id go to a film store and buy ones i knew nothing about.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (445 Views)
0 Kudos